"Several dead" in helicopter crash in Mourne mountains

Started by Minder, October 23, 2010, 08:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

a very sad sunday morning in somebodies house.  may they rest in peace.

Four feared dead in chopper crash

(UKPA) – 1 hour ago

Up to four people are feared dead after a helicopter crash in Northern Ireland.

It is believed the craft came down in the Mourne Mountains in Co Down.

Police, mountain rescue teams and coastguards were involved in a search operation after reports of a crash at 4pm on Saturday.

The site is thought to be the Leitrim Lodge picnic area near Hilltown.

Police said the exact nature of injuries was still being established.

Members of the public spotted a helicopter in the area and believed its engine sounded abnormally loud.

The emergency services later received reports that an aircraft was in difficulties.

Chartered helicopter flights in the region are a relatively common sight, with golfing groups and wedding parties known to have used them in the past. There was no immediate confirmation of the nature of yesterday's flight.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: muppet on October 24, 2010, 02:12:03 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on October 24, 2010, 01:48:46 AM
Quote from: Tonto on October 23, 2010, 11:27:26 PM
Would anyone here genuinely celebrate the death of someone who has never done any harm just because of their occupation?
would any one here be genuinely upset if it turns out to be  4 members of the RAF or SAS?
key word being genuinely

At the moment we know an accident occurred where people died. Any self respecting individual would have sympathy for the deceased and their families.

If it turns out that a pedophile priest, a Nazi executioner or the Devil himself was on board I might revise my stance. However I am not the sort to pray that accidents victims might turn out to be people I don't like.

So it's RIP and sympathies to the families.

a veery sensible post here
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ardmhachaabu

From the Beeb, updated a few minutes ago
QuoteThree dead after Mourne Mountains helicopter crash
Three people from south-eastern England have died in a helicopter crash in the Mourne Mountains on Saturday.

The dead are the pilot and two passengers who were in Northern Ireland for a a day of shooting in County Fermanagh.

The PSNI is speaking to the Metropolitan Police about contacting the families of those who died.

Air accident investigators are due at the crash scene on Sunday morning.

The helicopter is believed to have taken off from Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, and crashed about 1600 BST on Saturday near Hilltown.

Mountain rescue teams, the Ambulance service and the Fire and Rescue Service were involved in the crash aftermath.

The helicopter crashed in an area known locally as Leitrim Lodge between Hilltown and Rostrevor.

It is understood to be a medium-sized Agusta helicopter capable of carrying up to eight people.

South Down MP Margaret Ritchie said she was "very saddened" to hear of the crash.

"On behalf of the people of South Down and those I represent, I offer my deepest and most heartfelt sympathies to the families of the bereaved at this most tragic time."

Hereiam has a certain outlook which led me to believe he was hoping that the dead were military personnel by his question
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Tonto

Would anyone here genuinely celebrate the death of someone who has never done any harm just because of their occupation?
would any one here be genuinely upset if it turns out to be  4 members of the RAF or SAS?
key word being genuinely
You are aware that between black and white there is an array of different colours, aren't you?  It doesn't have to be "celebrate" or "be upset".

rosnarun

key word being genuinely

At the moment we know an accident occurred where people died. Any self respecting individual would have sympathy for the deceased and their families.

If it turns out that a pedophile priest, a Nazi executioner or the Devil himself was on board I might revise my stance. However I am not the sort to pray that accidents victims might turn out to be people I don't like.

so it does make a difference then   , just as long as they fit fit into your defined categories of approved and non approved  people to died.
Does this philosophy   apply to car crashes or just the more high profile (NPI) plane and helicopter crashes
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

muppet

Quote from: rosnarun on October 25, 2010, 01:26:28 AM
key word being genuinely

so it does make a difference then   , just as long as they fit fit into your defined categories of approved and non approved  people to died.
Does this philosophy   apply to car crashes or just the more high profile (NPI) plane and helicopter crashes

Yes you are correct. Every time I hear of a fatal accident I quickly recall all of the people that I wish died the last time there was an accident and I pray that the deceased might include one of them. Revised of course to include those I wished dead the last time that did actually die. Very political stuff this reading of accidents. I never know whether to sympathise with families and friends or to celebrate that maybe someone might have hated them.

How do you filter deaths/bad news?
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

This thread is pathetic.

Four people were killed and we have dicks like ardmhacaabu and tonto tripping over themselves to get up on their moral high horses about percieved reactions if it had been a military flight. It wasn't a military flight ardmhaca/tonto; and nobody clearly said what you are busting yourselves to ridicule them for saying; so can you come down from these high horses and leave out the crap so the thread can get back on topic?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 25, 2010, 08:38:43 AM
This thread is pathetic.

Four people were killed and we have dicks like ardmhacaabu and tonto tripping over themselves to get up on their moral high horses about percieved reactions if it had been a military flight. It wasn't a military flight ardmhaca/tonto; and nobody clearly said what you are busting yourselves to ridicule them for saying; so can you come down from these high horses and leave out the crap so the thread can get back on topic?
If I was to call you a retarded idiot, it would be an insult to retarded idiots.  Most people who have read this thread know what hereiam was getting at.

OTOH, you seem to need help with the basics like reading and understanding what you have read.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Franko

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 25, 2010, 04:46:31 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 25, 2010, 08:38:43 AM
This thread is pathetic.

If I was to call you a retarded idiot, it would be an insult to retarded idiots.  Most people who have read this thread know what hereiam was getting at.

OTOH, you seem to need help with the basics like reading and understanding what you have read.

Most people thought it was a genuine question.  Only pricks like you managed to come with another motive for it.  It says more about you than anyone else that you tried your level best to be offended. You clown.

ardmhachaabu

Really franko?

Let's see what he had to say when he answered for himself

Quote from: Hereiam on October 23, 2010, 11:19:58 PM
Now we all know it makes a big difference in this small corner of Ireland

You win 2nd place in GAABoard Mr Stupid competitiion.  Nally Stand already got 1st place

Nally Stand

"Mr Stupid Competitions" - Mature one ardmhaca.

I've made my point, either talk about the point of the thread and stop trying to make a halo for yourself by constant posts which twistin words from ONE SINGLE SOLITARY post or slide on to a different thread.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 25, 2010, 05:49:28 PM
"Mr Stupid Competitions" - Mature one ardmhaca.

I've made my point, either talk about the point of the thread and stop trying to make a halo for yourself by constant posts which twistin words from ONE SINGLE SOLITARY post or slide on to a different thread.
I have stated my case and it is relevant to the thread.  I am just surprised you didn't piss your pants and tell the world when it came out that one of the dead is a friend of Charlie

Capt Pat

I just saw on the news that it was a load of English toffs that kicked the bucket. Gadzooks.

Hereiam

ardmhachaabu go away and lay down in a dark room. The facts are coming out now. Rich English toffs over here probably on one off the big estates in fermanagh that the british government still hold actin the big fella's. The pilot was an Ex RUC officer. All in all wouldn't be at all to bothered about it, just glad no Irish citizens were killed/injured around the area were it came down.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Hereiam on October 25, 2010, 06:43:41 PM
ardmhachaabu go away and lay down in a dark room. The facts are coming out now. Rich English toffs over here probably on one off the big estates in fermanagh that the british government still hold actin the big fella's. The pilot was an Ex RUC officer. All in all wouldn't be at all to bothered about it, just glad no Irish citizens were killed/injured around the area were it came down.
You are an obnoxious moron.  They have families and loved ones no matter who they are.