Tyrone vs Donegal NFL

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 25, 2007, 05:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: realredhandfan on March 12, 2007, 11:11:56 AM
It seems a few have it in for Hughes,  BTW this was his national league debut,  We had men on that field with 2 all Irelands who played as bad as him.. Ger Cavlan was the worst in the world after Cork, lads we need to be realistic hear, we are playing shite football and in a ruck but we will get out of it.  The team dosent look fit at teh moment too.  Lets not castigate, but encourage the new lads.  Bad bad form from a lot of lads on here. 

Fair point rrhf and Kelvin Hughes is maybe a bit unfortunate in that he is not just coming out of underage football and wont get the same chance to play a few bad games as some of the younger players would. Thats just the way it is though and he's been on the panel a few months now without doing too much in the few chances he's had to prove he's worth his place. If he gets another chance he's going to have to step up to the mark.

No need to panic as far as the overall team is concerned though. Remember the listless display and defeat to Wexford in the league semi and 2005 and none too impressive championship showings against Down and Cavan.A few months later we had Sam back. Tyrone werent world beaters a few weeks ago after beating the Dubs and winning the McKenna Cup and by the same token arent suddenly a bad team after losing to Cork and Donegal!

The main thing for the remaining 3 league games is to get enough points to secure Division 1 football next season and to address FB. I doubt Cormac McGinley is the answer there and hopefully Mickey will give somebody else a chance to stake a claim there.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on March 12, 2007, 12:17:35 PM

The main thing for the remaining 3 league games is to get enough points to secure Division 1 football next season and to address FB. I doubt Cormac McGinley is the answer there and hopefully Mickey will give somebody else a chance to stake a claim there.

Joe Mc Mahon may not be too far away by all accounts, and would appear to be the most promising for number 3 at this point.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 12, 2007, 01:12:10 PM
Joe Mc Mahon may not be too far away by all accounts, and would appear to be the most promising for number 3 at this point.

I would agree but MH doesnt seem to...Joe has hardly had a game at FB since the AI Final in 2005. Who else could go in there??

realredhandfan

Dare I say the under 21 full back maybe worth a go.  Hes more of a full than corner back.. Step forward Mc Caul. 

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: realredhandfan on March 12, 2007, 01:21:38 PM
Dare I say the under 21 full back maybe worth a go.  Hes more of a full than corner back.. Step forward Mc Caul. 

Worth a throw!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

loughshore lad

I think he has potential. How did he play for the U21's? Was Cathal McCarron (dromore) not full back for the u21-s on Saturday night?

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: loughshore lad on March 12, 2007, 01:49:39 PM

I think he has potential. How did he play for the U21's? Was Cathal McCarron (dromore) not full back for the u21-s on Saturday night?

McCaul was the man I was thinking about regarding a run at full back for the seniors but Im pretty sure it was indeed McCarron who was at FB for the under 21's on Saturday....

Maybe Marlow is the answer in time but looks maybe a bit early at the minute.

realredhandfan

Mc Carron started as f/b but struggled for pace a little against donegals fastest player. In fact the Dongal f/f line (2) were both sharp and fast. Mc Carron was moved to the corner and eventually taken off but had done a sterling job as they were marking 2 exceptional footballers.  Mc Carron will be another year or 2 id have thought from senior football but looks a good prospect.  Mc Caul plays full back every week for the club - a position we had struggled to fill for a number of years and has held PTG scoreless among others.  IMHO hes probably the best Donaghmore footballer since Cush.  But is a central player not a corner back.  Hes county f/b stuff whether it will be this year or next.  Maybe Mickeys scared because he is only 20 which is understandable enough.  Donaghmores youngest ever player of the year last year. 

ONeill

Quotehes a very nice lad to boot.

Still possess that fetish eh?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

realredhandfan

Same way Id have kicked yourself in the afterschool games on a Friday. .

Over the Bar

Quotehes a very nice lad to boot.

That'll reassure MH. 

realredhandfan

The no 6 for the u21s is he another brother otb.

Tyrones own

McConnell
Ricey        Gormley      McGee/Carlin

Harte      McMahon      Jordan

Cavanagh   McGinley

Dooher     McGuigan   O'Neill

Mulligan     Rouse/Cavlin     McCullagh/McCarron

Rouse should be given a good chance, O'Neill Needs space to work, too easy tied up at
the edge of the square with any kind of pulling or dragging.
We could switch McMahon and Gormley for height in certain games when necessary.
McCullagh/McCarron and McGee/Carlin can be switched out at times depending on form.
Just my 2 cents :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

willyorwonthe

i wasn't at the tyrone v dublin game but watched it on television. my opinion is that there were toomany NIMOS on the Tyrone team compared to Donegal-just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong.

Tyrones own

Quote from: willyorwonthe on March 13, 2007, 12:21:04 AM
i wasn't at the tyrone v dublin game but watched it on television. my opinion is that there were toomany NIMOS on the Tyrone team compared to Donegal-just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong.

::) ??? ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann