Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 04, 2011, 08:38:34 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 04, 2011, 08:07:57 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 26, 2011, 08:40:24 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 26, 2011, 08:36:16 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 26, 2011, 07:23:04 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 26, 2011, 07:19:39 PM
Going to see John Bishop next Fri night

Me too.

will keep an eye out for you zig, mines a tennants !

Good man, get me one when you're at the bar.

Brilliant show last night, he is one funny man !

Had the pleasure of meeting GAABoard legend ziggysego, not at the bar though, typical tyrone man wasnt fond of spending the money  :D

It was superb. For all the Peter Kay hype, Bishop just kicked him all around Belfast and back across the Odyssey stage in terms of entertainment.
That Peter Kaye thing on C4 again. That is where he is at his best, all the characters that eventually became Phoenix nights.

Eire2010

whats peoples opinions on rhod gilbert?

I think he is utterly brilliant, could listen to the man all night!
On the other hand, i also think PJ Gallagher is fantastic, been to a few of his stand-ups, and never stopped laughing. He is also brilliant on the likes of naked camera and makin jake.

Hardy

Quote from: Eire2010 on June 20, 2011, 10:05:38 PM

He confuses loud with funny.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Eire2010 on June 20, 2011, 10:05:38 PM

I think he is utterly brilliant, could listen to the man all night!
On the other hand, i also think PJ Gallagher is fantastic, been to a few of his stand-ups, and never stopped laughing. He is also brilliant on the likes of naked camera and makin jake.
Rhod Gilbert is Welsh. That's his joke.

David McKeown

Never seen him in the flesh but always wanted to as I think hes quite funny on tv.  My friends who I go to all the comedy gigs with
thinks hes rubbish though
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

screenexile

Anybody watching Demitri Martin on C4 now??

I don't think I'm getting it really he's a very poor man's David O'Doherty ... I'm just not getting it. Anyone here like him?

boojangles

ziggysego

Quote from: boojangles on July 28, 2011, 01:08:27 AM
Steve Hughes. Check this boy out. Class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in9SiDtJLaU&feature=related

First rate. Seen him on TV a few times. A mate seen him live in Dublin a couple of times and rates him as one of the best.
Testing Accessibility

Declan

ziggysego

Quote from: screenexile on August 31, 2011, 10:06:12 PM
Quote from: Declan on July 28, 2011, 03:21:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4CQ_1GWn4w&feature=related
Just read his biography - Great stuff

Just spied this on iPlayer . . .

Bill Hicks - Live @ The Dominion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b010k162/Bill_Hicks_Revelations_Live_at_the_Dominion/

Strangely enough, I watched this in bed last night. You can definitely see where Denis Leary got a lot of his material from.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quote from: ziggysego on August 31, 2011, 10:13:28 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 31, 2011, 10:06:12 PM
Quote from: Declan on July 28, 2011, 03:21:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4CQ_1GWn4w&feature=related
Just read his biography - Great stuff

Just spied this on iPlayer . . .

Bill Hicks - Live @ The Dominion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b010k162/Bill_Hicks_Revelations_Live_at_the_Dominion/

Strangely enough, I watched this in bed last night. You can definitely see where Denis Leary got a lot of his material from.

Your bed?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Denn Forever

Is the Bill Hicks film that was shown before the Revelations show from the Dominian also on the iplayer?  Well worth a view.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Armaghgeddon

3 worst (In my opinion)

Jimmy Carr - Boring one liners and is liked because he dosent have any limits much like Frankie Boyle. I use to find them funny but now find them boring. The whole finding them funny because they have no limits isa good thing but it is also a boring thing and then you realise anyone can do it but some people have a little more respect for themselves. Another thing that I dont like is the whole picking on a member of the audience, it is so lazy doing that.

2. Stewart Lee Oh my god he is awful. I dont know where to start with him.

1st place goes to....Jack Whitehall - What has he done? Not a single joke of his stands out and makes me laugh. He is the sort of friend that you would go out with and once you know what his personality is like you can see the funny side. But when he is playing to hunderds of people in the audience there is nothing there.

Special mentions goto: Russell Brand. Noel Fielding. Russell Kane. Patrick Kielty.

Best.

3. Stephen K Amos- Watch live at the apollo

2. Jack Dee - Deadpan comedy at its best. I dont think I have ever heard him repeat a joke unlike most stand up comedians. His observations on society are spot on and 99% of the time you can relate to what he is saying. He still does it the way he did when he first started and still funny.

1. Dara O'Briain - I think its more the way he says it rather than the stuff he talks about. He seems to find it easy to relate to everyone by joking about medical terminolgy and physics to computer games, there is something for everyone.