Tyrone vs Donegal NFL

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 25, 2007, 05:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loughshore lad

Quote from: recall06 on March 07, 2007, 01:59:41 PM
Jordan def wont be playing against Donegal. He has just returned from Germany having received a double Hernia opperation. He was over at the same surgeon that Joey MacMahon was at a few weeks ago. Prob be a month before we see him in a tyrone top again. Other players out for Donegal game are McGee (Shoulder), Carlin (ankle) and Tommy McGuigan (ankle)

Tommy has an ankle injury and def wont be playing, I think he has to have an x ray to see what the damage is.

tyroneman

Could be in trouble for this game if Big Sean has to sit it out. MF will look very weak indeed.

Personally I would like to see Mulgrew kept from the u-21 game and given his head with the seniors as much as possible.

Cavo at CHF and Rouse at FF.

the 2 Hughes in MF maybe?

Does anyone know how far away Joe McMahon is from even a run out?????

And would not put it past MH to give a certain someone his first run out of the year........... ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tyroneman on March 08, 2007, 01:22:59 PM
Could be in trouble for this game if Big Sean has to sit it out. MF will look very weak indeed.

Personally I would like to see Mulgrew kept from the u-21 game and given his head with the seniors as much as possible.

Cavo at CHF and Rouse at FF.

the 2 Hughes in MF maybe?

Does anyone know how far away Joe McMahon is from even a run out?????

And would not put it past MH to give a certain someone his first run out of the year........... ;)

Yep, piece of big-time juggling required from MH here, will be interesting. Could be the game to make or break a few for the season ahead, though not sure the U21 management would be happy with R Mulgrew sitting the curtain-raiser out.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

uselessfootballer

In previous seasons MH made a big thing of not picking U-21s when there was a clash.

If they are U-21 then they should be allowed to play for U-21 in the first instance, was his stated poisition. Can't see that he would change his stand on that now. Championship, at whatever grade comes first.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Fair point, can't see MH pushing with the U21s too much, he's only too well aware of what's involved with management at that level from experience.  Restricts the options though.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

recall06

Possible line out for sat
Packie
Ricey, Cormac, PmcGurk
Davy, Conor, Justin Mac
  Cavanagh, Hughes
Dooher, Calvo, Enda
Mugsy, Stevie, Mellon

If Cavanagh not fit then Calvo to midfield, Mugsy to CHF and possibly Colm McCullagh

KIDDO

Mulligan is suspended ,

uselessfootballer

I'd say you're looking at Hughes and Hughes in the middle of the field (sounds like a firm of solicitors) if Sean is out.

I'm a big fan of Ger Cavlan's but don't think he has the legs for midfield anymore, will still do a great job at 11 or 12.

realredhandfan

Boys and gals get along early, this Under 21 game will be a cracker,  Lets bring 10 000 to an under 21 championship and show the GAA shes for keeps.

realredhandfan

Is there anyone who would be brave enough to have a guess at picking the 2 tyrone teams,  O Neill would certainly be brave enough but is he wise enough????

ONeill

The Tyrone U21 side that took the Shamrock Cup recently was:

John Curran,
Damien McCaul, Cathal McCarron, PJ Quinn,
Brendan Boggs, Paul Marlow, Martin Murray,
Raymond Mulgrew, John Kelly,
Aidan Cassidy, Mark Cunningham, Ronan McRory,
Conor O'Donnell , Cathal McCarron, Niall McGinn.
Subs: Kieran McGinley, Niall McGinnl, Gareth Devlin, Philip Toner

Throw in McMahon and Cavanagh.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Seniors - I'd plump for:

Packie
Ricey, Cormac, McGee
Davy, Conor, Carlin
Donnelly, Hughes
Dooher, Cavlan, McGinley
McCullagh, Stevie, Mellon
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

reddgnhand

Is Justy McMahon not overage for the U21's?

realredhandfan

Is the match on television lads and by that i mean pee per view,
Can we put 10 thousand at the under 21s lads can we really do this?

never kickt a ball

SENIOR AND U-21 TEAMS TO PLAY DONEGAL
08 Mar 2007

The Tír Eoghain Senior team to play Dún na nGall in the Allianz NFL match in Healy Park on Saturday at 7.30 pm is:

Pascal McConnell, Ryan McMenamin, Cormac McGinley, Michael McGee, Davy Harte, Conor Gormley, Dermot Carlin, Peter Donnelly, Kelvin Hughes, Brian Dooher (Capt.), Enda McGinley, Declan Treanor, Martin Penrose, Stephen O'Neill, Colm McCullagh.

Subs: Jonathan Curran, Gerald Cavlan, Colm Donnelly, Niall Gormley, Colin Holmes, Kevin Hughes, Aiden McCarron, Damian McDermott, Tommy McGuigan, Justin McMahon, Ryan Mellon, Michael Murphy, Paul Quinn, Paul Rouse.

Manager: Mickey Harte

The Tír Eoghain U-21 team to play Dún na nGall in the first round of the Ulster Championship match in Healy Park on Saturday at 5.30 pm is:

Jonathan Curran, Damien McCaul, Cathal McCarron, PJ Quinn, Brendan Boggs, Ciaran McGinley, Martin Murray, Raymond Mulgrew (Capt.), Colm Cavanagh, John Kelly, Marc Cunningham, Ronan McRory, Conor O'Donnell, Aidan Cassidy, Cathal McCarron.

Subs: Greg Kelly, John Gilmore, Niall Kerr, Jason McAnulla, Gerard McCaughey, Niall P McGinn, Shane O'Hagan, Dean O'Neill, Shaun O'Neill

Managers: Martin Coyle, Liam Donnelly

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/county/football/news/story.jsp?newsid=314