FG
LAB
SF
Others
Greens
Not going to Vote

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Main Street on February 28, 2011, 05:17:29 PM
Do they start again from scratch with the counting of votes and proceed from first count onwards?

No just the last count Main Street. Too late to check earlier ones.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Maguire01

Can anyone explain to me why Mick Wallace is so popular? I hadn't heard of him until Saturday but understand that he's a property developer with €40m of debts in his company. Does that not make him part of the problem?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 28, 2011, 06:13:39 PM
Can anyone explain to me why Mick Wallace is so popular? I hadn't heard of him until Saturday but understand that he's a property developer with €40m of debts in his company. Does that not make him part of the problem?

It is more populist, I'm a local lad, burn down the banks, the Wexford Youths are great. I heard him on Vincent Browne and he sounded clueless and kept talking about the Wexford Youths. A Wexford Jackie Healy Flynn.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

muppet

It certainly does.
MWWSI 2017

Ulick

As far as I know, his loans were/are performing. The only reason people know how much he owes is that he put that information out there himself. The distinction I can see from him the other other developers is that Wallace was building quality properties and selling/leasing at affordable prices. He didn't so much as throw building up and sell but regenerated working class areas in which he keep a presence e.g. the "Italian quarter" & "Blooms quarter" he built in Dublin - he kept ownership of shops and bars to run himself in those areas. In Wexford, he's regarded as honest and as straight as they come. He put his money were is mouth is by building the Wexford Youths complex at Ferrycarrig at a personal cost of a few million yoyos. I've yet to meet anyone down there yet who has a bad word to say about him. In Dublin, the lefties love him being outspoken about everything from bin-charges to the war in Iraq (see photo below on the front of one of his sites). He has even been north of the border hosting workshops for housing associations to help them get projects of the ground.

muppet

Quote from: Ulick on February 28, 2011, 07:11:09 PM

As far as I know, his loans were/are performing. The only reason people know how much he owes is that he put that information out there himself. The distinction I can see from him the other other developers is that Wallace was building quality properties and selling/leasing at affordable prices. He didn't so much as throw building up and sell but regenerated working class areas in which he keep a presence e.g. the "Italian quarter" & "Blooms quarter" he built in Dublin - he kept ownership of shops and bars to run himself in those areas. In Wexford, he's regarded as honest and as straight as they come. He put his money were is mouth is by building the Wexford Youths complex at Ferrycarrig at a personal cost of a few million yoyos. I've yet to meet anyone down there yet who has a bad word to say about him. In Dublin, the lefties love him being outspoken about everything from bin-charges to the war in Iraq (see photo below on the front of one of his sites). He has even been north of the border hosting workshops for housing associations to help them get projects of the ground.

Lend me €40 Million there boss and I'll be a great lad.
MWWSI 2017

Ulick

A message from Mick

"To be clear, as I have previously stated, Wallace Construction LTD is in debt to the tune of €40 million approximately, against the companies assets held by the banks. None of these loans are in NAMA, and I am not bankrupt, and nor do I expect to become bankrupt, it is also important to note that Wallace Construction and Mick Wallace are separate entities."

AZOffaly

Any word from Laois Offaly yet? The count seems to be farcical up there. There's returning officers and electoral registrars descending on the place from all over the midlands. Madness.

muppet

Quote from: Ulick on February 28, 2011, 07:22:54 PM
A message from Mick

"To be clear, as I have previously stated, Wallace Construction LTD is in debt to the tune of €40 million approximately, against the companies assets held by the banks. None of these loans are in NAMA, and I am not bankrupt, and nor do I expect to become bankrupt, it is also important to note that Wallace Construction and Mick Wallace are separate entities."

Geddawayouttadat.

Other separate entities:

Seanie and Anglo
Sean Quinn and Quinn
FF and conscience
This Irish generation and solvency

Actually we should try that?

Message to IMF/EU

Ireland and the Ireland you gave the money to are separate entities.

MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

Quote from: Ulick on February 28, 2011, 07:11:09 PM

Are you saying that he wasn't getting market value for his properties? Is that why he's €40m in the red?

Ulick

Muppet, to be honest I'm not sure what point you are trying to make about Wallace. From what I can see he's been honest in all his business dealings and has a track record going back over decades of criticizing the cosy setup existing between FF&FG and the banks&developers. He's never been part of the Galway tent and has done a lot of good regeneration work in run-down areas. Does someone like this not deserve the benefit of the doubt?

muppet

Quote from: Ulick on February 28, 2011, 07:59:23 PM
Muppet, to be honest I'm not sure what point you are trying to make about Wallace. From what I can see he's been honest in all his business dealings and has a track record going back over decades of criticizing the cosy setup existing between FF&FG and the banks&developers. He's never been part of the Galway tent and has done a lot of good regeneration work in run-down areas. Does someone like this not deserve the benefit of the doubt?

If he pays back the €40 Million he owes ours banks then he deserves the benefit of anything going.
MWWSI 2017

Ulick

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 28, 2011, 07:56:50 PM
Are you saying that he wasn't getting market value for his properties? Is that why he's €40m in the red?

Maguire you asked why Wallace was so popular and I answered given my own limited knowledge of the man and his dealings. I have no particular interest in getting into a prolonged debate about it. If you are interested in following up on the what he sold his properties for, I'm sure there are other more authoritative sources of information.

Ulick

Quote from: muppet on February 28, 2011, 08:01:46 PM
If he pays back the €40 Million he owes ours banks then he deserves the benefit of anything going.

Has someone suggested he's not paying back the loans?

Maguire01

Quote from: Ulick on February 28, 2011, 08:03:23 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 28, 2011, 07:56:50 PM

Maguire you asked why Wallace was so popular and I answered given my own limited knowledge of the man and his dealings. I have no particular interest in getting into a prolonged debate about it. If you are interested in following up on the what he sold his properties for, I'm sure there are other more authoritative sources of information.
You made the claim - I was only asking the question.