Tom Daly for President?

Started by Any craic, December 14, 2010, 05:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any craic

Danny Murphy reckons Tom is the man for the job -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p42QOC7CA2s//

Tom himself kept his cards close to his chest while visiting Mary, but now he's declared his hand - http://www.jeromequinnmedia.com/watch/Tom-Daly-Honoured-253

He did a great job as Ulster Pres tho the other candidates are also impressive and it seems you have to wait your turn, ie, lose one to win one

Applesisapples

Best Ulster President in a long time, hope he wins.

johnneycool

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 15, 2010, 09:29:39 AM
Best Ulster President in a long time, hope he wins.

What did he do during his term?

saffron sam2

I have an irrational dislike of anyone who goes for high office in the GAA.

On second thoughts, it's perfectly rational.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Banana Man

Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 15, 2010, 12:00:38 PM

:D would have to agree with that

so what did Tom achieve, i'm not familiar with his work?

ziggysego

Quote from: Banana Man on December 15, 2010, 03:09:36 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 15, 2010, 12:00:38 PM

:D would have to agree with that

so what did Tom achieve, i'm not familiar with his work?

He was one of the driving forces in getting the redevelopment of Casement Park secured, along with with Danny Murphy.
Testing Accessibility

antoinse

For anyone taking an interest, or keeping an eye on those at the top, will see Tom's credentials outstrip the other 3 candidates. Lose one to win one is an excuse for losers - only the best win.

Rossfan

He'll need the big votes on his side .. Cork/Limerick/Tipp ...  whoever gives them what they want is sure to get the job. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

laoisgaa

How do Tom's credentials outweigh the others? I'm particularly thinking of Liam O'Neill

DuffleKing

Quote from: laoisgaa on December 19, 2010, 08:00:03 PM
How do Tom's credentials outweigh the others? I'm particularly thinking of Liam O'Neill

O'Neill's credentials include the beligerence with which he drove the rule changes crusade 3 years ago, listening to noone and belittling good football people who dared question the logic of what he was at.

Thankfully congress saw the idiocy & ignorance of his ways.

Orior

Woo-hoo! Tom just got Young Sports Personality of the Year.

No wait, hang on....
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

DuffleKing

ck

Tom is easily the most progressive candidate. During his spell as Ulster president he was exceptional in many ways. His reaching out to the Unionist community was quality and not just lip service as is the case with many GAA execs.
Tom for president. He will win hands down imo.

laoisgaa

QuoteO'Neill's credentials include the beligerence with which he drove the rule changes crusade 3 years ago, listening to noone and belittling good football people who dared question the logic of what he was at.

Thankfully congress saw the idiocy & ignorance of his ways.[/quote

Mixing up Cooney and O'Neill here a bit don't you think. Liam listens where others don't

DuffleKing

Quote from: laoisgaa on December 20, 2010, 01:11:45 AM
QuoteO'Neill's credentials include the beligerence with which he drove the rule changes crusade 3 years ago, listening to noone and belittling good football people who dared question the logic of what he was at.

Thankfully congress saw the idiocy & ignorance of his ways.[/quote

Mixing up Cooney and O'Neill here a bit don't you think. Liam listens where others don't

Not one bit