All-Ireland Scór competitions 2011

Started by seabee, January 15, 2011, 01:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAAsupporter

Quote from: limerickperson on April 05, 2011, 12:13:28 PM
Does any one have anu results from the connaught/leinster finals

The munster and ulster winners are loaded here alright

Who is going to Killarney on saturday

Came across these results on the Internet.

Connacht Scor Sinsear Champions
Rince Foirne: Glencar / Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim
Amhrániaocht Aonair: Aishling Sammon, Aughnasheelin, Co. Leitrim
Ceol Uirlise: Dromahair, Co. Leitrim
Aithriseoireacht: Michael Rock, Elphin, Co. Roscommon
Bailéad Ghrúpa: Mountbellew / Moylough, Co. Galway
Nuachleas: Seán O'Heslins, Ballinamore, Co. Leitrim
Tráth na gCeist: Claremorris, Co. Mayo
Rince Sean-nós: (Joint winners)
                Catherine Hanly, Strokestown, Co. Roscommon & Aoife Keane, Aghamore, Co. Mayo
Rince Seit: Glencar / Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim

Leinster Scor Sinsear Champions
Rince Foirne: Naomh Máirtín (Lú)
Amhránaíocht Aonair: Éilis Nic Lachlainn, Naomh Pádraig Ardach (An Longfort)
Ceol Uirlise: Cill Aichidh (Uíbh Fhailí)
Aithriseoireacht: PJ Ó Móráin, Domhnach Mór/Cill Dhéagláin (An Mhí)
Bailéad Ghrúpa: Móta Uile Bána (An Iarmhí)
Nuachleas: Eiméid Charn an Bhua (Cill Mhantáin)
Tráth na gCeist: Naomh Seosamh (An Iarmhí)
Rince Seit: Na Dúnta (An Iarmhí)

I will be attending on Saturday should be a good weekend!!     ;D  ;D
Are you heading yourself Limerickperson??
Just wondering whats the standard like in Munster??
Are ye well?

limerickperson

I am indeed .............

Munster was good Kerry and Limerick strongest in most competition

Kerry figure are very good dont know if they are as good as the Sap crowd from last year though

Kerry singer was also very good

Clare won the music and this was the "shock" result of the night

Limerick Ballad group are very good all one faqmily and they have won a few all irelands before in both junior and senior

Same club from Limerick won novelty and recitation both very deserving....they have gotten to the all ireland 8  or 9 times before but never manage to close the deal...maybe this could be there year

The Limerick set are excellent as well.....its been 14 years since limerick won a munster in set dancing but the domination by Kerry sets and particualr east  kerry sets over the  7/8 year period deffo seems to have ended.

I would say it will be a great all ireland.

Just one point to note and this is an unusual fact but

the 4 clubs in the set danicng have NEVER won an all ireland before thishasnt happend in a long long time

What have you seen / heard about the standard

GAAsupporter

Quote from: limerickperson on April 06, 2011, 10:24:08 AM
I am indeed .............

Munster was good Kerry and Limerick strongest in most competition

Kerry figure are very good dont know if they are as good as the Sap crowd from last year though

Kerry singer was also very good

Clare won the music and this was the "shock" result of the night

Limerick Ballad group are very good all one faqmily and they have won a few all irelands before in both junior and senior

Same club from Limerick won novelty and recitation both very deserving....they have gotten to the all ireland 8  or 9 times before but never manage to close the deal...maybe this could be there year

The Limerick set are excellent as well.....its been 14 years since limerick won a munster in set dancing but the domination by Kerry sets and particualr east  kerry sets over the  7/8 year period deffo seems to have ended.

I would say it will be a great all ireland.

Just one point to note and this is an unusual fact but

the 4 clubs in the set danicng have NEVER won an all ireland before thishasnt happend in a long long time

What have you seen / heard about the standard

Ulster as usual is of a high standard, similar to last years standard, although last year, we only won one title!!

Fermanaghs solo singer is class!  ;D   ;D 

Think the Armagh recitation is very very good, and wouldn't be surprised if she did well!! This is her second time here having performed in 2009 and therefore think she will put in her all.

Tyrone instrumental group are very good, and believe they could replicate Derrygonnelly's success of last year, but, as having seen the Leinster champions last year, they could be a force in this section, and Connacht also produce good groups! Believe this will be one of the best competitions.

Ballad Groups I think will be unreal, with numerous All Ireland Scor na nog and Scor Sinsear titles between them all, this would be the best competition and very hard to call, on paper.

As previously said I don't believe that the Monaghan novelty act was the best in Ulster, and the result was a hugh shock!!

Dancing is always good and both Ulsters acts are good. Emyvale having won ceili dancing two years ago will be hoping they can come out on top in sets this year, after winning their third Ulster in a fow this year!!

Also have noticed that the quiz teams have changed this year, the past few years seen the same tams each year.
Are ye well?

Square Ball

Just want to wish my clubmates all the best for the quiz final, and good luck to all the Ulster teams in the finals as well.

Bredagh Abu
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

limerickperson

as per above

Just to wish al the Limerick reps the very best tomorrow.....it has been a long time since Limerick have had this many reps in the all ireland.....here's hoping they can carry off a few more titles.

