NFL Division 1 2011

Started by Maguire01, January 30, 2011, 11:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donelli

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 31, 2011, 12:48:04 PM
Quote from: donelli on January 31, 2011, 12:44:57 PM
Anyone able to tell me when the league final is fixed for??
cant find it on the offical pages
I really don't think we'll need to keep that date free.
:D

dont expect us to get anywhre near it, but with hopeful free entry into it with a season ticket, was wondering would it be on Easter Sunday (26th april) as the last round of league games are on the 12th April.

Maguire01

Quote from: haranguerer on January 31, 2011, 01:08:46 PM
You're right - yis are fucked.

PP odds look about right - wouldnt think Down will be close either.
You have trips to Kilkenny and Carlow to plan - don't be wasting your time thinking about Monaghan.

haranguerer

Jesus, I'm not going near them spots. Sure what incentive would there be for the lads to get promoted if we all showed up in support regardless?  :P

Donelli, I thought there was never any games on Easter Sunday? We all have to be at mass dontcha know, and it lasts ages...

Maguire01

Quote from: haranguerer on January 31, 2011, 01:33:17 PM
Jesus, I'm not going near them spots. Sure what incentive would there be for the lads to get promoted if we all showed up in support regardless?  :P

Donelli, I thought there was never any games on Easter Sunday? We all have to be at mass dontcha know, and it lasts ages...
I'm pretty sure we played Dublin in Parnell Park on Easter Sunday a few years ago - although if i remember correctly, it was a rescheduled fixture.

donelli

I see Banty was alongside conor counihan at the launch of this years NFL in Croker today. Anyone care to tell him that he won't be competing for that trophy with Meath ???;D

Orangemac

Armagh will do well to stay in Div 1 this year. A few players staking their claim for the summer and a sense of progression in terms of a game plan would be a start.

Monaghan will also struggle. A few of the old stagers loyal to Banty may not appear this year.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 30, 2011, 12:10:41 PM
I would have thought Mayo would be favourites to go down.

I expect us to be comfortable enough again in the league like we usually are. We may even finish towards the top end of the table again. Better panel than last year and infinitely better managed I expect. It s later in the year that our troubles usually begin - mostly trouble of our own making.

Maguire01

Quote from: Orangemac on January 31, 2011, 10:53:15 PM
Monaghan will also struggle. A few of the old stagers loyal to Banty may not appear this year.
I don't think anyone will stay away because of loyalty to Banty. Although some significant absences are expected.

Orangemac

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 31, 2011, 11:14:02 PM
Quote from: Orangemac on January 31, 2011, 10:53:15 PM
I don't think anyone will stay away because of loyalty to Banty. Although some significant absences are expected.
Not retiring out of loyalty, more that they stayed on for 1 more year last year due to him.

Maguire01

Team P W D L F A +/- Pts
1 Monaghan 1 1 0 0 0-19 0-14 5 2
2 Dublin 1 1 0 0 2-12 1-11 4 2
3 Cork 1 1 0 0 0-17 1-13 1 2
4 Down 1 0 1 0 3-7 1-13 0 1
5 Mayo 1 0 1 0 1-13 3-7 0 1
6 Kerry 1 0 0 1 1-13 0-17 -1 0
7 Armagh 1 0 0 1 1-11 2-12 -4 0
8 Galway 1 0 0 1 0-14 0-19 -5 0

A nice place to be after week 1!

I know it's early days and I don't consider Monaghan to be anywhere near safe, but Galway look like they could be in trouble and will surely be one of the favourites to drop.

whitegoodman

Take out cork, dublin and kerry and anyone could be relegated.

Mayo4Sam

I think the bottom two as it stands will go down. Mayo next favourites, hard to see where we'll get points. Monaghan away, (dirty) dubs away and cork at home all look no hopers
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

PAULD123

Any team could get relegated at this stage. But after watching the games at the weekend I have to say that Galway look in serious trouble so that leaves only one relegation spot to fear. Basically I see it as a race to 5 points. Down got a good away point against Mayo and now play Galway at home. We would hope that we will win that and have confidence going in against Armagh. The first three results will be critical for all teams I can't see the relegate teams getting more than 4 points so 5 points should be the survival aim. But any team could beat any other.

mannix

please stop the daft talk about being happy with a draw against Mayo, if you are really happy with losing a lead like that,then division 2 will be too glad to welcome you back.

Tubberman

What's going on in Galway??
Two of their better players have withdrawn from the squad.
Looks like things are going from bad to worse, but it's early in the year yet. Maybe they'll be back for championship....

QuoteGALWAY football has been rocked by the withdrawal of Kieran Fitzgerald and Niall Coleman just a week into the Allianz Football League season.

Fitzgerald, appointed a joint-captain by manager Tomas O Flatharta a few weeks ago, started against Monaghan yesterday week but was replaced at half-time while Coleman came on as a sub in the second half.

The official line is that Fitzgerald has withdrawn due to recurring injury problems while work commitments are behind Coleman's decision.

However, the departure of two experienced players at this early stage of the season has left Galway supporters surprised and confused, leading to speculation that other factors were involved in the pair's decision to opt out.

Galway have made a poor start to the league, losing by five points to Monaghan yesterday week, and face another tough assignment against Down in Newry next Sunday.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."