mc ginn and lennon

Started by bloodybreakball, January 10, 2011, 12:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banana Man

EG I do not have time to go through your idiotic ramblings but i will spell it out for you, loyalist = unionist, i.e. loyal to the union with GB, therefore also loyal to the NI soccer team aka owc. The majority of these fams support rangers football club. Iis from this demographic grouping that the bullets to 3 Irish Celtic players came from. In short scumbags. Case closed.

Evil Genius

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 12, 2011, 01:43:23 PMwhatever about the rest of your argument - I can see that you and others hold different perspectives on it, I have to say that mcginn and mccourt are not exactly regulars on the ni soccer starting XI.
See my reply to Banana Brain, above (#44)

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 12, 2011, 01:43:23 PMAs well as that you ask about why ni fans would have a go at their own ...well they have been doing it since the days of Johnny Crossan (and before most likely - late 60's) and Johnny wasnt a Celtic player.
It is 43 years since Crossan (72) last played football (his final cap for NI was as Captain, btw).

Are you saying that nothing has changed since then? For if you are, you might find your opinion being challenged by this individual:
"When I look at Windsor Park now it seems a real fun place with a brilliant atmosphere. The IFA has worked really hard at taking the sectarianism out completely" - Neil Lennon, 25/10/06
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/6085396.stm

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 12, 2011, 01:43:23 PMFinally, you cant really claim that the ni soccer team derives fans from both sides, there may be a few Irish/catholics/nationalists etc - but jeez this can hardly be more than a handful??
though maybe based on the overall amount of numbers this may be a significant percentage (not taking the p**s)
See again my reply (above)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: Banana Man on January 12, 2011, 04:34:37 PMEG I do not have time to go through your idiotic ramblings but i will spell it out for you, loyalist = unionist, i.e. loyal to the union with GB, therefore also loyal to the NI soccer team aka owc. The majority of these fams support rangers football club. Iis from this demographic grouping that the bullets to 3 Irish Celtic players came from. In short scumbags. Case closed.
When you revert to this sort of "reasoning", I almost* feel embarrassed for you.

Case closed indeed.  ::)

* - The "almost" is critical, mind you...
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

lynchbhoy

hmmm
'intent' /'working at it' (or seeming to do so ) and actually being successful are very different things...
I'd agree that it is not as bad as the days of Johnny Crossan ....but its still a hell of a long way short and if you think thats not true, then i'm afraid yer kidding yourself !

btw, its not that long ago in terms of international soccer that I was checking out if McCourt of McGinn were playing for the north of Ireland ...they weren't - I recall at the time it was said that it was because they were not playing regularly for their clubs (and imo correct not to be picked in this event).
They are only now getting picked a bit more (though rarely the two at any one time) so I cant see how they are now all of a sudden in the space of a year approx (I think) 'regulars' for the north of Ireland !
surely thats a distinction after a good few games played and picked, not just the last two !!!

Banana Man

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 12, 2011, 04:50:06 PM
Quote from: Banana Man on January 12, 2011, 04:34:37 PMEG I do not have time to go through your idiotic ramblings but i will spell it out for you, loyalist = unionist, i.e. loyal to the union with GB, therefore also loyal to the NI soccer team aka owc. The majority of these fams support rangers football club. Iis from this demographic grouping that the bullets to 3 Irish Celtic players came from. In short scumbags. Case closed.
When you revert to this sort of "reasoning", I almost* feel embarrassed for you.

Case closed indeed.  ::)

* - The "almost" is critical, mind you...

The fact is it's my perspective onthe situation based on solid assumptions, which i have stated all along, I never once put it down as hard factual evidence. That's my opnion on what i have witnessed and it is pretty sound 'reasoning' to derive the conclusions that i have drawn.

The fact that that was the best you could reply further reinforces my claims as you could not take issue with what i have stated.

Case now locked away

Jim_Murphy_74

Firstly, whoever went to the trouble of posting bullets,  it is a despicable act.

Secondly it may well have been NI "fans" but can someone clarify exactly what they mean about fans: I see beer-swilling yobs with Chelsea shirts in pubs in Dublin of a Sunday who wouldn't name 10 players in the club.  If one of these boyos posted a bullet to a player of a London rival, then no one here would try and depict it as representative of all Chelsea fans.

It is pathetic to watch the efforts of some here to take this appalling act and try and make it out to be reflective of all  Northern Ireland fans.  I see people do similar with regard to the GAA and it annoys the shíte out of me.

It's hardly a surprise that most Northern Ireland fan's are unionists, no more than it is hardly a surprise that most GAA fans are nationalists.   But in both cases I suspect these are accidents of history and social development of Northern Ireland than rampant bigotry among fans of either............

