RIP Leslie Nielsen

Started by Hereiam, November 29, 2010, 09:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryBreensBandage

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

DirtyDozen12

Great actor, loved him in Cheaper by the dozen, bit of a child's film but good for a laugh.

RIP Leslie.

Great jumper as well, i actually have one of these which I will be reaking out of the wardrobe very shortly  ;D

Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

tyroneboi

Quote from: Minder on November 29, 2010, 12:38:20 PM
Mayor: Now Drebin, I don't want any trouble like you had on the South Side last year, that's my policy.
Frank: Well, when I see five weirdos, dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the b**tards, that's *my* policy!
Mayor: That was a Shakespeare-In-The-Park production of 'Julius Caesar,' you moron! You killed five actors! Good ones!

Thats class!! The Naked Gun series is timeless hopefully it will be on over Christmas.

Wee Roddy

Dirtydozen, you are thinking of Steve Martin i think

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 29, 2010, 02:21:09 PM

Yeah I think he is. Although Steve Martin hasn't been funny in about 20 years he's not actually dead!

ziggysego

Villian: Who are you and how did you get in here?
Frank: I'm the locksmith and I'm a locksmith.

RIP Leslie.
Testing Accessibility

ross4life

Looking over his Filmography he had some load if movies before he became the funny man kinda reminds me of the late great Lloyd Bridges

Of course those lines were scripted but it takes a special talent to pull it off!

"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished."

"You're excited? You should feel my nipples!"

Busty Female Shop Assistant: Is this some kind of bust? Lt. Frank Drebin: Well... it's very impressive, yes

He'll live on in his movies RIP Leslie
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mylestheslasher

Sorry for any repeats

Rumack: Can you fly this plane, and land it?
Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Frank: I'm single! I love being single! I haven't had this much sex since I was a Boy Scout leader!
Music Stops. People stare.
Frank: I mean at the time I was dating a lot.

Rumack: You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.
Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

Rumack: Captain, how soon can you land?
Captain Oveur: I can't tell.
Rumack: You can tell me. I'm a doctor.
Captain Oveur: No. I mean I'm just not sure.
Rumack: Well, can't you take a guess?
Captain Oveur: Well, not for another two hours.
Rumack: You can't take a guess for another two hours?

Rumack: What was it we had for dinner tonight?
Elaine: Well, we had a choice of steak or fish.
Rumack: Yes, yes, I remember. I had lasagne

Frank: Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.

Frank: Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through..

Quentin Hapsburg: Que sera sera... You do speak French, don't you?
Lt. Frank Drebin: Unfortunately no, but I do kiss that way.

Hapsburg: I don't recall your name on the guest list.
Frank: That's OK. I sometimes go by my maiden name.

Frank: It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day.

Jane: Goodyear?
Frank: No, the worst.

Frank: We're sorry to bother you at such a time like this, Mrs. Twice. We would have come earlier, but your husband wasn't dead then.

Mayor: Now Drebin, I don't want any trouble like you had on the South Side last year, that's my policy.
Frank: Well, when I see five weirdos, dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's *my* policy!
Mayor: That was a Shakespeare-In-The-Park production of 'Julius Caesar,' you moron! You killed five actors! Good ones!

Frank: That's the red-light district. I wonder why Savage is hanging around down there.
Ed: Sex, Frank?
Frank: Uh, no, not right now, Ed.

Frank: Now, Jane, what can you tell us about the man you saw last night?
Jane: He's Caucasian.
Ed: Caucasian?
Jane: Yeah, you know, a white guy. A moustache. About six-foot-three.
Frank: Awfully big moustache.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Nally Stand

Good find. Bought. Funny I seen them yest in HMV for £8 and thought I'd check play.com first. Then the news hit this morning which was strange  :-\
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 29, 2010, 02:29:29 PM

Yeah I think he is. Although Steve Martin hasn't been funny in about 20 years he's not actually dead!

Lads, i think i know who Leslie Nelson is!!!! Ive been a fan all my life!!!  He's the guy with the white hair with Jim from American pie dad, think maybe you's are confused  :-\

Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

5 Sams

Sorry for buttin in dirtydozen....but that's definitely Steve Martin you have there...

...This is Leslie Neilsen

The Aristocrat Years

winsamsoon

Dirtydozen if you are not taking the piss lad then this could be a script of the great man himself.

That blind man at an orgy line is a classic

RIP Les
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

RedandGreenSniper

Some of the best lines on here, but can't find the North Dakota one on YouTube. Definite box-set for Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcKJdmXbBBc
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Tyrones own

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 29, 2010, 04:45:43 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 29, 2010, 02:29:29 PM

Lads, i think i know who Leslie Nelson is!!!! Ive been a fan all my life!!!  He's the guy with the white hair with Jim from American pie dad, think maybe you's are confused  :-\

:D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann