Is the World ending?

Started by nrico2006, January 04, 2011, 10:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

In different parts of the world over the past few weeks the weather has gone wild, from the floods in California and Australia, the snow and big freeze in the UK and the Blizzard that has hit America's East Coast.  On top of this we now have Earthquakes in England, on top of the recent disasters in Pakistan and Haiti, so are all these events signs that Roland Emmerich's most recently released movie might not be that far off the mark?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

rrhf

Orior

My new car has climate control, so I'm all right.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

mc_grens

Well timed NASA, well timed.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a295697/2012-named-most-absurd-sci-fi-ever.html

As for all of the people who've been saying "just shows you, all that global warming stuff was a load of shite", scientists/ environmentalists stopped talking about "global warming" and started talking about "climate change" years ago!

thejuice

Put it in your calendars lads. May 21st, the final whistle is supposed to be blown by the big ref in the sky.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/03/judgement-day-will-may-21-2011-be-the-end-of-the-world/

Should make the national leagues a bit more interesting. This time its for keeps!!!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Billys Boots

Quote from: Orior on January 04, 2011, 10:48:05 AM
My new car has climate control, so I'm all right.

New car? Public servant?  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Orior

Oh lorddie no, private sector. My previous motor was 10 year old, and falling apart. My "new" one was six month old, and with climate control I can make eskimo and zulu passengers comfortable at the same time.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Just Puck It

Quoteit's worth noting that this isn't the first time that Camping has predicted the end of the world.
He originally used his mathematical system to predict Sept. 6, 1994 as Judgement Day.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/03/judgement-day-will-may-21-2011-be-the-end-of-the-world/#ixzz1A4PR7Xex

Somehow that doesn't suggest great reliability! May 21st, I think I might barbeque?  Steaks anyone?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: thejuice on January 04, 2011, 11:03:19 AM
Put it in your calendars lads. May 21st, the final whistle is supposed to be blown by the big ref in the sky.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/03/judgement-day-will-may-21-2011-be-the-end-of-the-world/

Should make the national leagues a bit more interesting. This time its for keeps!!!

I love these "mathematical based" prophecies based in the bibles. Who would of thought the 4 bible writers were actually mathematical geniuses. Then I was wondering maybe when the early church started ripping bits out of the bible and changing bits around that they could have upset the formuales. I'm heading for the bunker in the garden until this all blows over.

ziggysego

Yes. Kindly vacate the planet please. Look at the state you left the place in. You're not getting your deposit back.
Testing Accessibility

magpie seanie

So May 21st in the General Election date. That must be a Fianna Fáil news link.

balladmaker

Climate is cyclic in nature so what is happening now is just normal in the overall scheme of things when looked at over a period of 100 years or more.

As for the doomsday fanatics, they will get their wish some day if still around, because we are guaranteed by the laws of probability that there is a large rock or comet somewhere out there that is destined for planet Earth.  It may take a few hundred million years to get here, it may take it a week, who knows, but it is coming ... Happy Tuesday!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: balladmaker on January 04, 2011, 02:24:47 PM
Climate is cyclic in nature so what is happening now is just normal in the overall scheme of things when looked at over a period of 100 years or more.

Got a source for that?

lawnseed

got sky movies over the holidays there only seem to be 2 types of show on disaster movies and dumbass american comedies. in most cases its meteors or huge floods or both. must check gummtree and see if theres any second hand arks for sale. well as a last resort the aliens might save me.. but they're hoors for the probing :o
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Gabriel_Hurl

There's all these birds and fish dying in the US as well