I've read some bigotted, misrepresentative posts about the GAA over on OWC in my time but there are a few posts here that are but a mirror image of them.

/Jim.

Evil Genius

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 12, 2011, 04:50:31 PM
hmmm
'intent' /'working at it' (or seeming to do so ) and actually being successful are very different things...
I'd agree that it is not as bad as the days of Johnny Crossan ....but its still a hell of a long way short and if you think thats not true, then i'm afraid yer kidding yourself !
If that's what you insist on believing, then there is probably nothing I can say to make you change your mind.
Nor, I suspect, can this guy:
"Anytime I have come on at Windsor Park I have enjoyed it and the fans have been great as well. I just love playing at Windsor Park and I just have to make the most of any opportunity that I might get." - Niall McGinn, October 2010.
Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/niall-mcginn-desperate-to-play-part-in-northern-irelands-doubleheader-14969688.html#ixzz1Ad4IDVm7

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 12, 2011, 04:50:31 PMbtw, its not that long ago in terms of international soccer that I was checking out if McCourt of McGinn were playing for the north of Ireland ...they weren't - I recall at the time it was said that it was because they were not playing regularly for their clubs (and imo correct not to be picked in this event).
They are only now getting picked a bit more (though rarely the two at any one time) so I cant see how they are now all of a sudden in the space of a year approx (I think) 'regulars' for the north of Ireland !
surely thats a distinction after a good few games played and picked, not just the last two !!!
NW gave Niall his full debut in Nov.2008, when he was at Derry C. Since then he has accumulated 10 caps, a number of them when he wasn't even getting into the Celtic team. Anyhow I've not checked, but NI can only have played around 15 games in that period, and I know Niall missed at least 3 due to his recent long injury.
Believe me, he is a "nailed-down" starter under NW (when fit).

As for Paddy, he has pulled out of (I think) 3 of his last 4 or 5 NI call-ups, through injury and fitness problems. During this period, NW has frequently said that he needs to prove his fitness on a regular basis for Celtic before he can expect to start regularly for NI. Until this season he has not done so, but as you will know, he has appeared rather more frequently for Celtic this season.

Which will have been why NW picked hi  to start in NI's last game (v Morocco in November), where he was chosen to play in a central midfield ("No.10") role. He was excellent in this position, too, before he had to go off at half-time, injured.

Anyhow, many of the NI fans have criticised NW for not picking Paddy sooner/more often, which gives some idea what they think of "The Derry Pele".

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on January 12, 2011, 05:09:46 PM
Firstly, whoever went to the trouble of posting bullets,  it is a despicable act.

Secondly it may well have been NI "fans" but can someone clarify exactly what they mean about fans: I see beer-swilling yobs with Chelsea shirts in pubs in Dublin of a Sunday who wouldn't name 10 players in the club.  If one of these boyos posted a bullet to a player of a London rival, then no one here would try and depict it as representative of all Chelsea fans.

It is pathetic to watch the efforts of some here to take this appalling act and try and make it out to be reflective of all  Northern Ireland fans.  I see people do similar with regard to the GAA and it annoys the shíte out of me.

It's hardly a surprise that most Northern Ireland fan's are unionists, no more than it is hardly a surprise that most GAA fans are nationalists.   But in both cases I suspect these are accidents of history and social development of Northern Ireland than rampant bigotry among fans of either............

I've read some bigotted, misrepresentative posts about the GAA over on OWC in my time but there are a few posts here that are but a mirror image of them.

/Jim.
Best post of the thread (imo) - and from a Free State Fenian at that!  ;)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 12, 2011, 05:12:44 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 12, 2011, 04:50:31 PM
hmmm
If that's what you insist on believing, then there is probably nothing I can say to make you change your mind.
Nor, I suspect, can this guy:
"Anytime I have come on at Windsor Park I have enjoyed it and the fans have been great as well. I just love playing at Windsor Park and I just have to make the most of any opportunity that I might get." - Niall McGinn, October 2010.
Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/niall-mcginn-desperate-to-play-part-in-northern-irelands-doubleheader-14969688.html#ixzz1Ad4IDVm7

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 12, 2011, 04:50:31 PMbtw, its not that long ago in terms of international soccer that I was checking out if McCourt of McGinn were playing for the north of Ireland ...they weren't - I recall at the time it was said that it was because they were not playing regularly for their clubs (and imo correct not to be picked in this event).
NW gave Niall his full debut in Nov.2008, when he was at Derry C. Since then he has accumulated 10 caps, a number of them when he wasn't even getting into the Celtic team. Anyhow I've not checked, but NI can only have played around 15 games in that period, and I know Niall missed at least 3 due to his recent long injury.
Believe me, he is a "nailed-down" starter under NW (when fit).

