Three Cheers for Pearse Doherty TD

Started by Zapatista, November 03, 2010, 11:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Sinn Fein crying about cutting dole in South but happy to implement punitive welfare reform in the north with the usual default, "we have no choice, the Brits are making us do it".
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 15, 2013, 05:15:04 PM
Pearse Doherty made Edna look very little there!! Offered to give way in his budget response speech to allow the Taoiseach to justify cutting dole payments for under 24's but not challenging Richie Boucher's €800,000 yearly salary as head of BoI. Poor Edna looked very embarrassed before sinking into his seat and declining the opportunity.

Enda Kenny was perfectly right not to respond to the "opportunity" presented by Doherty. People south of the border will not be lectured to on fiscal ethics, or otherwise, by whatever passes as the acceptable face of the Provo's these days.

There is no point listening to these sheep in wolves clothing. Their fangs are always waiting to be bared. We all know the history here, Nally stand and his fellow Sinn Fein party members will eventually resort to the bullet if the ballot box deserts them , and it surely will, once people figure out they have nothing to offer policywise.

btw This is from their economic plan for recovery

QuoteIn the Six Counties, Sinn Féin wants to see the introduction fo tax varying and borrowing powers ot enable the Executive to generate income and stimulate the economy. Securing this will greatly enhance the economic outlook for all the people of Ireland, and will open up the possibility to implement a full and detailed all-Ireland economic growth plan. We are continuing to push the Britihs government to follow through on its commitment to deliver a peace dividend of £18 billion by 2018.

how can you expect a party to govern if they can't even spell properly  ::)

Nally Stand

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 16, 2013, 01:44:49 AM
Pearse Doherty made Edna look very little there!! Offered to give way in his budget response speech to allow the Taoiseach to justify cutting dole payments for under 24's but not challenging Richie Boucher's €800,000 yearly salary as head of BoI. Poor Edna looked very embarrassed before sinking into his seat and declining the opportunity.

Enda Kenny was perfectly right not to respond to the "opportunity" presented by Doherty. People south of the border will not be lectured to on fiscal ethics, or otherwise, by whatever passes as the acceptable face of the Provo's these days.

There is no point listening to these sheep in wolves clothing. Their fangs are always waiting to be bared. We all know the history here, Nally stand and his fellow Sinn Fein party members will eventually resort to the bullet if the ballot box deserts them , and it surely will, once people figure out they have nothing to offer policywise.

btw This is from their economic plan for recovery

QuoteIn the Six Counties, Sinn Féin wants to see the introduction fo tax varying and borrowing powers ot enable the Executive to generate income and stimulate the economy. Securing this will greatly enhance the economic outlook for all the people of Ireland, and will open up the possibility to implement a full and detailed all-Ireland economic growth plan. We are continuing to push the Britihs government to follow through on its commitment to deliver a peace dividend of £18 billion by 2018.

how can you expect a party to govern if they can't even spell properly  ::)
Some very poor grammar from you there Mike. Which is odd, considering the importance you place on correct spelling.

P.S. Up the Provos.  :)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Mike Sheehy

On the contrary, I don't place a great deal of importance on spelling or grammar. However, when it comes to an official policy document published by a party who claim to have serious designs on running the country then I think a certain minimum standard should be maintained.

Anyway, Sinn Fein are a joke of a party and will never have any long term success south of the border. Even at our lowest ebb only the stupidest minority among us chose chairman Mao's knee-capping brigade to represent them.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 16, 2013, 03:12:43 AM
On the contrary, I don't place a great deal of importance on spelling or grammar. However, when it comes to an official policy document published by a party who claim to have serious designs on running the country then I think a certain minimum standard should be maintained.

Anyway, Sinn Fein are a joke of a party and will never have any long term success south of the border. Even at our lowest ebb only the stupidest minority among us chose chairman Mao's knee-capping brigade to represent them.

'MAN OF KERRY'

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Franko

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 15, 2013, 08:13:12 PM

Embarrassing that yourself and the other shinner fanboy lawnseed cannot spell an Irish name like Enda.

I'm not sure you should be lecturing anyone on spelling MGHU.

Because we grew up in and are citizens of the Irish Republic not the non-existant, defunt Irish Free State. I believe most people in the 26 counties feal that when people from the 6 use it, they are either insulting us or making a deliberate effort to refuse or acknowledge the state that even in its worst hours we feal a loyalty and pride in. I think that actually can promote partition because it can get people from the 26 counties backs up, that we have to defend our Republic from people we feal should have a love and a loyalty for the Irish state too.

We will not feal shame for being of the Irish Republic, not matter how many Free State, Traitors, Sold us out, WestBrits jibes thrown at us. One thing that being thrown at us from people from beyond our Island but from other Irish people, it is clearly insulting.

I am proud to be Irish (of the Island).
I am proud to be an Irish citizen.
I am proud of the Irish Republic I was born into and feal a strong bond with it.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Franko on October 16, 2013, 09:10:57 AM

Embarrassing that yourself and the other shinner fanboy lawnseed cannot spell an Irish name like Enda.

Because we grew up in and are citizens of the Irish Republic not the non-existant, defunt Irish Free State. I believe most people in the 26 counties feal that when people from the 6 use it, they are either insulting us or making a deliberate effort to refuse or acknowledge the state that even in its worst hours we feal a loyalty and pride in. I think that actually can promote partition because it can get people from the 26 counties backs up, that we have to defend our Republic from people we feal should have a love and a loyalty for the Irish state too.

We will not feal shame for being of the Irish Republic, not matter how many Free State, Traitors, Sold us out, WestBrits jibes thrown at us. One thing that being thrown at us from people from beyond our Island but from other Irish people, it is clearly insulting.

I am proud of the Irish Republic I was born into and feal a strong bond with it.

At first I fealt felt that you must have edited his quote when I read that Franko, but no. He actually did write that. Unbelievable.

Tubberman

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 16, 2013, 12:23:09 PM

At first I fealt felt that you must have edited his quote when I read that Franko, but no. He actually did write that. Unbelievable.

Even more unbelievable that you went back 2.5 years to find a spelling error. Do ye guys work at all?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

muppet

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1016/480659-post-budget-reaction/

Ms McDonald said it is Sinn Féin's view that the fairest way to balance the books is to levy the burden on people who have more.
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tubberman on October 16, 2013, 12:40:40 PM

Even more unbelievable that you went back 2.5 years to find a spelling error. Do ye guys work at all?

Franko found it, I assume because he remembered it from having replied to it at the time. I only copied & pasted from his post into the the search box. Which probably took about as long as it took you to write the above post.  :)

glens abu

Quote from: muppet on October 16, 2013, 12:50:04 PM

Ms McDonald said it is Sinn Féin's view that the fairest way to balance the books is to levy the burden on people who have more.

Sure you cant take it from those who have nothing.

Franko

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 16, 2013, 12:53:31 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on October 16, 2013, 12:40:40 PM

Franko found it, I assume because he remembered it from having replied to it at the time. I only copied & pasted from his post into the the search box. Which probably took about as long as it took you to write the above post.  :)

That's about it Nally - did a search of my name and the 'word' "feal".  Took about 30-40 seconds.  You are aware of the search function Tubber?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Franko

Good stuff lads - from one guy who post 3 times as often as I do and one 6 times... Dole?

StephenC

Quote from: muppet on October 16, 2013, 12:50:04 PM

At what point does someone cross over from having less to having more? Is that measured in gross income? Disposable income? If you earn more than €42,628.27 then you have more and there will be a 3% tax on all of your earnings - is this the type of thing that they are on about?