Nolan Show

Started by Ulick, January 14, 2011, 10:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Was Alison Morris not a regular when she worked for the Irish News?

marty34

The issue I have with The Irish News is that they platform people like Jamie Bryson regularly.

To give people like him a platform is a joke.

Hence I don't buy or read it any more. 

Saffrongael

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 15, 2023, 10:10:36 AM

Yeah she was
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Snapchap

Quote from: Saffrongael on August 15, 2023, 10:17:28 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 15, 2023, 10:10:36 AM

Yeah she was

And who's been the regular from the Irish News in the last few years?

weareros

The behaviour by Nolan would get you fired in any respectable organisation that takes employee ethics seriously. BBCNI must be some cesspit to ignore that.

yellowcard

Jamie seems to be taking it very bad vaguely threatening some form of retaliation against the Irish News for reporting on his big mate. Or maybe he is just touting himself to offer his legal services to Nolan. Nobody should be surprised by any of these revelations.   

NAG1

Quote from: yellowcard on August 15, 2023, 11:55:32 AM
Jamie seems to be taking it very bad vaguely threatening some form of retaliation against the Irish News for reporting on his big mate. Or maybe he is just touting himself to offer his legal services to Nolan. Nobody should be surprised by any of these revelations.

Not sure there was anything too vague in the threats, he basically outlined them from what I saw this morning.
He should probably rethink this one, I'm not sure he really wants someone doing proper investigative journalism into him personally. But I suppose if Nolan goes, who else will give him a platform.

imtommygunn

Hopefully it could be the end of Nolan and consequently Bryson. That joke is long over. I would have my doubts though.

Also Nolan has plenty of money for a proper legal team.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 15, 2023, 12:21:06 PM
Hopefully it could be the end of Nolan and consequently Bryson. That joke is long over. I would have my doubts though.

Also Nolan has plenty of money for a proper legal team.

Would he not just say it was for research purposes, but in hindsight it was inappropriate and I'm sorry if this caused offence?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

He'll get out of it somehow I suspect.

Saffrongael

When I first saw it I thought he was sending images of himself, which would have finished him

This will be put down to "playful banter"
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

armaghniac

Quote from: Saffrongael on August 15, 2023, 12:33:04 PM
When I first saw it I thought he was sending images of himself, which would have finished him

He tried, but the size of the attachment was too big.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

Quote from: Snapchap on August 15, 2023, 08:29:31 AM
The Irish News has really been going after Nolan for a while now and they've landed a big story today.

https://twitter.com/irish_news/status/1691315832750542848?t=yZmYr6LniwWJQoUuT073Cw&s=19

On a side note, the Irish News have been going after him for a while and is it any wonder? It is the biggest selling newspaper in the north but obviously because it is a nationalist one, is not invited on to the show at all (I posted the stats a page or two back). The most regular appearance by any newspaper columnist is Ben Lowry, editor of the Newsletter - a hard-core unionist/loyalist rag with a daily readership of less than a third that of the Irish News, followed by Alison Morris, security correspondent at the leading unionist newspaper (Belfast Telegraph).

Looks like Nolan is learning what should have been an obvious lesson: if you want to go out of your way to exclude/make an enemy of a newspaper, be sure you have no skeletons in the closet.
I've been wondering for a while what the Irish News was playing at, Nolan's financial affairs seemed like a big pile of so what to me.

Itchy

Reading that article it sounds like a lot of banter and maybe its in bad taste and shouldnt be in the workplace but I dont think its the big story the Irish News thinks it is. And I cant stand  the guy.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Itchy on August 15, 2023, 01:46:25 PM
Reading that article it sounds like a lot of banter and maybe its in bad taste and shouldnt be in the workplace but I dont think its the big story the Irish News thinks it is. And I cant stand  the guy.

I thought the same myself, as I said above, if it's photos of himself, totally different