US Congresswoman and some of her staff shot

Started by muppet, January 08, 2011, 06:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

That Palin website is frightening. And to think that she is being touted as the next Republican candidate.

Interesting to see the chaos over the reporting of the facts. Saw the press conference on Sky News with a surgeon from the hospital where Ms Giffords is recovering. He confirmed she was alive but that a young girl was dead. The next six questions were about Giffords. Not one about the young girl. I know the Congresswoman is the big story but still . . .
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

magpie seanie

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on January 08, 2011, 09:53:39 PM
That Palin website is frightening. And to think that she is being touted as the next Republican candidate.
Interesting to see the chaos over the reporting of the facts. Saw the press conference on Sky News with a surgeon from the hospital where Ms Giffords is recovering. He confirmed she was alive but that a young girl was dead. The next six questions were about Giffords. Not one about the young girl. I know the Congresswoman is the big story but still . . .

I wonder how she feels after authorising an ad like that, with a crosshair directed at Giffords?

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 08, 2011, 09:57:12 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on January 08, 2011, 09:53:39 PM

I wonder how she feels after authorising an ad like that, with a crosshair directed at Giffords?

Hopefully shamed enough to retire. Five dead now including a nine year old girl and a federal judge. Hopsital 'optimistic' Giffords will recover.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Minder on January 08, 2011, 10:09:23 PM
Do they have the death penalty in Arizona?

Yes, and it is enforced if I recall correctly.

Puckoon

Sad day with so much wanton death and destruction. A 9 year old girl for Christ's sake.

The gun will never be out of America. It's as inconceivable as an America without cheeseburgers.
No sense in even talking about that as an ideal anymore.

AZOffaly

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on January 08, 2011, 10:14:21 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 08, 2011, 10:09:23 PM
Do they have the death penalty in Arizona?

Yes, and it is enforced if I recall correctly.

It is enforced. The most recent was there in November. azcentral.com has more detail on this sad story.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

He clearly has mental problems. I wouldn't be so quick to rush for the death penalty.

Puckoon

I hear what you're saying but the murder of the 9 year old makes it hard not to agree with a death sentence.

Maguire01

9 year old or an innocent 30 year old, what's the difference, other than the fact that there's a bigger emotional reaction to the death of the 9 year old? And we shouldn't really be making decisions based on emotion.

Ironically, it would be Palin's supporters who would be backing any calls for a death penalty.

Puckoon

No denying that it is an emotional reaction on my part.

There will always be an emotional heirarchy of murder victims based on age - child killers are the most loathed criminals on the planet for a reason.

muppet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12145117

Profile of the suspect above. Seems more like a nut that should never been allowed near a gun rather than an extremist Republican. He probably would have shot any of them regardless of their ideology.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

I have my doubts about the death penalty TBH to prove killing/murder is wrong you kill him... is that the right way to go?

The hardest most extreme prison for life is what is needed.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open