Started by drici, October 29, 2010, 08:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

Bogball XV

Quote from: screenexile on October 29, 2010, 10:59:09 AM
Quote from: drici on October 29, 2010, 08:02:01 AM
Taking over.

Eh???
every post being made by nintythree last night had the tagline "Derry Club football and Hurling" regardless of the thread, so it was coming up as the last post all over the place.

screenexile

I thought it was about the thread taking over the board when really it has been the most posted on thread ever since I joined the board 6 odd years ago.

Some serious amount of shite talked on it though!!

Hoof Hearted

[/quote]
Quote from: screenexile on October 29, 2010, 12:28:59 PM
I thought it was about the thread taking over the board when really it has been the most posted on thread ever since I joined the board 6 odd years ago.

99% of it
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Bogball XV

and it has deteriorated drastically this past year - time was i'd look forward to seeing a few new posts, now, i look in the vain hope that it won't be more shite.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Bogball XV on October 29, 2010, 12:48:26 PM

and it has deteriorated drastically this past year - time was i'd look forward to seeing a few new posts, now, i look in the vain hope that it won't be more shite.

Fair point that there are more WUMs and knobs about on it these days, but would it not also be the case that nobody bothers to post anything interesting or to raise interesting topics/opinions?

I think that maybe a fair few core posters lost a bit of anonymity as the board become more widely known and have since curtailed their posting or quit altogether.

Apathy towards the county team hasn't helped either
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

screenexile

Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 29, 2010, 12:55:49 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on October 29, 2010, 12:48:26 PM

Fair point that there are more WUMs and knobs about on it these days, but would it not also be the case that nobody bothers to post anything interesting or to raise interesting topics/opinions?

I think that maybe a fair few core posters lost a bit of anonymity as the board become more widely known and have since curtailed their posting or quit altogether.

I would agree with that WS. It's really annoying when everyone you talk to is like "who is so and so" and "what about your man isn't he definitely blah blah" It's an internet forum!

I think if people want to be anonymous and not causing too much harm then let them be anonymous, also if you're a wind up merchant you should feck away off!

Bogball XV

Quote from: whiskeysteve on October 29, 2010, 12:55:49 PMFair point that there are more WUMs and knobs about on it these days, but would it not also be the case that nobody bothers to post anything interesting or to raise interesting topics/opinions?

I think even when people do raise interesting topics because they soon get lost amongst the rubbish that's posted about media coverage or fixtures bias or something.

True that apathy towards the county team hasn't helped and neither does the anonymity issue, derry's a small county and most of us are easily identifiable by our own club members.