Paul Galvin

Started by redandblackareback, December 21, 2010, 01:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: leaveherinsir on December 24, 2010, 05:07:58 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on December 24, 2010, 11:36:51 AM
How many pairs of shoes does Ricey have?
one, a pair of hobnail boots for kickin people! ;)

He probably has 50 pairs of trainers and as many shiny tracksuits. A complete skanger.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Jinxy on December 24, 2010, 11:36:51 AM
How many pairs of shoes does Ricey have?

None. I seen him in Sally's last Saturday night walking through the pub in bare feet. Tried to grab me by the ballix but I swerved it.

johnpower

Quote from: Chris agus Snoop on December 23, 2010, 01:56:05 PM
I think Tohill has 5 allstars and Galvin has 3

In my opinion Galvin is most overrated player of modern times, I would rate 4 or 5 kerry
players ahead of him.

Noel o' Leary always had him in his pocket, he was influential in the Cork games this year
because of the crazy management decision to put Kissane on him.

Ah Chris Noel O Leary having him in his pocket . ?

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: johnpower on December 24, 2010, 06:44:26 PM
Quote from: Chris agus Snoop on December 23, 2010, 01:56:05 PM
I think Tohill has 5 allstars and Galvin has 3

In my opinion Galvin is most overrated player of modern times, I would rate 4 or 5 kerry
players ahead of him.

Noel o' Leary always had him in his pocket, he was influential in the Cork games this year
because of the crazy management decision to put Kissane on him.

Ah Chris Noel O Leary having him in his pocket . ?

Paul wouldn't be seen dead in such an unfashionable pocket.

muppet

Galvin is Kerry's Jesus nut.

It just doesn't work without him. Anyone who thinks he is overrated or frequently put in anyone's pocket is either delusional or works for Brian Lenihan, or both.
MWWSI 2017

RedandGreenSniper

If there was a football transfer market, Galvin is the first player I'd want Jimmy Staunton to bring to Mayo.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

woodie

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on December 25, 2010, 01:40:47 PM
If there was a football transfer market, Galvin is the first player I'd want Jimmy Staunton to bring to Mayo.
Who would the other 14 be? ;) ;)

BennyHarp

Your idea of a great footballer and mine must be very different so we can agree to disagree on this one! Paul Galvin is a decent footballer who plays an important role for Kerry but when discussing the greatest footballers I've ever seen, he wouldn't even enter my head as a possible candidate. If I was talking about a great talent I'd be thinking of Canavan, Fitzgerald, Joyce. If I was thinking of influence on a game and dictating the play I'd be thinking of McGeeney, McDonald, Giles, Cavanagh, McGuigan, Blaney, Dara o 'Se! If I was thinking of score getters I'd be thinking of McDonnell, Linden, Gooch, Brogan, O'Neill. That is before i even start thinkng about defenders. As a Tyrone man I'd never say Dooher was one if the greatest players I'd ever seen, I appreciate what he does and think he is a legend, but just not one of the greatest and I think Galvin is a notch below Dooher at the jobs they do! And in answer to the question about player of the year. As Dara O'Se never got player of the year throughout his career, this somewhat, in my mind, devalues that award as the be all and end all as a measure of a players worth!
That was never a square ball!!

RedandGreenSniper

The dickie bow - laughing my arse off :D

bloodybreakball

is tht john kelly narrating, him off the view, no harm thts the most interesting thing in it yet

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: bloodybreakball on December 28, 2010, 09:52:49 PM
is tht john kelly narrating, him off the view, no harm thts the most interesting thing in it yet

Yeah its him. A good show so far. Like him or hate him, you get a good picture of Galvin in this.

maggie

The bow tie has been the highlight so far. If its good enough for Kanye, its good enough for Galvo.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: maggie on December 28, 2010, 10:00:25 PM
The bow tie has been the highlight so far. If its good enough for Kanye, its good enough for Galvo.

It was priceless. Reminded me of Pee Wee Herman!

RedandGreenSniper

Paul would want to check the definition of irony. Giving out about a Sunday World piece saying that he is joining Expose. He reckons it would be a distraction to his football. How does he communicate this? To a fillm crew for a documentary about himself.

INDIANA

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on December 28, 2010, 10:06:02 PM
Paul would want to check the definition of irony. Giving out about a Sunday World piece saying that he is joining Expose. He reckons it would be a distraction to his football. How does he communicate this? To a fillm crew for a documentary about himself.

Great footballer but Christ he has a chip on both shoulders. Could do with a good psychologist. Years of material there.