Winter 2010/11

Started by Gaaman, October 25, 2010, 12:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Nally Stand

At this rate I'm starting to think this pick should in fact have been the inaugural "Nally Stand's Caption Competition" #1

Keep 'er lit  :D (pardon the pun!)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: Rois on October 25, 2010, 02:36:29 PM
Winter approaching = ski time!!

One holiday booked to Italy, another about to be booked to France.

I love the winter.

Where's a good ski resort? and cheap?!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Rois

Never skied before?  Go to Andorra, saw a holiday in the travel agent window this morn - £200 self catering for w/c 8 Jan, then add about £200 for lift pass and ski hire and a bit more if you need lessons.  As cheap as you'll get.

Going to France in Jan for £450 plus lift pass and ski hire on top.  Cheap for what you get but you could def do it soooo much cheaper, I just want a bit of luxury. 

Berlin

-6 phew

That's cold. What part of the country are you from?

Gaaman

Quote from: Berlin on October 25, 2010, 03:08:29 PM
-6 phew

That's cold. What part of the country are you from?

Donaghmore.

Berlin

Funny I was going to say you must be from Birr. You're only a good spit away from the place there in Donaghmore. I love the cold winter spells. 

Gaaman

Quote from: Berlin on October 25, 2010, 03:20:15 PM
Funny I was going to say you must be from Birr. You're only a good spit away from the place there in Donaghmore. I love the cold winter spells.

Classic.  :D

ONeill

-6 this morning on the eastern shores of Lough Neagh. Not feckin November yet too.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

MadMayo

tyrone girl

Quote from: ONeill on October 25, 2010, 03:41:45 PM
-6 this morning on the eastern shores of Lough Neagh. Not feckin November yet too.

Yep was desperate. Took my banger of a car about 5 attempts to start  >:(

ross4life

Didn't think it got down to -6 already

I love the winter.

Not for me

Winter time = find some where warm

Looking at Cyprus,Canary Islands & Miami

Skiing is a high risk of injury & injury is last thing i want over the Winter months 
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Gaaman

Quote from: tyrone girl on October 25, 2010, 04:32:23 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 25, 2010, 03:41:45 PM

Yep was desperate. Took my banger of a car about 5 attempts to start  >:(

Can mind having to run an old Clio I used to have down the hill every morning to get it going.

Quote from: ross4life on October 25, 2010, 04:40:20 PM
Didn't think it got down to -6 already

I love the winter.

Not for me

Winter time = find some where warm

Looking at Cyprus,Canary Islands & Miami

Skiing is a high risk of injury & injury is last thing i want over the Winter months 

Believe it Ross.

The Real Laoislad

Love the cold weather.
Don't know what ye are complaining about anyway,most of ye have nice cosy warm offices or classrooms to go to for work.
I always find it funny where I hear of a place sending the staff home because the heating isn't working,shower of wimps the lot of ye.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gaaman

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 25, 2010, 08:14:44 PM
Love the cold weather.
Don't know what ye are complaining about anyway,most of ye have nice cosy warm offices or classrooms to go to for work.
I always find it funny where I hear of a place sending the staff home because the heating isn't working,shower of wimps the lot of ye.

I expect to be sent home from work if there is no punjana tea bags left on a cold morning.