What Price the Dub's

Started by Bud Wiser, December 01, 2010, 09:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: heffo on July 03, 2011, 09:14:00 PM
There are a few class acts on this thread though I'll tell ya that.

Re my post I said nothing after the game I didn't say before it.

Cork and Dublin would be a good tie. It would be put up or shut up for a few of you boys.

INDIANA

Well done to KK today - they were superior today in every area of the field.

Kelly at FB was the only positive for Dublin.

Its to be expected Heffo. In some quarters its pure jealously. In others like Reillers - its pure entertainment.

heffo

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 03, 2011, 09:16:26 PM

It would be put up or shut up for a few of you boys.

I've personally never hyped up the Dublin Hurlers so you can take me out of your collective.

I was concerned about the amount of coverage and hype surrounding them.

Today's defeat doesn't make them a bad team, and I still think they'll make a semi-final but it might dampen expectations a little.

imtommygunn

Quote from: heffo on July 03, 2011, 09:19:44 PM
I've personally never hyped up the Dublin Hurlers so you can take me out of your collective.

Whoever said you were in any collective  ;D

Yep I'd agree - still a good Dublin team who will improve a lot. I'd like to see youse get a good tie like Cork / Waterford as it could be a real good tie and would be a good barometer of where you really are. I keep forgetting you beat Galway but I'd have a funny feeling it wouldn't quite be the same if Galway had a good kick up the ass they required later in the summer. Limerick also a good tie as they have a shrewd manager there and would be no pushovers. Of course that is assuming Antrim don't beat Limerick ;)

Dublin attracts a lot of hype football or hurling so not much can be done.

heffo

Quote from: hardstation on July 03, 2011, 09:50:35 PM
Surely the "class acts" are the ones who said that Kilkenny are finished.

Dubs are a good team an will make the breakthrough in the coming years but fcuk up til you win something of note. Dubs saying that Kilkenny are done, ffs.

I can't speak for others but I've never said KK were finished - I always have and do respect them hugely.

Winning a National league for Dublin is worthy of celebration so I'm not sure what 'fcuk up' means - if anyone said we're going to win the AI then they deserve to have their wings clipped, otherwise the tone of the posts are out of order imo..

INDIANA

No dub here said kilkenny were finished. So lets get the facts straight.

heffo

Quote from: hardstation on July 03, 2011, 09:50:35 PM
Surely the "class acts" are the ones who said that Kilkenny are finished.

Care to post a link to Dublin posters here claiming KK were finished?

Maybe you should 'fcuk up' until you do..

heffo

Quote from: hardstation on July 03, 2011, 10:13:34 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 03, 2011, 09:58:07 PM
No dub here said kilkenny were finished. So lets get the facts straight.
That's not true. 1 page back. Canalman. Dub. Get your facts straight. Fcuk up.

You said there were more than one poster claiming this - where are the rest of the posts?

heffo

Quote from: hardstation on July 03, 2011, 10:20:23 PM
Ha ha! Fcuk off and up.

So your gloating is based on one post from one poster? While every other Dublin poster had a far more measured take on things?

I'll stand by my original assessment I think..

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on July 03, 2011, 09:11:18 PM
Can we draw Cork so we can shut Reillers up once and for all? Would Christy Cooney listen to us to rig the draw accordingly.

Reillers must live in dreamland if he thinks any self-respecting Dublin hurler would be in any way nervous about playing Cork. The idea they operate in the same stratosphere as Tipp and Kilkenny anymore is only for Cork people who suffer from acute paranoia or those fans who live in permanent historical nostalgia.

As always you "two" clowns jump to insults before they read.

Why you clowns whine I don't know.

Why have I insulted you? (Insults seem to be your answer to anything you don't like and can't answer.)

Do the D4 media not hype the Dubs up? Was I wrong, was that what hit the sensitive spot? I am not suggesting in anyway that it should take away how far Dublin have come, but I am only suggesting that while they have improved out of sight, the media, as always when it comes to Dublin, goes crazy with hype.
No one with a hurling brain could have thought that Kilkenny would have been beaten. The hype of the media had people genuinely believing that Dublin could beat, (or almost beat) Kilkenny.

