NFL Division 1 2011

Started by Maguire01, January 30, 2011, 11:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

is Down v Galway Sat night or sunday???

PAULD123

Quote from: mannix on February 08, 2011, 02:22:39 AM
please stop the daft talk about being happy with a draw against Mayo, if you are really happy with losing a lead like that,then division 2 will be too glad to welcome you back.

I never said I was happy with the draw. We could have been out of sight by half time. Although in the end we were lucky enough to get out without a defeat. I said I am happy with the point. The fact that we are one step closer to survival. Every little bit helps and I'm glad that at least we came out with that much. But of course we all desire that Down build and improve, no one is thinks that the level last week is what we are aiming for. So, no, we are not happy with the performance or the result, everyone (most importantly the players) wants more. But in light of a poor second half performance, yes, we are grateful for a point.

blueannavy

down v galway 2pm or 230pm on sunday

PAULD123

Throw in is 2:30pm in Park Esler. The Armagh game the week after is on Saturday at 7:30pm.

Maguire01

1 Dublin 2 2 0 0 5-25 1-27 10 4
2 Down 2 1 1 0 5-18 2-22 5 3
3 Monaghan 2 1 0 1 0-32 1-25 4 2
4 Kerry 2 1 0 1 2-22 0-25 3 2
5 Armagh 2 1 0 1 2-22 2-25 -3 2
6 Cork 2 1 0 1 0-33 4-26 -5 2
7 Mayo 2 0 1 1 1-21 4-16 -4 1
8 Galway 2 0 0 2 1-23 2-30 -10 0

Happy enough after week 2, despite dropping at least one point today. Scoring difference could well come into play again this year, so one positive from today's result is that the margin of defeat was the minimum. I think Monaghan can still pick up enough points to stay in Division 1.

amallon

Pos   Team   P   W   L   D   F   A   Points
1   Dublin   3   3   0   0   59   48   6
2   Down   3   2   0   1   45   39   5
3   Cork   3   2   1   0   51   53   4
4   Mayo   3   1   1   1   44   40   3
5   Kerry   3   1   2   0   46   44   2
6   Monaghan   3   1   2   0   47   46   2
7   Armagh   3   1   2   0   39   43   2
8   Galway   3   0   3   0   38   56   0
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Kerry Mike

3 games in and 2 narrow losses for the Kingdom (should have beaten the dubs at the weekend) , cant really afford any more losses now or Div 2 will be our lot for 2012 and its never been a great base for a serious assallt on Sam.

But anyway we will plod on, some lads are showing serious form already wilth Marc O'Se and Cooper and Darren O'Sullivan turning in good recent displays and the likes of Brian Sheehan and David Moran finally starting to show the potential they have. But lots of areas to work on, Eoin Brosnan still has to convince at centre back and the likes of Aidan O'Mahony, Tomas O'Se, Killian Young and Padraig Reidy need to up the fitness levels.

Midfield still a major concern though Moran and Sheehan showed well at times against the Dubs, Scanlon and Maher have not exerted their dominace in games. Maybe Donaghy needs to be tried out for a game or two

We need also to get Declan O'Sullivan and Paul Galvin back up front soon.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Hound

Quote from: Kerry Mike on March 01, 2011, 12:09:55 PM
(should have beaten the dubs at the weekend)

Lovin' that music  :D

QuoteBut anyway we will plod on, some lads are showing serious form already wilth Marc O'Se and Cooper and Darren O'Sullivan turning in good recent displays and the likes of Brian Sheehan and David Moran finally starting to show the potential they have. But lots of areas to work on, Eoin Brosnan still has to convince at centre back and the likes of Aidan O'Mahony, Tomas O'Se, Killian Young and Padraig Reidy need to up the fitness levels.

Midfield still a major concern though Moran and Sheehan showed well at times against the Dubs, Scanlon and Maher have not exerted their dominace in games. Maybe Donaghy needs to be tried out for a game or two

I think moving Moran to wing forward is a great idea. Removes the pressure of being a starting midfielder, but he can still weigh in with big catches and there's a load of football in him.

Donaghy's reminding me of Robbie Keane. Concentrating more on winning frees, conning the ref, berating the ref, rather than his own game. Something has to be done, because he's stuck in a bit of a mire and looking like a one trick pony, and IMO he's much better than that. Maybe a spell in midfield would freshen him up. Or when he is full forward, change the tactics a bit and don't just lump high ball into him (especially when the full back is having a good day).

Maguire01

Looks like it's between Galway, Monaghan and Mayo for the two relegation places. Galway and Mayo both have still to play Cork and Galway, so it's a tough run-in for them.

I expect Galway to go down at this stage and suspect the last place could be decided by the Monaghan v Mayo result on the last day in Inniskeen.

Team          P W D L F A +/- Pts
1 Dublin       4 4 0 0 8-48 3-51 12 8
2 Cork         4 3 0 1 4-65 5-53 9 6
3 Down       4 2 1 1 5-45 5-50 -5 5
4 Kerry        4 2 0 2 3-53 3-43 10 4
5 Armagh     4 2 0 2 4-43 3-47 -1 4
6 Mayo        4 1 1 2 4-45 6-38 1 3
7 Monaghan 4 1 0 3 2-53 2-53 0 2
8 Galway     4 0 0 4 1-43 4-60 -26 0

Maguire01

Even if Monaghan were to beat Kerry, we'd still need a result (at least a draw) against Mayo. Best bet is Monaghan and Mayo both lose the next round (against Kerry and Cork respectively) and Monaghan beat Mayo in Inniskeen on the final day.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 20, 2011, 06:14:49 PM

Even if Monaghan were to beat Kerry, we'd still need a result (at least a draw) against Mayo. Best bet is Monaghan and Mayo both lose the next round (against Kerry and Cork respectively) and Monaghan beat Mayo in Inniskeen on the final day.
[/quote

Not necessarily. Galway could beat us (far from improbable), Cork could hammer us in Cork (more than likely). That would leave us stuck on 4 points so a Monaghan win over Kerry and narrow defeat to Mayo would keep Monaghan up and relegate Armagh.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Maguire01

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 20, 2011, 06:22:07 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 20, 2011, 06:14:49 PM

Not necessarily. Galway could beat us (far from improbable), Cork could hammer us in Cork (more than likely). That would leave us stuck on 4 points so a Monaghan win over Kerry and narrow defeat to Mayo would keep Monaghan up and relegate Armagh.
Can't see Armagh losing to Galway, especially at home. At the same time, if Monaghan did manage to beat Kerry and Mayo (unlikely as that is), Armagh could still go down. Although that depends on whether it is decided on head to head or scoring average if the teams are level. Anyone know?

Cosmo Kramer

Scoring average.

Because Mayo and Monaghan have still to meet, Galway are already gone barring a mathematical (and footalling) miracle.

As was said, even if Monaghan beat Kerry they will still need to do something on the last day to stay up. Mayo could beat Cork next week and it could still all be decided with a round of games to go, but the smart money is on a winner takes all last game in Inniskeen.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Maguire01

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on March 20, 2011, 07:04:49 PM
Scoring average.

Because Mayo and Monaghan have still to meet, Galway are already gone barring a mathematical (and footalling) miracle.

As was said, even if Monaghan beat Kerry they will still need to do something on the last day to stay up. Mayo could beat Cork next week and it could still all be decided with a round of games to go, but the smart money is on a winner takes all last game in Inniskeen.
Only if Kerry beat Monaghan as well.

Dinny Breen

Why did Tomas O Flatharta last win a league game?
#newbridgeornowhere