Gerry's moving south...

Started by Maguire01, November 14, 2010, 12:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spanner

The British coalition has made it quite clear that they will bring in legislation to stop MP's who refuse to take their seats at Westminster, from being able to claim wages and expenses.
Gerry is jumping ship whilst the jumping is good and hopes to slide in to the "safe" Sinn Féin seat in Louth.

spanner

Quote from: Disillusioned on November 14, 2010, 06:51:13 PM
A bit insensitive to choose Louth as a constituency.

Are you talking about "The Disappeared" or something else?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: spanner on November 14, 2010, 07:09:58 PM

The British coalition has made it quite clear that they will bring in legislation to stop MP's who refuse to take their seats at Westminster, from being able to claim wages and expenses.
Gerry is jumping ship whilst the jumping is good and hopes to slide in to the "safe" Sinn Féin seat in Louth.
Before you make a bigger bollocks of yourself than you already have you should know that Gerry wouldn't collect his MP salary it goes back to the party and he's paid a wage.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

spanner

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 14, 2010, 07:13:25 PM
Quote from: spanner on November 14, 2010, 07:09:58 PM

Before you make a bigger bollocks of yourself than you already have you should know that Gerry wouldn't collect his MP salary it goes back to the party and he's paid a wage.

Plus his Northern Bank pension?

LOL

mylestheslasher

Adams seems to have lost the plot.

1- What about the boys on the ground in Louth that are doing the work, he is going to put someone or a group of people out by doing this
2- Is he seriously going to go door to door after allowing his paedo brother to get involved with SF in the same county
3- Is he seriously going to tell the people of Louth in the middle of a recession that he will be able to represent them from Belfast while he also tells the people of West Belfast he will do the same for them
4- People want to know about the economic proposals of SF, Adams has shown on a number of occassions that he is not in touch with the Southern people on this matter.

It is possible that he will lose SF this seat and trash his own image at the same time.

Maguire01

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 14, 2010, 08:00:13 PM

1- What about the boys on the ground in Louth that are doing the work, he is going to put someone or a group of people out by doing this
2- Is he seriously going to go door to door after allowing his paedo brother to get involved with SF in the same county
3- Is he seriously going to tell the people of Louth in the middle of a recession that he will be able to represent them from Belfast while he also tells the people of West Belfast he will do the same for them
4- People want to know about the economic proposals of SF, Adams has shown on a number of occassions that he is not in touch with the Southern people on this matter.

It is possible that he will lose SF this seat and trash his own image at the same time.
He's ditching West Belfast. His work there is done. Time to transform the fortunes of Louth.

Trout

What "work" is done? He has left behind a constituency with high unemployment levels, high state dependency, social decay. No doubt that is cos the Brits wouldn't invest.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

Maguire01

Quote from: Trout on November 14, 2010, 08:26:32 PM
What "work" is done? He has left behind a constituency with high unemployment levels, high state dependency, social decay. No doubt that is cos the Brits wouldn't invest.
The sarcasm clearly got lost in the mix.

Banana Man

I think i read on ceefax that the whole family is moving to Louth, time for new blood in the party, maybe it's a move by Gerry to stop Pearse Doherty being the natural leader in the south? I don't know, it all seems a bit out of left field (pardon the pun)

Hurler on the Bitch

Who'll take his seat in the west?

INDIANA

another sc**bag to go with all the other scumbags in the Dail

spanner

Quote from: Banana Man on November 14, 2010, 09:01:27 PM
I think i read on ceefax that the whole family is moving to Louth, time for new blood in the party, maybe it's a move by Gerry to stop Pearse Doherty being the natural leader in the south? I don't know, it all seems a bit out of left field (pardon the pun)

Perhaps Gerry heard that the Historical Enquiries Team wanted to interview him about something or other?
LOL

spanner

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 14, 2010, 08:00:13 PM

Good post.

I wonder if the Dissidents will put someone up to run against him.
That would bring the pains on.

Maguire01

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on November 14, 2010, 09:28:41 PM
Two seats up for grabs - Westminster and Stormont.

spanner

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 14, 2010, 10:57:46 PM
Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on November 14, 2010, 09:28:41 PM
Two seats up for grabs - Westminster and Stormont.

Maguire,
My understanding is that he will resign his Westminster seat IF he wins in Louth.
That makes sense and shows that he is hedging his bets.