I've said Kilkenny are on another level, and that they are so far ahead of us that it's irrelevant that they have weakened a bit.
I said they are completely behind Tipp and KK, in front of Offaly and Wexford and behind Cork, Galway, Waterford, but like I said, just how far behind will be seen in time.
But Dublin will prove how far they have come if they beat one of the 3 I just mentioned.
I have said that Dublin have improved a lot, and hell I also said I would have liked to see them win.

Now tell me just how I have made you bitch and whine..again.

As always you and that other clown insult instead of using your head and reading what's in front of you.

Bud Wiser

HS and Ros etc, I made my post on 1st July thinking, more than hopeing Dubs could do it today.  I would be sure also that Cody did not take anything for granted up to 4pm today.  I find it extraordinary that the number of posts you and Ros have made this evening - after the event -  but did not have the balls to chalenge a post I made before the game today?  Maybe yerself, Ross and God foirbid, Reilers should all meet in a pub someday and enlighten us all - after ye have read the scoreboard.  Why didnt ye post last night or today before the game ?? because ye know f**k all about hurling. You HS were on the board last night, not one response to my post, then, you come on mouthing out of you, post after post , after post after the game is over as to suggest you know it all.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

INDIANA

dont mind hardstation heffo.

We're league champions and playing in an all-ireland quarter final in a few weeks.

His county have to worry about beating the Armagh.

As i said you know you're going somewhere when people are jealous

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on July 03, 2011, 10:24:50 PM
Can we draw Cork so we can shut Reillers up once and for all? Would Christy Cooney listen to us to rig the draw accordingly.

Reillers must live in dreamland if he thinks any self-respecting Dublin hurler would be in any way nervous about playing Cork. The idea they operate in the same stratosphere as Tipp and Kilkenny anymore is only for Cork people who suffer from acute paranoia or those fans who live in permanent historical nostalgia.

As always you "two" clowns jump to insults before they read.

Why you clowns whine I don't know.

Why have I insulted you? (Insults seem to be your answer to anything you don't like and can't answer.)

Do the D4 media not hype the Dubs up? Was I wrong, was that what hit the sensitive spot? I am not suggesting in anyway that it should take away how far Dublin have come, but I am only suggesting that while they have improved out of sight, the media, as always when it comes to Dublin, goes crazy with hype.
No one with a hurling brain could have thought that Kilkenny would have been beaten. The hype of the media had people genuinely believing that Dublin could beat, (or almost beat) Kilkenny.

I've said Kilkenny are on another level, and that they are so far ahead of us that it's irrelevant that they have weakened a bit.
I said they are completely behind Tipp and KK, in front of Offaly and Wexford and behind Cork, Galway, Waterford, but like I said, just how far behind will be seen in time.
But Dublin will prove how far they have come if they beat one of the 3 I just mentioned.
I have said that Dublin have improved a lot, and hell I also said I would have liked to see them win.

Now tell me just how I have made you bitch and whine..again.

As always you and that other clown insult instead of using your head and reading what's in front of you.

Sorry Reillers I lost you after the first sentence. Any chance you can post in a couple of sentences what you're trying to articulate?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on July 03, 2011, 10:24:50 PM

I said they are completely behind Cork, Galway, Waterford, but like I said, just how far behind will be seen in time.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2011/0618/galway_dublin.html

Like I said Reillers a postage stamp and that's probably overstating it..

heffo

Quote from: hardstation on July 03, 2011, 10:32:30 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 03, 2011, 10:22:24 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 03, 2011, 10:20:23 PM
Ha ha! Fcuk off and up.

So your gloating is based on one post from one poster? While every other Dublin poster had a far more measured take on things?

I'll stand by my original assessment I think..

You took the risky decision to follow that clown Indiana into battle, and lost.

I'm still awaiting a second example as you claimed there were than one..