David Haye v Audley Harrison

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 12, 2010, 05:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

concrete_boots

its a bit of a joke when audley got lucky against sprott in his last fight to now have the chance to become heavy wieght champion of the world.

If he does win it'll be a new low for the world of boxing but really can't see him doing it.

ross4life

McClellan vs Benn was a great fight one of the best i have seen, though a tragic end for Gerald.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gallsman

Quote from: concrete_boots on November 12, 2010, 06:42:21 PM
its a bit of a joke when audley got lucky against sprott in his last fight to now have the chance to become heavy wieght champion of the world.

If he does win it'll be a new low for the world of boxing but really can't see him doing it.

That's boxing. People are willing to pay to see Audley get knocked out, so the fight was made.

beer baron

Quote from: concrete_boots on November 12, 2010, 06:42:21 PM

It's a disgrace that a lad i'd beat outside a chipper on a saturday night gets a fight like this!Can't see him winning but if he does like you said it will be a new low in fact i think it would be the straw that broke the camels back in a division that has been getting worse and worse the last decade!

The Worker

What time is the fight due to start?

tyroneboi

I heard on sky sports this evening that they are expecting the fighters in the ring at about 9.45. Hopefully there will be a few links floating about for it.

The Worker

Quote from: tyroneboi on November 12, 2010, 08:54:11 PM
I heard on sky sports this evening that they are expecting the fighters in the ring at about 9.45. Hopefully there will be a few links floating about for it.

Good stuff, will be over weill before match of the day then!

tyrone86

There's something wrong somewhere when you have to pay £15 for dung like Haye v Harrison while Pacquiao Vs Margarito is on Sky Sports 1 at 2am

Milltown Row2

If this goes past the 4th round then it's fix. Audrey could not beat himself up!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rav67

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 12, 2010, 06:35:17 PM
Quote from: red hander on November 12, 2010, 05:43:34 PM
What is it with Sky-hyped mediocrities liike these that they make a fortune fighting bums until, eventually, they are forced to face a decent fighter and it all comes crashing down round their ears ... Eubank, Benn, Prince Naseem anyone?

Never liked Nigel Benn but ne hever ducked a fight and went to the states to win a world championship. His win against McClellan (who was expected to beat him) is probably the most brutal fight I've ever seen. If he were around today he would be a superstar.

Hamed beat some very good fighters too, and only came unstuck against one of the legends of that era of boxing.

beer baron

Quote from: tyrone86 on November 12, 2010, 11:13:20 PM
There's something wrong somewhere when you have to pay £15 for dung like Haye v Harrison while Pacquiao Vs Margarito is on Sky Sports 1 at 2am

Too true-but great all the same!  ;D

gallsman

Quote from: Rav67 on November 13, 2010, 02:45:55 AM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 12, 2010, 06:35:17 PM
Quote from: red hander on November 12, 2010, 05:43:34 PM
What is it with Sky-hyped mediocrities liike these that they make a fortune fighting bums until, eventually, they are forced to face a decent fighter and it all comes crashing down round their ears ... Eubank, Benn, Prince Naseem anyone?

Never liked Nigel Benn but ne hever ducked a fight and went to the states to win a world championship. His win against McClellan (who was expected to beat him) is probably the most brutal fight I've ever seen. If he were around today he would be a superstar.

Hamed beat some very good fighters too, and only came unstuck against one of the legends of that era of boxing.

Hamed was a slick, slick fighter. His first fight in the states against Kevin Kelley won fight of the year and he only won after getting dropped three times himself.

gallsman

Just seen that Guillermo Rigondeaux, the brilliant Cuban amateur bantamweight, is fighting for Bernard Dunne's old belt against Ricardo Cordoba, the man Dunne beat for it. It's on the undercard of the Pacquiao fight. Only Rigondeaux's seventh pro fight which I think would equal the record if he were to win - Jeff Fenech was world champion after seven fights, I think there was someone else too.

magpie seanie

Margarito is so much bigger than Pacman but Pacman is simply awesome. Should be a good one. Will they be in the ring for 2am?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 13, 2010, 05:58:04 PM

Margarito is so much bigger than Pacman but Pacman is simply awesome. Should be a good one. Will they be in the ring for 2am?

Nearer 4 I'd say.