A question of sport

Started by BennyHarp, December 21, 2010, 12:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Did anyone see this last night? Paddy Kielty was on and in the home and away round, his home question was to be on Gaelic Football (with a "twist" apparently). Unfortunately Paddy chose away. I would have interested to hear the question they would have asked! Probably something like - how do you spell Down?
That was never a square ball!!

screenmachine

I seen that myself - would have been interesting to see what the question was alright! I guess we'll never know!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Bingo

Did also refer to the fact that Rory would know nothing about it??  ;D

Also, if they had asked him who won the 2010 All-Ireland football final would he had said Down in line with his comments at the Down banquet?

Milltown Row2

Knew that would get some twat to start a thread!!!

Who gives a shite. He went for the away question and got it right. Both Rory and Paddy answered a fair few questions. But ones on here would like to put a "twist" on things ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2010, 02:38:31 PM
Knew that would get some t**t to start a thread!!!

Who gives a shite. He went for the away question and got it right. Both Rory and Paddy answered a fair few questions. But ones on here would like to put a "twist" on things ::)

i dont think anyone is putting a twist on anything, just curious to know what sort of question they might have asked
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Sweet lord  :o

BennyHarp

Hmmm, there's an angry young man! The reason why I put the speech marks on the word twist was that was what Sue Barker said about the Gaelic football question! I was only musing that I was interested what form the question would take. Only a very insecure individual would read that I was having a go at Paddy Kielty.
If you don't understand something, it's best not to comment on it! A bit of advice for ye MR2 It's better to keep quiet and let people think you are an idiot, than open your mouth and confirm it!

Hoof Hearted

was going to start this thread myself when i heard it, thankfully i didnt now, its bad enough getting an ateing at home or at work without getting ate on here too. :D

curious at what the question what would have been too. must have been about tyrone if the word twist was in it !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

saffron sam2

If my source (a double All-Ireland winner from the 90s) is to believed, young Rory would have had no problems answering a question about Gaelic football.

Have heard a couple of super stories about McIlroy recently that have made me change my opinion of him.

Kielty should have gone for a home question. Idiot. 
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

thebandit

Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 21, 2010, 09:59:11 PM
If my source (a double All-Ireland winner from the 90s) is to believed, young Rory would have had no problems answering a question about Gaelic football.

Have heard a couple of super stories about McIlroy recently that have made me change my opinion of him.

Maybe he just wanted a chance at the 2 points!

He's been on his county minor panel as well, better than most of us I'd say

Tony Baloney

Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 21, 2010, 09:59:11 PM

Change your opinion in his favour?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

A few years ago they showed a clip from the Connacht Championship, Mayo V Roscommon in McHale Park when one of the Roscommon players pulled down the crossbar.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

BennyHarp

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 21, 2010, 11:29:36 PM
A few years ago they showed a clip from the Connacht Championship, Mayo V Roscommon in McHale Park when one of the Roscommon players pulled down the crossbar.

Did Paddy Kielty not do this himself doing nets for Queens 3rds or someone?

deiseach

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 21, 2010, 12:41:39 PM
I would have interested to hear the question they would have asked! Probably something like - how do you spell Down?

A-N-D-U-FADA-N

BennyHarp

Quote from: deiseach on December 22, 2010, 09:33:53 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on December 21, 2010, 12:41:39 PM
I would have interested to hear the question they would have asked! Probably something like - how do you spell Down?

A-N-D-U-FADA-N

That was probably the twist!  ;D