As for Paddy, he has pulled out of (I think) 3 of his last 4 or 5 NI call-ups, through injury and fitness problems. During this period, NW has frequently said that he needs to prove his fitness on a regular basis for Celtic before he can expect to start regularly for NI. Until this season he has not done so, but as you will know, he has appeared rather more frequently for Celtic this season.

Which will have been why NW picked hi  to start in NI's last game (v Morocco in November), where he was chosen to play in a central midfield ("No.10") role. He was excellent in this position, too, before he had to go off at half-time, injured.

Anyhow, many of the NI fans have criticised NW for not picking Paddy sooner/more often, which gives some idea what they think of "The Derry Pele".
feck sake - you dont accept what ordinary folk say about not going to windsor park or supporting your crew..
not that I doubt niall mcginn, but what else would he say when interviewed unless he wanted to hear boos and set up his own arms dump from pressies he'd then receive!

dont know what your supporters think of McCourt, no roblem there-  but suspect it might have something to do with the lack of decent players on the squad.
he's got his game the past couple of weeks, and has come on as a sub quite often. Cant see that as being as regular enough but certainly better than last season. Seems tobe working harder and fitter too.
McGinn I will admit I was wrong on. This time last year i'd have given him away but he proved me and many more wrong with some wonderful displays at the end of autumn ...though lennon strangely dropped him and he hasnt really been fully back or as good since. if that stays the same, i I were him i'd be away.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 12, 2011, 05:35:47 PM
not that I doubt niall mcginn, but what else would he say when interviewed unless he wanted to hear boos and set up his own arms dump from pressies he'd then receive!

On the balance of probabilities I think McGinn was being truthful.. He didn't have to declare for Northern Ireland, no one those.  FIFA (twice) and CAS have shown that.  Anyone from Northern Ireland can declare for the FAI crowd and the path is well trodden.  So when a nationalist like McGinn/McCourt opts to play for Northern Ireland, it's fair to say they are self-motivated to do so.

/Jim.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on January 12, 2011, 05:44:30 PM
On the balance of probabilities I think McGinn was being truthful.. He didn't have to declare for Northern Ireland, no one those.  FIFA (twice) and CAS have shown that.  Anyone from Northern Ireland can declare for the FAI crowd and the path is well trodden.  So when a nationalist like McGinn/McCourt opts to play for Northern Ireland, it's fair to say they are self-motivated to do so.
/Jim.
would agree with that, but the underlying motivation is undoubtedly to put themselves in the 'shop window'.
it would have been extremely unlikely they would have been selected by Ireland.

Either way, mcginns comments are from a player perspective and I'd say are not reflective of perception of most nationalists/Irish/catholics etc on what following the north is all about - most would not countenance it as things have not changed as evil myles would like to think. Maybe in time they will, but its a hell of a long way off and i'd say the unified Ireland team will come before that !

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 12, 2011, 08:20:18 PM
/Jim.
would agree with that, but the underlying motivation is undoubtedly to put themselves in the 'shop window'.
it would have been extremely unlikely they would have been selected by the Republic of Ireland.

Either way, mcginns comments are from a player perspective and I'd say are not reflective of perception of most nationalists/Irish/catholics etc on what following the north is all about - most would not countenance it as things have not changed as evil myles would like to think. Maybe in time they will, but its a hell of a long way off and i'd say the unified Ireland team will come before that !
Sorted that for you.  ;)

MW

Quote from: Banana Man on January 12, 2011, 04:34:37 PM
EG I do not have time to go through your idiotic ramblings but i will spell it out for you, loyalist = unionist, i.e. loyal to the union with GB, therefore also loyal to the NI soccer team aka owc. The majority of these fams support rangers football club. Iis from this demographic grouping that the bullets to 3 Irish Celtic players came from. In short scumbags. Case closed.

Nurse,  I think you missed this one's medication.

MW

Quote from: Orior on January 10, 2011, 09:23:39 PM
There is an article in today's Belfast Telegraph about Lennon which clearly shows that the campaign again Neill was more than a couple of blokes with 10 pence pieces.

The paper lists many examples from the six counties, Scotland and even Norway when the entire set of OWC fans booed him. Others include effigies on bonfires, hangman painted on walls, being driven off the road and insults to girlfriends.

Maybe Evil Genius can can explain how a small number of bad apples can get around so much?

That would be garbage.

Wouldn't it be a bit of a mystery why he wasn't booed at the following home match against the Czech Republic?

Anyway, onto the substance of this story - a disgraceful action by a lowlife sc**bag or scumbags. Hopefully they'll be caught and jailed.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 12, 2011, 10:10:13 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 12, 2011, 08:20:18 PM
/Jim.
it would have been extremely unlikely they would have been selected by the Republic of Ireland.

Sorted that for you.  ;)
that mask must be somewhere around your ankles by now !!!