If I was to pick a favouriite it would have to be the Patrickswell set...........Scor stalwarts for years and very strong in their division.....It would be a well deserved all ireland for all their hard work and also Feenagh Kilmeedy.....they so deserve one as well.

But as they say "Thats Scór" and we all know anything can happen .

Enjoy the occasion everybody

cornafean

Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

GAAsupporter

Would just like to say Good Luck to all competitors tomorrow, i'm sure the standard will be amazing!!   ;D ;D

Although, Best of Luck to the Ulster champions, especially the Fermanagh and Tyrone competitors!!   

Lets hope some All Ireland titles will be coming home!!!     :) ;D

Are ye well?

KIDDO 4

Dromore were crowned instrumental  music winners today at  the All Ireland Scor finals today in Killarney , with  Killyclogher completing a super double winning the ballad group , what a supberb achievement.

GAAsupporter

All Ireland Scor Sinsear Champions 2011

Rince Foirne: Glencar / Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim
Amhrániaocht Aonair: Aishling Sammon, Aughnasheelin, Co. Leitrim
Ceol Uirlise: Dromore, Co. Tyrone    ;D  ;D
Aithriseoireacht: Niamh Devine, Co. Armagh   ;D  ;D
Bailéad Ghrúpa: Killyclogher, Co. Tyrone   ;D   ;D
Nuachleas: Carnew Emmetts, Co. Wicklow
Tráth na gCeist: Rathmore, Co. Kerry
Rince Seit: Patrickswell, Co. Limerick

What a competition!!!

Congrats to all winners!!!

Are ye well?

Mourne Rover

Incredibly hard luck for the Bredagh quiz team, who were joint first at the end of the normal competition, still level after the first sudden death play-off and eventually lost by a point in the second play-off stage to the Kerry representatives Rathmore. The standard was extremely high, so well done to the winners. One of the questions which helped to shape the result related to the Newstalk radio station, which is not available in the north, although in fairness it must be very difficult to pick subjects which are all truly national in nature.

limerickperson

Oh  my god what a fantastic All ireland Final...Mighty standard and a great atmosphere.

Had only 2 results wrong .......and that was Figure where I had Tyrone winners and Novelty act was very very strange.

That set from Limerick really got the crowd going didnt they.......and a worthy all ireland for "da well"

Luimneach abú

Overall a fantastic day the all ireland talent show on the tv doesnt even come close !!!

Mighty mighty altogether

Congrats to all

GAAsupporter

Quote from: limerickperson on April 10, 2011, 08:49:48 PM
Oh  my god what a fantastic All ireland Final...Mighty standard and a great atmosphere.

Had only 2 results wrong .......and that was Figure where I had Tyrone winners and Novelty act was very very strange.

That set from Limerick really got the crowd going didnt they.......and a worthy all ireland for "da well"

Luimneach abú

Overall a fantastic day the all ireland talent show on the tv doesnt even come close !!!

Mighty mighty altogether

Congrats to all

Was a brilliant day!!!

Congrats on the success of Limerick, the set dancers were amazing, they got the crowd going!!    ;D

Would have to agree about ceili dancing, but thought it was probably between Killyclogher and Leitrim.

Thought that solo singing was unreal, I don't know how they picked between Fermanagh and Leitrim, i'd say it was close, would have to say that Maria was outstanding and she represented her club, county and province with great distinction, let's hope she'll be back again for she deserves an All Ireland for her devotion to Scor, at both junior and senior levels!!!   ;D

Good to see Dromore winning, I knew as soon as they disposed of Derrygonnelly they weren't going to be stopped!! They had a session in the Gleneagle after, and then when they finished we had a session from Derrygonnelly and friends, it was one great night!!

Also to note Tyrone hold both instumental titles for Scor na nOg and Scor Sinsear this year!! Edendork and Dromore respectively.

Recitation and Ballad Groups had to be the strongest competitions of the night, all acts were very good!! But would have to say the two Ulster acts thoroughly deserved their victories.

I actually didn't know what to think about Novelty Acts, to be honest I didn't think they were of amazing standard, (sorry but I would be picky when it comes to this competition), I have definately in years before seen a better standard. A lot were based on the Celtic Tiger, and I haven't seen a better act on that concept than Mountbellow-Moylough Scor na nOg 2009, it was class.

Good to see Ulster back at the top of it's game taking home three titles for in the previous two years it has been slightly disappointing for Ulster, only winning one title each year.
Are ye well?

GAAsupporter

We have video's already!!!!!   ;D   ;D   ;D

Here are newly crowned ALL-IRELAND CHAMPIONS Dromore, Co. Tyrone!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4ODMPncTKc

Enjoy everyone!!!! They are absolutely brillant!!!!
Are ye well?

Fuzzman

Congrats to Dromore & Killyclogher.

We had the Killyclogher group down performing for us(wwwtad.ie) in Dublin last year and they were an excellent wee group.

limerickperson

I only caught the last  2 groups in the music section but I did think Tyrone were amazing !!!!

Also that girl from Armagh was so good at times you forgot you were at Scór she sucked you in so much

looking forward to getting the dvd