Paul Galvin

Started by redandblackareback, December 21, 2010, 01:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 03, 2015, 10:06:11 PM
Delighted to see him back. Fitzmaurice obviously has a role in mind for him. He is building a serious squad there. Sheehan is at the top of his game already early in the league..when did that happen before? David Moran is turning into one of the best players in the country. Gooch, M Sé Mahony and JOD still to return. Paul Geaney flying. The new young defenders like Murphy, Sherwood and Griffin are stepping up to the mark. Then we have Donaghy doing his stuff as well. Ominous .

Building a squad capable of retaining an All-Ireland is tricky but not impossible but what I'm dreaming of achieving is the holy grail of Kerry Gaelic Football - that one involving the number '5', yes I'm talking about finally getting the Down monkey off our backs  :)

NP 76

It has to end sometime Blanket

moysider

macdanger2

Quote from: moysider on March 03, 2015, 11:34:56 PM
Quote from: rrhf on March 03, 2015, 11:23:16 PM
No all Ireland won in march

Eh?

Corofin & Slaughtneil are going to be raging when they hear about this

From the Bunker

Big ask for to expect Walsh, Gooch and Galvin to hit the heights of former years.
Gooch has had a serious injury, he's in his 30's now. There will be a loss of pace plus will there be fear of injury again? He'll get extra special attention and extra hits to test his nerve.
Walsh has suffered continuously with injury. If a professional Aussie outfit could not sort this out the last 5 years or so it is unlikely Kerry will? Galvin is 35. There is probably a role for him, but it is hard to see it being longer than a half hour.

anfheardubh

IS THIS A JOKE ,  CAUSE  I AM LAUGHING MY ARSE OFF

The man is past it and wouldnt cap cows in to a bloody field

Grow up Paul and face facts your legs are gone which was the mainstay of your game and the referees arent pushovers any more

STILL  LAUGHING AT THIS  ,  glad that the osheas  had the common sense to call it a day on top, Galvin will need a running aid
For many are called, but few are chosen.

BennyHarp

Just heading back to a forward line that wasn't good enough in 2008 but is now 7 years older. I'd worry if I was a Kerry fan.
That was never a square ball!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 04, 2015, 06:37:03 AM
Just heading back to a forward line that wasn't good enough in 2008 but is now 7 years older. I'd worry if I was a Kerry fan.

Let's hope they meet you lot this year!

Hardy

Who does he think he is - David Brady?

No - delighted he's back. Clearly the brother-in-law has a role in mind for him. Probably a last-20 option, as mentioned but he's doubtless a huge asset to the squad even if he never gets game time.

yellowcard

I'd be more worried if I was a Tyrone fan. Given the players Kerry have to come back in it will be a close call between them and Dublin in the race for this years All Ireland title.

rrhf

There seem to be a more physical edge to Kerry this year as emphasised in THE BATTLE OF KILLARNEY.  GAlvin seems to be the logical next step

BennyHarp

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 04, 2015, 07:04:15 AM

Hopefully we'll have Mugsy and Plunkett Donaghy back by then.  ;)

In all seriousness, although my last few posts were tongue in cheek, I genuinely don't see how or why this would be a good thing for a Kerry team that are All Ireland champions, who must have any number of lads, inspired by that win, chomping at the bit to break into the squad. Eamon Fitzmaurice is a top manager who proved last year he not afraid to make tough calls, like leaving out Thomas o'se for the replay, but in this instance it seems like he has indulged the wishes of a mate who feels that there may a chance to rise his profile again by collecting another All Ireland. Kerry didn't need him last year and they don't need him this year, especially with the return of Gooch and Walsh. In my view this is a step backwards - and I'd say the same if Tyrone recalled Philip Jordan or Stephen O'Neill. I'll ask a serious question that I don't know the answer to, was Paul Galvin one of the outstanding performers in Senior Club football in Kerry this year? Has his form being pushing him for a recall?
That was never a square ball!!

5 Sams

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 04, 2015, 03:21:02 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 04, 2015, 07:04:15 AM

Hopefully we'll have Mugsy and Plunkett Donaghy back by then.  ;)

In all seriousness, although my last few posts were tongue in cheek, I genuinely don't see how or why this would be a good thing for a Kerry team that are All Ireland champions, who must have any number of lads, inspired by that win, chomping at the bit to break into the squad. Eamon Fitzmaurice is a top manager who proved last year he not afraid to make tough calls, like leaving out Thomas o'se for the replay, but in this instance it seems like he has indulged the wishes of a mate who feels that there may a chance to rise his profile again by collecting another All Ireland. Kerry didn't need him last year and they don't need him this year, especially with the return of Gooch and Walsh. In my view this is a step backwards - and I'd say the same if Tyrone recalled Philip Jordan or Stephen O'Neill. I'll ask a serious question that I don't know the answer to, was Paul Galvin one of the outstanding performers in Senior Club football in Kerry this year? Has his form being pushing him for a recall?

He didn't play any football in Kerry this year. Just hurling...and with my pedantic head on me..it was Marc Ó Sé who was dropped ;)
The Aristocrat Years

twohands!!!

Quote from: Hardy on March 04, 2015, 09:56:37 AM
Probably a last-20 option, as mentioned but he's doubtless a huge asset to the squad even if he never gets game time.

Yeah I wonder if any bookies are offering odds on him not actually lining out for Kerry again?

This particular Kerry team are still a young enough inexperienced squad overall (despite the All-Ireland win) bar a couple of exceptions, so I think an experienced campaigner joining the battle for a squad place puts more pressure on others to perform and maintain standards.

The thing is that even if he doesn't make the bench for Kerry's Munster semi-final, Cuthbert and co will surely have to spend some time trying to figure out some potential counter-tactics for fear that he might make an appearance at some stage in the Munster final.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Maor Uisce Id imagine.................. glad hes back around, I like hs head and tight shorts