Michaela - The Aftermath (Please exercise discretion)

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, January 12, 2011, 03:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this thread be

7 (9.2%)
Deleted
23 (30.3%)
Left as is
46 (60.5%)

Total Members Voted: 76

gallsman

Quote from: ONeill on January 14, 2011, 08:23:10 PM
Did you see the wife of one of the suspects on? She (as she would) claimed there's no way her husband could have done such a thing. His mother seemed more resigned.

I read that the 29 year old had a new wife as well. Unfortunately she too is a victim and, if he's found guilty, she must face the rest of her life knowing her husband was a murderer.

mylestheslasher

I have nothing to say on this thread except I think it should be deleted or at least moved off the site until Michaela is buried and her family have had a chance to grieve. The GAA is a close knit and relatively small community and I'd hate to think family members of Michaela would be looking in here to see some of the childish rubbish been written here.

new devil

I agree...it really shows the mentality of some people when they come onto a thread like this to wind people up/cheap point scoring...Please close it down mods

Doogie Browser

But you will inevitably move it to the tribute thread. Is it foolish and naïve to trust people on here to be respectful in their discussion of something that is dominating news and daily conversation.

sammymaguire

I understand the reasons for discussing this stuff but... Wrong time lads and it won't bring her back
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ONeill

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 14, 2011, 09:38:15 PM
I understand the reasons for discussing this stuff but... Wrong time lads and it won't bring her back

Oh ffs.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Doogie Browser

Right enough sammy, engage your brain before piping up.

muppet

Quote from: new devil on January 14, 2011, 09:29:51 PM
I agree...it really shows the mentality of some people when they come onto a thread like this to wind people up/cheap point scoring...Please close it down mods

To be fair the vast majority of posts on this thread are well intentioned and we are probably a bit over-sensitive to the odd ott comment.

I thought setting it up was actually a good idea to keep the inevitable (this is the internet) speculation off the tributes thread.
MWWSI 2017

sammymaguire

Quote from: ONeill on January 14, 2011, 09:55:09 PM

Oh ffs.

Has court opened for business on this one yet?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ONeill

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 14, 2011, 10:44:00 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 14, 2011, 09:55:09 PM

Oh ffs.

Has court opened for business on this one yet?

Just saying, quit with the Sun hyperbole.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

give her dixie

Folks, I think this thread and conversation should be left for another day.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Fear ón Srath Bán

Folks, we have to be very mindful of what we're committing to print here.

There's no point in locking or deleting the thread (as the poll consensus would indicate), since a replacement will inevitably spring up, and we're right back into the very same dilemma: it's an inescapable topic of conversation and thought, and and such it will irresistibly find cyber-outlets.

I will lock or delete it, however, should contributions overstep the mark.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Milltown Row2

Not too many have over stepped the mark to be fair. No one has made any conversation/contributions that were making ill of the dead or family. 

The thread title is about the impending case, should you change the title?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

give her dixie

Folks, I know this is and will continue to be a multiple page discussion, and I for one have no problem with that.
For now, can it be left alone until after Michaela's funeral on Monday?

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: give her dixie on January 15, 2011, 12:07:12 AM
Folks, I know this is and will continue to be a multiple page discussion, and I for one have no problem with that.
For now, can it be left alone until after Michaela's funeral on Monday?

Fear, I think in this instance the thread should be locked as per GHD's wishes. Thanks.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone