Hotels

Started by Mayo4Sam, November 04, 2010, 02:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Guys I read on a thread here before about a website where u bid for a hotel room, saying what star the hotel has to be, eg I'll pay €50 for a room in a 4 star hotel southside of Dublin.
Anyone able to tell me the site? Cheers
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

thewobbler

It's called hotwired in the States. Look up hotwired and hotwired equivalents on Google and you'll not be far away.

Cosmo Kramer

www.priceline.co.uk

Go to the name your own price section.

You don't bid on hotwire, although it is also a very good site. Couldn't believe the place I got for next to nothing in Vegas last week on Hotwire.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

DownFanatic

Anybody any recommendations for hotels around South West Dublin preferably around Tallaght direction?

Abberley Court or the Plaza any use? Good enough area?

ziggysego

Quote from: DownFanatic on June 14, 2012, 02:08:56 AM
Anybody any recommendations for hotels around South West Dublin preferably around Tallaght direction?

The CityWest Hotel is meant to be good. If you decide to go down a week early, Tony Fearon can get you a good deal.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on June 14, 2012, 02:14:07 AM

The CityWest Hotel is meant to be good. If you decide to go down a week early, Tony Fearon can get you a good deal.

;) :D 

supersarsfields

Might try and hi-jack the thread as well. Got the first anniversary coming up in August and looking somewhere nice with Spa & pool for 3 nights or so. The Missus is Due in Sept so looking for something in Ireland. From Tyrone but don't mind the travelling, would be willing to go as far as Kerry (Just to see what the animals are up to at this time of the year).

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good value deals on at the minute?

Rois

I stayed beside the football ground in Tallaght about a month ago - Maldron?  I hated it.  My room smelled.  It said 4 star - my bum.  It was on the main Tallaght by-pass and was really noisy at night with sirens etc. 

supersarsfields - a friend of mine stayed down in the Europe Hotel in Killarney over the bank holiday weekend.  It cost a fortune I believe, but she said it was lovely. 

gerrykeegan

Quote from: supersarsfields on June 14, 2012, 08:31:27 AM
Might try and hi-jack the thread as well. Got the first anniversary coming up in August and looking somewhere nice with Spa & pool for 3 nights or so. The Missus is Due in Sept so looking for something in Ireland. From Tyrone but don't mind the travelling, would be willing to go as far as Kerry (Just to see what the animals are up to at this time of the year).

Is it your first? I couldn't see you doing all that travelling 8 months pregnant, too many stops, my wife couldnt go more than about 30miles before I got  "I need to stop"

http://www.mountwolseley.ie/ in carlow is really nice, only an hour from Dublin
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

gerrykeegan

Abberley court is right bang in the middle of Tallaght, its beside the square and would be in the older part of Tallaght, not likely too be too quiet, there is a nightclub in it, I vaguely remember being in it.

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Canalman

You'll be grand in either. Both very close to the Square. Cinema, restaurants, McDonalds/Burger King etc nearby and absolutely safe despite the image  problems of Tallaght. Not a great place for good pubs though imvho if that is on your mind.
About a 5 min stroll from each to the Luas terminus.

Cold tea

Quote from: ziggysego on June 14, 2012, 02:14:07 AM

You must blow your load everytime you get to bring this up!!

gawa316

Quote from: gerrykeegan on June 14, 2012, 09:59:44 AM

http://www.mountwolseley.ie/ in carlow is really nice, only an hour from Dublin

Stayed there over the BH wkd, lovely spot. Great for family and deadly golf course

laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on June 14, 2012, 09:59:44 AM
Quote from: supersarsfields on June 14, 2012, 08:31:27 AM

Is it your first? I couldn't see you doing all that travelling 8 months pregnant, too many stops, my wife couldnt go more than about 30miles before I got  "I need to stop"

Very true, it would be very hard on you with the wife being 8 months preggers.
You'll be fit to kill her.
Oh and it might not be that easy for her either.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.