Red or Dead?

Started by Tony Baloney, January 16, 2011, 09:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any using or seriously considering using red diesel in the near future?

Currently on the red.
6 (13.3%)
Considering it if the prices keep rising.
14 (31.1%)
Law abiding citizen.
25 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Cde

DennistheMenace

Someone good at maths could work out how many times you would need to fill up on average to save the initial £500 fine.

My friend has been on it for years and we share lifts to work, it breaks my heart paying nearly double him for diesel.

tyrone girl

DennistheMenace

Suppose I've dipped my boyo in worse on Tuesday nights but less about the Parlour.

Might give it a rattle. Cue getting dipped next week, will stick to main roads.

Cde

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 16, 2011, 10:47:43 PM
Quote from: Cde on January 16, 2011, 10:32:52 PM
how does that work Tg

What ya mean?
do you drive on straight kero or mix it with clear. If so what is the mix and is it legal

tyrone girl

Would ya not try mixing the clear with kero? Very cheap and its clear if ur dipped

Cde

tyrone girl

Clear if its dipped yes.

Cde

tyroneboi

How much is diesel in around the  Monaghan area these days? I am very tempted to go with the red diesel but it would be my luck to get caught doing it.

All of a Sludden

How much is red diesel?

I was filling up on Friday evening and noticed a van at the green pump, couldnt believe that green diesel is over 80c a litre. Thankfully I have a company car, but if it was coming out of my own pocket I would be seriously tempted.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Hardy

Sorry, I've blundered in here by mistake. Don't mind me. Where's the door?

ONeill

Quote from: Hardy on January 17, 2011, 01:00:12 AM
Sorry, I've blundered in here by mistake. Don't mind me. Where's the door?

Lads, that's Hardy on the right.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

comethekingdom

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on January 18, 2011, 09:42:25 PM
One odd thing is that around the Spring/Summer of 2008 the price of petrol & diesel at the local pumps were the same as they are now, if not a little lower. Then the price of crude oil was $145 a barrel. Six months later the price plummeted to $30. At the moment the price is just under $100 a barrel which is still historically high, but how does that explain high fuel prices at a level when it was $145? The VAT increase in the north would be responsible for a 2p-3p increase but what makes up the rest of it? Surely inflation over such a short period of time isn't responsible for the rest.

I wonder if many diesel drivers have considered using used vegetable oil? It's legal in the UK for up to 2500 litres for your own use per year though I don't know anyone locally who does this. Would LPG be an answer?

Not on a diesel yoke

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 16, 2011, 10:49:10 PM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on January 16, 2011, 10:39:57 PM
Someone good at maths could work out how many times you would need to fill up on average to save the initial £500 fine.

My friend has been on it for years and we share lifts to work, it breaks my heart paying nearly double him for diesel.

Pure luck - ya could drive on it for years and never get caught but ya could start on it tommorrow and get dipped on Tuesday. Id say go for it. I cant now cos id say my fine would be 1k if i was caught now. Kero far handier for me

I have to say I think you're great craic with all your little scams. But just one thing, if you were caught with your diesel/kero mix would you not get a £1,000 fine anyway given that you were caught before.
Careful now