Mickey Harte quizzed by PSNI after accusations of physical abuse at school?

Started by downandboogie, January 02, 2011, 06:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: lawnseed on January 08, 2011, 12:00:56 PM
the thing about bullying or beating kids at school is that they tend to remember it more than the actual teaching you did. i know one teacher in armagh who gave kids alot of abuse when he was in his prime, he cant even go to the shop now without someone calling him for all he's worth and he definately couldnt go to a match he'd be killed. strapping children wasnt ok in the pre 87 era it was assualt. i noticed also that country lads always got more than townies especially if their parents were the 'teacher knows best type'. the lads with fathers in the kesh always got the shit kicked out of them by the stoop teachers as invariably they all were horrible stoop b**tards. if harte did this i hope somebody gives him a good slap

80s Provo talk !

Get into the 21st Century  FFS
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on January 08, 2011, 01:51:16 PM
what a load of shite - back in the day, teachers give kids a bit of a slap, if they needed it. There is no barometer for this in todays society - simply because its against the law to hit children. Whether thats right or not is irrelevant. We live in a f**king nanny state - it is what it is.

I hear gaelic football is some craic...discuss...
Plenty got it when they didn't need it and plenty of dickhead teachers went way overboard too.

What do you mean we live in a "f**king nanny state"? What's that got to do with what we're on about?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

NaomhBridAbú

plenty dont get it now when they need it...nanny state = left wing liberal, do-gooding bullshit...i got some hidings in my time from real twats of teachers. I havnt trie to bring any of them to the papers, because in part i deserved it, and if i didnt - simple it was what it was. I was something of its time - doesnt make it right doesnt make it wrong...it just is what it is, adn hardly worthy of front page on a secoind rate newspaper...or any more of my f**king ti
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

NaomhBridAbú

BTW, my spelling is so shite because i didnt get twatted enough by my teacher
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Jinxy

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on January 08, 2011, 03:26:38 PM
BTW, my spelling is so shite because i didnt get twatted enough by my teacher

Either that or you got twatted too much.
It's a fine line.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gaffer on January 08, 2011, 02:03:48 PM
the thing about bullying or beating kids at school is that they tend to remember it more than the actual teaching you did. i know one teacher in armagh who gave kids alot of abuse when he was in his prime, he cant even go to the shop now without someone calling him for all he's worth and he definately couldnt go to a match he'd be killed. strapping children wasnt ok in the pre 87 era it was assualt. i noticed also that country lads always got more than townies especially if their parents were the 'teacher knows best type'. the lads with fathers in the kesh always got the shit kicked out of them by the stoop teachers as invariably they all were horrible stoop b**tards. if harte did this i hope somebody gives him a good slap

80s Provo talk !

Lawnseed are you for real?? what age are you? you need a good slap for some of the shite you post
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haranguerer

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 07, 2011, 02:07:42 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on January 07, 2011, 01:22:09 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on January 07, 2011, 12:58:15 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 04, 2011, 08:52:38 PM
Mr Anti Gaa Dublinfella won't be impressed with you. It will be harder for him now to try and discredit a top gaa personality.

My arse. All I am saying is was if this was the Dungannon Swifts manager, the reaction would be very different on here.

Dublinfella is right in everything he has said. Very few on here can come on and state with surety the claims are a load of shite, no matter the character of the accuser. Most of those who are saying this are blinded by their opinions on the alleged perpetrator, which is very similar to the rape case in Kerry where locals let their personal judgements rule over the facts, and which had just about everyone on here up in arms. Btw, because no doubt someone will try to misinterpret, I know the perpetrator was found guilty in Kerry and Harte hasn't a case to answer (yet, and at all I hope), I'm just making the point that the emotions and logic are the same.

Personally, I doubt the accusations are true, and hope fervently they're not, for I've a lot of respect for Mickey Harte.
No He's not. As I said before he's trying to claim that people are speaking out for Mickey Harte because he's Tyrone manager and a GAA man. I've pointed out that most people would view someone as innocent until there's proof otherwise which would be the reason for any defence of MH on my part.

C'mon. They are like...

Of course we should view everyone as innocent til guilty, and thats a good reason for defending him in itself, but thats not usually the way it works unfortunately, if it was someone else the attitude could well be 'no smoke without fire'

Milltown Row2

And if you were constantly picked on and physically abused by a teacher/CB while at school then you certainly have a case.

