FF
FG
LAB
SF
Others
Greens
Not going to Vote

Shamrock Shore

Looks like another CJH wants to enter Irish politics.

I loves those mid 90s, designed by a novice using Hotmetal, websites:

http://haughtonssolicitors.com/

muppet

Fianna Fail will be back in power within 2 years - Fianna Fail - http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/ff-vice-president-party-will-be-back-in-govt-in-two-years-491948.html

For the moment I intend to FG and Labour as a tactical vote to remove the traitors.

However if any party, and I mean any party, commits to banning the above organisation I will vote for them instead.
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

Election time is a very stressful period unless you manage to cocoon yourself.

One stressful peak was easily reached  the other night when Vincent Browne managed to excel himself at being the  "reader's digest" of Ireland's political punditry as he put on his best puppy face,  with a picture of Brian Cowen & his family in the foreground, extolled the virtues of Brian  'the family man'.
Does it actually matter that Brian Cowen is a salt of the earth, decent and responsible man towards his own family? I would never have thought any different, but the last thing to enter my mind about a character like Quisling would be -   'did he go to church with his family every Sunday'?
I understand that this sort of Nixon/Checkers crap happens, but for it to permeate what passes for one of the most serious tv political punditry in the country, is indeed frustrating.

comethekingdom

Watchin Primetime there - what a crowd of squabbling pillocks!. This country severely lacks decent politicians. Then Martin Ferris is asked about public sector cuts etc- he's as clueless as the rest of the shinners. Anyone who votes for SF IMO is seriously lacking in basic intelligence.

lawnseed

Quote from: comethekingdom on February 03, 2011, 10:14:36 PM
Watchin Primetime there - what a crowd of squabbling pillocks!. This country severely lacks decent politicians. Then Martin Ferris is asked about public sector cuts etc- he's as clueless as the rest of the shinners. Anyone who votes for SF IMO is seriously lacking in basic intelligence.
basic intelligence? was ferris speaking a foreign language? he said they would have to be cuts in public services but not in frontline services- probably in adminstration and that wages for the top brass will be capped at 100000euro sounds very straight forward imo. have you visited the sinn fein website? its all written down to give you time to absorb it..

consider this fianna fail have plunged this country into at least 50 years of hardship and emmigration and they are still pulling 20% in the opinion polls... you mentioned BASIC intelligence?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Nally Stand

David McWilliams seems to think SF's economic proposals make "absolute sense". He must be lacking in "basic intelligence" too. No harm kingdom, but your last line of that posts smacks of pure arrogance.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Bogball XV

As a matter of interest, on the prediction thread most people reckon the greens will get a seat, who?  Sargent has to be the only one with a shout at all?

muppet

Quote from: Bogball XV on February 04, 2011, 12:09:00 AM
As a matter of interest, on the prediction thread most people reckon the greens will get a seat, who?  Sargent has to be the only one with a shout at all?

That's the one I'm thinking of.
MWWSI 2017

Fear ón Srath Bán

Not easy to say BBXV, whichever seat they pick up will be on the final count, so there'll be a few of them in that particular mix.

On the law of averages (of being in or around the reckoning for the final distributions) they should pick up at least one.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Billys Boots

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 04, 2011, 12:14:54 AM

Not easy to say BBXV, whichever seat they pick up will be on the final count, so there'll be a few of them in that particular mix.

On the law of averages (of being in or around the reckoning for the final distributions) they should pick up at least one.

I'd say Sargent will be in the mix for the last seat here in Dublin North; no telling yet if he'll get it.  Can't see any of the rest of them having a chance. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 03, 2011, 11:09:08 PM

David McWilliams seems to think SF's economic proposals make "absolute sense". He must be lacking in "basic intelligence" too. No harm kingdom, but your last line of that posts smacks of pure arrogance.
Where'd you see that from McWilliams NS?

Ulick

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on February 04, 2011, 01:27:45 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 03, 2011, 11:09:08 PM

Where'd you see that from McWilliams NS?

Being interviewed by Ray Darcy on TodayFM last week. There's a link somewhere on the Board to a YouTube recording of it.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Despicable cowardice from Indah Kinny invoking suicide as an excuse -- ducking out of a leaders' debate blaming Vincent Browne, saying that he'll never have anything to do with him after he once joked that Kenny should go into a dark room with a bottle of whiskey and a revolver (during the depths of his unpopularity). Brave man, I'm sure the leaders of the ECB and IMF are quaking at the thought of him as Taoiseach.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

mylestheslasher