Three Cheers for Pearse Doherty TD

Started by Zapatista, November 03, 2010, 11:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Still debating in the Dáil and only couple Opposition TDs present! There is no one from Sinn Féin there now.

Ruairí Quinn is 'addressing the Gallery' because the rest are outside seeking quotable soundbites for the media.

MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

As opposed to the THRONGS of government TDs in attendance during Pearse's speech yesterday. They were probably all sitting in the Dáil bar supping on lovely pints celebrating a job well done.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 07, 2011, 03:05:37 PM
As opposed to the THRONGS of government TDs in attendance during Pearse's speech yesterday. They were probably all sitting in the Dáil bar supping on lovely pints celebrating a job well done.

You, as usual, can't defend anything and resort to an attack which you have simply made up.

Not a single Sinn Féin TD is in the Dáil during a debate on the budget that they supposedly oppose. There are Government TDs (not many mind) and now two FF TDs (there was only one as you can see in the photo). A House of spoofers, media whores and time wasters the lot of them, including and most particularly Sinn Féin.
MWWSI 2017

lynchbhoy

Quote from: muppet on December 07, 2011, 03:09:56 PM

You, as usual, can't defend anything and resort to an attack which you have simply made up.

Not a single Sinn Féin TD is in the Dáil during a debate on the budget that they supposedly oppose. There are Government TDs (not many mind) and now two FF TDs (there was only one as you can see in the photo). A House of spoofers, media whores and time wasters the lot of them, including and most particularly Sinn Féin.
I honestly dont know how you can say that.
imo sf are no worse than any of the rest of them - in acual fact imo inda kenny and a lot of the labour prima dona u-turn brigade are way more predisposed as media whoes than most of sf (with a couple of shinners that spring to mind immediately who could be up to that fg/lab media whore group mark)

Nally Stand

Simply made up? I didn't make anything up. I said there were only a few government TDs in attendance yesterday during Pearse's speech. This is a statement of fact. I also made a tongue-in-cheek remark about them being in the Dáil bar. And if the Dáil was full of opposition TD's right now, would it really make a difference to the outcome  :-\

As for spoofers, I'd put FG/Lab (or 'Fianna Fail' as they may as well be known now) firmly into the "most particularly" category.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 07, 2011, 03:16:58 PM

Simply made up? I didn't make anything up. I said there were only a few government TDs in attendance yesterday during Pearse's speech. This is a statement of fact. I also made a tongue-in-cheek remark about them being in the Dáil bar. And if the Dáil was full of opposition TD's right now, would it really make a difference to the outcome  :-\

As for spoofers, I'd put FG/Lab (or 'Fianna Fail' as they may as well be known now) firmly into the "most particularly" category.

I could do the same now and announce that all of Sinn Féin are 'probably all sitting in the Dáil bar supping on lovely pints celebrating'. However sticking to facts and away from spin, they certainly aren't in the Dáil doing what they were elected to do, and condemning what they were apparently outraged by yesterday.

Sinn Féin are not alone here. All parties and Independents (none present) are guilty too. A few TDs from each party may need to be conducting business elsewhere but they are still supposed to be debating, all paid for by us the taxpayer, and only 5 or 6 are in attendance.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Willie (affidavit) O'Dea calls Quinn a 'liar'!  :D :D :D
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

wheres the poetry muppet now? the guy who was going to champion the vunerable? protect the needy? a voice for the poor? never heard a word from him since he planked his useless ass in the aras
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Evil Genius

Quote from: muppet on December 07, 2011, 02:59:52 PMStill debating in the Dáil and only couple Opposition TDs present! There is no one from Sinn Féin there now.

Ruairí Quinn is 'addressing the Gallery' because the rest are outside seeking quotable soundbites for the media.

Don't worry, the Bill is getting plenty of debate in the Upper House...

;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

lawnseed

Quote from: Evil Genius on December 07, 2011, 06:16:26 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 07, 2011, 02:59:52 PMStill debating in the Dáil and only couple Opposition TDs present! There is no one from Sinn Féin there now.

Don't worry, the Bill is getting plenty of debate in the Upper House...

;)
they saw it a month ago ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Ulick

Nally Stand

Absolutely trampish behaviour from across the floor directed at Pearse Doherty during his speech to the Dáil last night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxPmI7Rc2l8

give her dixie

Disgraceful behaviour all right. He deserved his 15 minutes to speak, but instead was shouted down throughout.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 07, 2013, 10:39:01 AM
Absolutely trampish behaviour from across the floor directed at Pearse Doherty during his speech to the Dáil last night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxPmI7Rc2l8

This really got my goat last night. Probably most significant discussion/bill since the bank guarantee and people were treating it like an old boys club with their whooping and cheering. Absolutely disgusted at the lot of them last night.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

deiseach

13:42 - "Go back to the bar".

Fair comment on his part.