All-Ireland Scór competitions 2011

Started by seabee, January 15, 2011, 01:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

No I wasn't there.  I was at last weeks semi final where Down cleaned up.  Great venue.  I had heard Killyclogher Novelty Act was very good; they'll be very disappointed.   

gaa_phil

Quote from: GAAsupporter on March 13, 2011, 10:33:28 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on March 13, 2011, 08:47:26 AM
So who can count themselves unlucky? which sections were close?

Ballad Groups was an amazing category, and could have went any way but Killyclogher were very good.

Recitation was also very good, with three completely different recitations and I believed that any one of them deserved an Ulster title.

As for novelty acts, I believe that Killyclogher was very unlucky not to win, they were amazing and the novelty act was hilarious and very original!! As for the winners I have seen that novelty act numerous times before, and have seen it done better than what they did it.

These are only my opinions!

Were you at the final last night sportacus? What did you think?

Any word of the Connacht Final last night?

I personally thought that the most tightly contested section was without doubt the instrumental music. Both Tyrone and Down in particular were exceptional and the eventual winner (Tyrone) will emerge as an All Ireland champion. As for the Recitation, I believe there was a clear winner and that the girl from Armagh throughly deserved the win. Ballad group could've gone either way between Down and Tyrone again but the Novelty Act should've went to Tyrone hands down!

GAAsupporter

Quote from: gaa_phil on March 13, 2011, 03:31:23 PM
Quote from: GAAsupporter on March 13, 2011, 10:33:28 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on March 13, 2011, 08:47:26 AM
So who can count themselves unlucky? which sections were close?

Ballad Groups was an amazing category, and could have went any way but Killyclogher were very good.

Recitation was also very good, with three completely different recitations and I believed that any one of them deserved an Ulster title.

As for novelty acts, I believe that Killyclogher was very unlucky not to win, they were amazing and the novelty act was hilarious and very original!! As for the winners I have seen that novelty act numerous times before, and have seen it done better than what they did it.

These are only my opinions!

Were you at the final last night sportacus? What did you think?

Any word of the Connacht Final last night?

I personally thought that the most tightly contested section was without doubt the instrumental music. Both Tyrone and Down in particular were exceptional and the eventual winner (Tyrone) will emerge as an All Ireland champion. As for the Recitation, I believe there was a clear winner and that the girl from Armagh throughly deserved the win. Ballad group could've gone either way between Down and Tyrone again but the Novelty Act should've went to Tyrone hands down!

Instrumental Music was a very good section, though I did believe Dromore would have won, it was them who emerged over last years All Ireland Champions Derrygonnelly, therefore I did believe they would have won Ulster.

However, at the Ulster Semi Derrygonnelly were absolutely amazing and we couldn't have seen them being beaten although it happened. I also agree that Dromore will become All Ireland Champions they are brilliant.

The venue last night was amazing and I totally agree with the chairman of Ulster Scor that an All Ireland should be held there.
Are ye well?

Sportacus

Had Derrygonnely the same personnel as last year?

GAAsupporter

Quote from: Sportacus on March 13, 2011, 04:34:52 PM
Had Derrygonnely the same personnel as last year?

They had everyone except they had a different bodhran player as last years bodhran player is at university in London.

The majority of the hall were surprised that Dromore won and Derrygonnelly didn't. But Derrygonnelly played last years tunes which might have went against them but they are still fantastic musicians.

That doesn't take away from Dromore as they are brilliant and it was a pity that these two groups had to meet eachother in the Ulster Semi for it would have been amazing to see them both last night against eachother in the Ulster Final, as they are both of All Ireland standard. Last year they avoided eachother and met in the Final as Fermanagh were in the Semi with Monaghan and Cavan.
Are ye well?

downgirl

Quote from: GAAsupporter on March 13, 2011, 01:26:17 AM
Results from the Ulster Scor Sinsear Final are as follows;

Rince Foirne                St. Mary's Killyclogher, Co. Tyrone   ;D
Amhranaiocht Aonair    Maria Connelly, Newtownbutler, Co. Fermanagh   ;D   :)
Ceol Uirlise                  Dromore, Co. Tyrone    ;D
Aithriseoireacht           Niamh Devine, Carrickcruppin, Co. Armagh
Bailead Ghrupa            St. Mary's, Killyclogher, Co. Tyrone    ;D
Nuachleas                   Sean Mac Diarmada, Co. Monaghan
Rince Seit                   Emyvale, Co. Monaghan
Trath na gCeist           Breadagh, Co. Down

What an amazing night with exceptional talent on show, with all competitions very hard to predict a winner!!!

However, there were some very strange decisions made on the night!!!

Isn't that always the way with scór!!  Disappointed that Saul didn't get through in ballad group and recitation  :'(

Malvinas

What were the questions like in the quiz?
"It was a bit of handbags stuff. I suppose the cameras caught it?"

Big Puff

Quote from: Malvinas on March 13, 2011, 06:45:02 PM
What were the questions like in the quiz?

who was the first irish man on the moon?

what year did the irish passports turn purple?

if its 18 miles from donaghadee to bangor, how far is it from bangor to donaghadee?

limerickperson

Munster final in Templemore next Saturday night ...is anyone going ?

Joxer

Quote from: Sportacus on March 13, 2011, 12:16:35 PM
No I wasn't there.  I was at last weeks semi final where Down cleaned up.  Great venue.  I had heard Killyclogher Novelty Act was very good; they'll be very disappointed.   

Where was the venue for the final?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Joxer on March 14, 2011, 11:27:03 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on March 13, 2011, 12:16:35 PM

Where was the venue for the final?

The Abbey in Newry.

Congratulations to Niamh Devine from Armagh in the recitation. We've a girl who is excellent at the recitations from our own club but the standard Niamh sets is so high that she'll always be difficult to beat. Congratulations to all the winners. I'll try to convince myself that I was in the second best Novelty act in Ulster!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

limerickperson

Munster Senior Scór winners 2011

RINCE FOIRNE.
GLENFLESK KERRY

SOLO SINGING
FOILMORE KERRY

INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC
LISSEYCASEY CLARE

RECITATION
FEENAGH KILMEEDY LIMERICK

BALLAD GROUP
PALSGREAN LIMERICK

NOVELTY ACT
FEENAGH KILMEEDY LIMERICK

QUESTION TIME
RATHMORE KERRY

SET DANCING
PATRICKSWELL LIMERICK

LIMERICK 4

KERRY 3

CLARE 1

Joxer

Is the Scor Sinsear final in Killarny this year?

What date is it could anyone tell me?

GAAsupporter

Quote from: Joxer on March 24, 2011, 04:26:13 PM
Is the Scor Sinsear final in Killarny this year?

What date is it could anyone tell me?

Yeah the final is in INEC Killarney again this year.

It is on the 9th April!!!
Are ye well?

limerickperson

Does any one have anu results from the connaught/leinster finals

The munster and ulster winners are loaded here alright

Who is going to Killarney on saturday