Movember

Started by Aerlik, November 23, 2010, 01:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlik

Is Movember a big hit in Ireland?  I'm doing it over here in Oz and holey cheeses I am over it and can't wait for November 30th.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

crossdoesitbest

Yeah it doesn't seem as popular this year as previously. I got roped into it this year for the first time and i really cant wait to get rid of the tash at the end of the month! The wife says only it's for a good cause id be sleeping in the garage till i shaved it off!!!

ziggysego

Quote from: Aerlik on November 23, 2010, 01:11:14 PM
Is Movember a big hit in Ireland?  I'm doing it over here in Oz and holey cheeses I am over it and can't wait for November 30th.

I did it last year. Like yourself, after the first week or two, I was well sickened of it. Not much fun going to work with a ginger moustache, when there's no trace of ginger in the family history. I guess it was the redundant Irish gene kicking in.

Plus, I was always sneezing.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

I have friends who do it for the entire month. I donate a few bucks to them, but I only wear my own for a week.

This year I went with the "goose" from Top Gun. A highly under rated molestache.

Dinny Breen

Doing it as well, very popular this year I thought...
#newbridgeornowhere

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 23, 2010, 02:52:57 PM
Doing it as well, very popular this year I thought...

Same as, know loads of lads doing it this year, gonna cost me a fortune
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Aerlik

Ah feckit, I've had enough.  Getting rid of the damned tash tomorrow evening. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

muppet

Quote from: Puckoon on November 23, 2010, 02:15:17 PM
I have friends who do it for the entire month. I donate a few bucks to them, but I only wear my own for a week.

This year I went with the "goose" from Top Gun. A highly under rated molestache.

Interesting, the Chandler from Friends look, only gayer.
MWWSI 2017

crossdoesitbest

Jaysus was i glad to get rid of the tash this morn! Raised a few pound for a very worthwhile cause but surely in future i'll find a handier way to do it. I think i'd rather have a hernia than grow a tash again!!!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: crossdoesitbest on December 01, 2010, 01:58:30 PM
Jaysus was i glad to get rid of the tash this morn! Raised a few pound for a very worthwhile cause but surely in future i'll find a handier way to do it. I think i'd rather have a hernia than grow a tash again!!!!

Was it the little Hitler one? ;)

mick999

I see that we're 5th on the Global fundraising table :

http://ie.movember.com/momoney/

I see a few of the Irish Rugby Lads have been doing it :

http://ie.movember.com/mospace/484361/

Good Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASB4LAVcMW4&feature=youtu.be

crossdoesitbest

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 01, 2010, 02:02:08 PM
Quote from: crossdoesitbest on December 01, 2010, 01:58:30 PM

Was it the little Hitler one? ;)

Not sure what way you would describe it, but it difinately was something i would'nt like to have all the time. Big and Bushy with a hint of ginger might be more accurate!   8) 8) 8)

Louth Exile

Our 2010 Junior Captain was twice treated in the Walter Stevenson Ward in St James for Cancer. So his brother and one of the lads organised for 20 of us to get involved in it, with all funds going to the Ward. 18 of us were from the club, players, managers and committee members.

We had a shave off last night, the whole month has been great craic and I miss the tickler I have to say. We had great fun while raising a total in excess of €9k for a good cause  :)

This was my favourite vid  :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GudcxvmHoyQ
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com