Winter 2010/11

Started by Gaaman, October 25, 2010, 12:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaaman

Today it was minus 6 at 06:30.

I went out this morning and started the car and cleared the windscreen with luke warm water. Came back out and it had frozen over again.

I had no gloves and knowing the steering wheel would be cold I looked around for a substitute. There were socks hanging on the rail over the cooker. Perfect. Sock mittens were born.

Need to buy de-froster tonight. Clocks go back next weekend. Depression as will be traveling to and from work in the dark.

Nally Stand

Hope you have plenty of the good stuff

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ziggysego

Ah dry up, the crisp clean air will blow the cobwebs away  ;D
Testing Accessibility

Gaaman

Lets get a Gaaboard sweep stake of when the first snow will be. Its coming.
I vote for Ziggy to sort it out. Thanks mate.

Canalman

Bar last year we imo have had a long run of mild winters and are due some cold ones. Maybe it is "nostalgia" but winters seemed to be colder when I was younger.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Canalman on October 25, 2010, 01:39:06 PM
Bar last year we imo have had a long run of mild winters and are due some cold ones. Maybe it is "nostalgia" but winters seemed to be colder when I was younger.

You just had a skirt on so was bound to be colder ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gaaman

Quote from: Canalman on October 25, 2010, 01:39:06 PM

Probably because you were outside more when younger now your sitting up in a central heated office. You were cold when young out standing for the bus in the mornings. Similar to people who say 'you don't see frog spawn anymore I used to see it all the time when I was young' you just aren't jumping about rivers anymore.

beer baron

Anyone living in the more rural parts of Cavan have been told to stock up on food,water and fuel as this winter is expected to be worse than last years  :-[

Gaaman

Quote from: beer baron on October 25, 2010, 01:47:47 PM
Anyone living in the more rural parts of Cavan have been told to stock up on food,water and fuel as this winter is expected to be worse than last years  :-[

ASDA have great deals on drink at the minute. Best stock up just in case your trapped indoors with the woman.

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 25, 2010, 12:20:08 PM

Hope you have plenty of the good stuff

What's that, Harney droppings?
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: beer baron on October 25, 2010, 01:47:47 PM

Is it also because FF are going to ride all over everyone in the budget so you better get it now while you have money in your pockets!!!

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Rois

Winter approaching = ski time!!

One holiday booked to Italy, another about to be booked to France.

I love the winter.