Voices from the grave - Rte1 Tuesday 26th October - 10.15pm

Started by Minder, October 25, 2010, 04:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Be interesting to see how "unwell" Darkie Hughes was when giving these interviews.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

seafoid

What do you Ulster men think about the 1641 depositions ? Considering what Cromwell did 8 years later I am surprised Mrs Price gets a hearing. Is it any wonder the local catholics threw her in the river considering the previous 40 years ? If they knew what was to come it would have been much worse. 

mylestheslasher

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on October 25, 2010, 04:36:20 PM
Be interesting to see how "unwell" Darkie Hughes was when giving these interviews.
Nally Stand will be along in approximately 26 hours to give us the official (or should that be provisional?!) line on this.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 25, 2010, 09:05:56 PM
Nally Stand will be along in approximately 26 hours to give us the official (or should that be provisional?!) line on this.

And what would you like me to say??
Hopefully I can make it as clever and witty, and above all original as that post Tony!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 25, 2010, 09:27:32 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 25, 2010, 09:05:56 PM

And what would you like me to say??
Hopefully I can make it as clever and witty, and above all original as that post Tony!
Like your use of the Oxford comma in that post.

lynchbhoy

dont think him being unwell was any cause of his bitterness and change of the lifetimes mindset he had. His falling out with army council (and their backing of the sf route) was the only reason.

Kerry Mike

QuoteI read the book and it was fairly convincing.

Am actually reading the book at the moment and nearly finished the section on Hughes (or Qughes as ye call them up there) so good timing with this program. He seems to have had major grieveances with Adams in particular but will we ever know the truth. Probably not.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Kerry Mike on October 26, 2010, 11:38:46 AM

Am actually reading the book at the moment and nearly finished the section on Hughes (or Qughes as ye call them up there) so good timing with this program. He seems to have had major grieveances with Adams in particular but will we ever know the truth. Probably not.
Given a choice between believing Adams and the Dark, I'd believe Hughes.  The way I see it is this, Hughes, Price et al really don't have any real reason to lie, Adams has.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Nally Stand

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 26, 2010, 06:56:06 PM
Given a choice between believing Adams and the Dark, I'd believe Hughes.
Shocking.

The way I see it is this, Hughes, Price et al really don't have any real reason to lie

Apart from the fact that they all had/have the desire to discredit Adams and the SF peace strategy, which they vehemently opposed.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

pintsofguinness

Given a choice between believing Adams and the Dark, I'd believe Hughes.  The way I see it is this, Hughes, Price et al really don't have any real reason to lie, Adams has.
What?! Of course they have reason to lie!!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 26, 2010, 07:32:42 PM

What?! Of course they have reason to lie!!
How's that then?

pintsofguinness

Just like your mate nally stand says - they see adams and co as sell outs, they want to discredit them and their strategy.  I wouldn't believe either crowd, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle though.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 26, 2010, 07:40:15 PM
Just like your mate nally stand says - they see adams and co as sell outs, they want to discredit them and their strategy.  I wouldn't believe either crowd, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle though.

Finally!  ;D.

Pints, I agree completely.