Galway v Armagh

Started by bennydorano, February 22, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Armagh team for sunday:
Armagh: C McKinney, A Mallon, E McNulty, F Moriarty, P McCreesh, C McKeever, T McClelland, G Swift, C Vernon, P Toal, J Lavery, M O'Rourke, S McDonnell, P Keenan, M O'Rourke. Subs: P Rodgers, B Donaghy, K Dyas, M Ferris, P Forker, S Forker,G McCreesh, JP Donnelly, K McGeeney, P McGrane, K Toner.

Glad to see Nippy & Charlie getting another chance in Mf, it didn't happen for them the last time out against Louth.  Vernon was MOTM for Queens yesterday against UCD by the sounds of it, scoring 0-3 from MF, so he can clearly play the position.

1.30 throw in.

mouview

Lot of Galway people in football circles worried about this one I'd say, not least the management themselves. Team has found no sort of form, is very low on confidence and is in dire straits at midfield. Bit by bit, the returning players should improve things but the Jekyll-and-Hyde tendencies that Galway footballers have shown pretty much since 2001 haven't gone away. This match should have been played in Tuam where they'd at least attract a larger home support.

Malone Aristocrat

Vernan had a decent game yesterday but queens had 4 or 5 better players on the day.

Uladh

Good to see McGeeney and McGrane on the bench. Things are looking better as we go on and a win on sunday will give armagh a fair chance of the playoffs. Galway have had a very poor start and might be fighting hard at home for points but i just can't see them beating us.

bennydorano

Quote from: Malone Aristocrat on February 22, 2007, 11:43:23 AM

Vernan had a decent game yesterday but queens had 4 or 5 better players on the day.

Only going by the Irish News, what county are you from Aristo?

Goats Do Shave

1.30 Throw in???

Is this confirmed??

Malone Aristocrat

bennydorano

Quote from: Malone Aristocrat on February 22, 2007, 12:03:08 PM

Derry Benny
Thought so with O'Kane and Donaghy to the fore in your reading of the Queens game on the sigerson thread.

Malone Aristocrat

Ah now, don't tar me with the red glassed tyrone brush!

donaghy (who i wouldn't generally be a fan of) and o'kane were tremendous throughout.

mick o'rourke and paul courtney put in very solid hour shifts with o'rourke showing some flashes of brilliance

Ciaran O'Reilly and big vernon had purple patches in each half at important times for queens.

to try to dispel my oak leaf bias, joe'kane was v quiet and ryan dillon struggled!

Spiritof98

Quote from: Malone Aristocrat on February 22, 2007, 11:43:23 AM

I have read 4 different accounts this morning all labeling Vernon as easily the MOTM.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Malone Aristocrat

Spiritof98

I was merely suprised that in your view 5 players (which is quite a lot) had better games than Vernon when the countries media had him as the Star Man. I wasn't questioning your opinion just hightlighting the different opinions out there.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

maddog

is this one going to be on tg4?

Donagh

Quote from: maddog on February 22, 2007, 01:59:41 PM
is this one going to be on tg4?

Yup, it's the deferred game AFAIK

Malone Aristocrat

jesus, i'm only offering what would be the queens consensus on the teams performance.

big charlie has been brilliant for queens this year and has consistently been mom through the ryan and mckenna cups. is it ok that yesterday wasn't one of them, good though he was?

the only report i read on the game was by this site's own colin duffy and is a good example of why most football journalism in this country should be ignored. are all armagh discussions this insular? after all i did name two other orchard players as being 2 of the better players?