Massive Bomb in Moscow Airport

Started by muppet, January 24, 2011, 02:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Worth pasting the article here.
Horrible attack, and news still sketchy.

Moscow's Domodedovo airport - the busiest in the Russian capital - has been rocked by an explosion that has killed at least 10 people.

Dozens more are thought to have been injured in the blast, which reports suggest may have been the work of a suicide bomber.

Emergency services are on the scene and tending to the wounded.

The airport is 40km (25 miles) south-east of the city centre, and is popular with foreign workers and tourists.

Early local reports suggested the blast may have hit the baggage reclaim area of the international arrivals hall.

A RIA Novosti news agency correspondent at the scene reported that a lot of smoke could be seen in the area, and there was a smell of burning.

The UK's Foreign Office said it was checking if any Britons were involved.

The airport is 40km (25 miles) south-east of the city centre, and is popular with foreign workers and tourists flying into the city.

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

Russia Today have an unconfirmed report of 31 people now dead, and 130 people injured.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Tyrones own

Business as usual from the religion of peace  >:(
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

stew

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 24, 2011, 05:53:32 PM

Have Muslims claimed this atrocity was their doing yet???
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

CiKe

Catch yourself on. Normally I wouldn't waste my time with your sh*te, but don't tar everyone with the same brush.

under the bar

QuoteBusiness as usual from the religion of peace  >:(

It was comments by the likes of you that gave us the Holocaust and 40 years of The Troubles.

Tyrones own

Quote from: CiKe on January 24, 2011, 06:52:34 PM

Catch yourself on. Normally I wouldn't waste my time with your sh*te, but don't tar everyone with the same brush.
Oh I'm sorry....ye lot had no bother tarring 60% of Americans with the actions of the Tucson shooter....catch yourself on!
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote from: under the bar on January 24, 2011, 07:47:05 PM
QuoteBusiness as usual from the religion of peace  >:(

It was comments by the likes of you that gave us the Holocaust and 40 years of The Troubles.
:D  *shakes head
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote from: stew on January 24, 2011, 06:38:00 PM

Have Muslims claimed this atrocity was their doing yet???
Not yet but sure its the only religion I know of that openly teaches and preaches
such horrendous acts against infidels those they don't agree with :-\
  - Walter Lippmann

CiKe

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 24, 2011, 08:44:14 PM

Oh I'm sorry....ye lot had no bother tarring 60% of Americans with the actions of the Tucson shooter....catch yourself on!

There you go again. I didn't post on that thread...anyway, don't want this thread to descend into same old crap.

Terrible news altogether, but was just watching Sky News and was showing The Independent's leader for tomorrow carrying the story. If had been in Baghdad, would not get the same coverage.

Minder

Quote from: CiKe on January 24, 2011, 09:07:34 PM

There you go again. I didn't post on that thread...anyway, don't want this thread to descend into same old crap.

Terrible news altogether, but was just watching Sky News and was showing The Independent's leader for tomorrow carrying the story. If had been in Baghdad, would not get the same coverage.

Maybe because there were Brits killed ??
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

under the bar

QuoteNot yet but sure its the only religion I know of that openly teaches and preaches

For such a bloodthirsty lot I'm not aware of many muslim world leaders who have given the go ahead to bomb innocent civilians in Christian countries and then gone on to defend that policy.  There must be dozens if your statement is to be taken at face value but I'm struggling to get beyond Gadaffi at the min.

While you are at it can you explain why Bush, Reagan, Blair etc being Christians haven't adhered to the 10 commandments and the beatitudes. 

CiKe

Quote from: Minder on January 24, 2011, 09:12:49 PM
Quote from: CiKe on January 24, 2011, 09:07:34 PM

Maybe because there were Brits killed ??

Sorry Minder, that's not come across the way I meant it. I suppose it is only natural that the media would lead with the story but I sometimes think in our reactions to these things, that we subconsciously and unfairly put a premium on life in some cases rather than others. I'm not suggesting that it isn't worthy of front page news, rather that unfortunately we have simply become used to a daily news flow of horrific similar events in Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan, to the point that I think a lot of people would almost just shrug their shoulders at news of another suicide attack in the Middle East.

Tyrones own

Quote from: under the bar on January 24, 2011, 09:22:02 PM
QuoteNot yet but sure its the only religion I know of that openly teaches and preaches

For such a bloodthirsty lot I'm not aware of many muslim world leaders who have given the go ahead to bomb innocent civilians
in Christian countries and then gone on to defend that policy.  There must be dozens if your statement is to be taken at face value but I'm struggling to get beyond Gadaffi at the min.

Are you aware of many Muslim world leaders actively organizing mass protests the world over distancing themselves and the majority of their people from such atrocities... ::) the silence is deafening!
QuoteWhile you are at it can you explain why Bush, Reagan, Blair etc being Christians haven't adhered to the 10 commandments and the beatitudes. 
No I can't cause I clearly can't speak for anyone but myself!
But while on the subject; do you really want to open that debate, pitting or comparing the 10 Commandments against what thon other thing teaches ???
  - Walter Lippmann