Surely though there are thousands of kids that have been taught by Mickey and this would have came to light a lot sooner (Sept 2003)

But if your were a "Halion" and were a constant menace then you got corporal punishment.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

watching "Song for a Raggy Boy" very topical  ;)

That film would break your heart, mind seeing it years ago but watched it again tonight.

What da fcuk were people thinking about in those days!!! Mainly the Goverment, Church and the other Fookers who turned a blind eye to the going ons.

ck

Quote from: dublinfella on January 04, 2011, 02:35:00 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 04, 2011, 02:24:20 PM

I don't like accusing people of such a horrible and dispicable crime, until the facts are in. Whether that be Mickey Harte, Priest or anyone else for that matter. It's a horrible thing to be labelled, if untrue.

Agreed. But one fact we know is that he was interviewed by the peelers about it. That in itself, like it or not, is newsworthy.

If the ONLY reason you believe him to be innocent is that he is the Tyrone manager, you need to sit down and have a little think to yourself. That is all.

Dublinfella I think you raise a fair point but I think the general view on here is NOT is he innocent or guilty, it's more who cares if he is or not, it's hardly crime of the century to receive front page headlines. And why does it take a man 32 years to raise it?

muppet

Quote from: ck on January 09, 2011, 12:38:59 AM
Quote from: dublinfella on January 04, 2011, 02:35:00 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 04, 2011, 02:24:20 PM

I don't like accusing people of such a horrible and dispicable crime, until the facts are in. Whether that be Mickey Harte, Priest or anyone else for that matter. It's a horrible thing to be labelled, if untrue.

Agreed. But one fact we know is that he was interviewed by the peelers about it. That in itself, like it or not, is newsworthy.

If the ONLY reason you believe him to be innocent is that he is the Tyrone manager, you need to sit down and have a little think to yourself. That is all.

Dublinfella I think you raise a fair point but I think the general view on here is NOT is he innocent or guilty, it's more who cares if he is or not, it's hardly crime of the century to receive front page headlines. And why does it take a man 32 years to raise it?

If he did it after 26 he be a partitionist.
MWWSI 2017

supersarsfields

Quote from: haranguerer on January 08, 2011, 08:57:42 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on January 07, 2011, 02:07:42 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on January 07, 2011, 01:22:09 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on January 07, 2011, 12:58:15 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 04, 2011, 08:52:38 PM
Mr Anti Gaa Dublinfella won't be impressed with you. It will be harder for him now to try and discredit a top gaa personality.

My arse. All I am saying is was if this was the Dungannon Swifts manager, the reaction would be very different on here.

Dublinfella is right in everything he has said. Very few on here can come on and state with surety the claims are a load of shite, no matter the character of the accuser. Most of those who are saying this are blinded by their opinions on the alleged perpetrator, which is very similar to the rape case in Kerry where locals let their personal judgements rule over the facts, and which had just about everyone on here up in arms. Btw, because no doubt someone will try to misinterpret, I know the perpetrator was found guilty in Kerry and Harte hasn't a case to answer (yet, and at all I hope), I'm just making the point that the emotions and logic are the same.

Personally, I doubt the accusations are true, and hope fervently they're not, for I've a lot of respect for Mickey Harte.
No He's not. As I said before he's trying to claim that people are speaking out for Mickey Harte because he's Tyrone manager and a GAA man. I've pointed out that most people would view someone as innocent until there's proof otherwise which would be the reason for any defence of MH on my part.

C'mon. They are like...

Of course we should view everyone as innocent til guilty, and thats a good reason for defending him in itself, but thats not usually the way it works unfortunately, if it was someone else the attitude could well be 'no smoke without fire'

Well I was no fan of PG but I was saying the same about him. And that's the points most are making.     
And it's got nothing to do with who it is. Most sane people would wait for evidence before making a decision about something as important as this. Some people will take "no smoke without fire" approach alright. But that doesn't make it correct.

Maguire01

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 08, 2011, 08:30:08 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on January 08, 2011, 02:03:48 PM

80s Provo talk !

Lawnseed are you for real?? what age are you? you need a good slap for some of the shite you post
The sad thing is, he is for real.

Also, i'd love to know what happened the 'stoop teachers' when all the fathers got out of 'the kesh'.

omagh_gael