O'Byrne Cup 2011

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 17, 2010, 11:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

heffo

That was the beginning of the end of his Dublin season last year.

ross4life

http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/3418/DCU39s-Roche-denies-Louth-in.6091464.jp

I wonder will the losing O'Byrne Cup finalist have the same misfortune in this years Championship?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Atticus_Finch

Are all games going ahead does anyone know ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Lone Shark

Offaly vs DCU going ahead, moved to Ferbane.

laoisgaa

All games still going ahead. As Lone Shark said Offaly-DCU moved to Ferbane; Westmeath-Dublin now in St Loman's GAA Club, Lakepoint Park, Mullingar. Wexford game is in Enniscorthy.

14:00 O'Byrne Cup SF - Westmeath v Dublin @ St Loman's, Mullingar
14:00 O'Byrne Cup SF - Wexford v D.I.T. @ Enniscorthy
14:00 O'Byrne Cup SF - Kildare v Longford @ Newbridge
14:00 O'Byrne Cup SF - Offaly v D.C.U. @ Ferbane
14:00 O'Byrne Cup SF - Meath v U.C.D. @ Pairc Tailteann
14:00 O'Byrne Cup SF - Carlow v Kilkenny @ Carlow
14:00 O'Byrne Cup SF - Louth v A.I.T. @ Drogheda
14:00 O'Byrne Cup SF - Laois v Wicklow @ Portlaoise

stevecw

As we were getting a bit too good at the Bihatimber competition, runners up in 09 and winners last year I see the Leinster council have come up with a way of trying to stop us. Gave us a home draw in main cup at home to Kilkenny so we won't be involved in Bihatimber Cup this year.

It was the only trophy we've won in last 8 years, and it would be a nice one to defend. So if Kilkenny beat us tomorrow (which might not be a crazy as it sounds with loads of our guys not involved), everyone will understand why ;)

INDIANA

Dublin match off.

Disgraceful stuff by the Westmeath County Board. Turnip heads every last one of them.

Pitch was frozen solid at 10 am this morning. A local ref passed it playable they claim (my arse)

Pitch was frozen solid at 1.15pm the official ref walked it and declared it unplayable. Team had already travelled obviously.

The Westmeath County Board knew that pitch was never going to be playable. Tulips every last one of them.

Donnellys Hollow

Kildare 0-16 Lonford 0-08

Handy enough win. Obviously wasn't the strongest Longford side without Kavanagh and McGee.

Connolly didn't have a lot to deal with but he looked a lot more confident than some of the other lads that have been tried in goals over the last few years. He should be given a decent run at it in the League. Callaghan was the best player on the field and Mick Foley looked sharp. Hopefully he'll stay injury free because I always feel Kildare are a better team when he plays. Mark O'Sullivan kicked some nice points and O'Flaherty gave an exhibition of kicking. Moolick and Dowling showed well throughout. They're both far from the finished article but at 18 years of age they both have plenty of potential.

I hope that Daryl Flynn is cleared to play in the League because we might struggle a bit around the middle against better midfield pairings. Hard to know how many of today's team will still be featuring come the middle of May but it's good to see plenty of the fringe players pushing hard for places.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

KIDDO 4

Meath v UCD  is refixed for Tuesday evening next 7.30 Navan.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: INDIANA on January 09, 2011, 04:17:26 PM
Dublin match off.

Disgraceful stuff by the Westmeath County Board. Turnip heads every last one of them.

Pitch was frozen solid at 10 am this morning. A local ref passed it playable they claim (my arse)

Pitch was frozen solid at 1.15pm the official ref walked it and declared it unplayable. Team had already travelled obviously.

The Westmeath County Board knew that pitch was never going to be playable. Tulips every last one of them.

If that's true that's worse than disgraceful. Presumed (after driving down for it to be met by a load of cars pulling out of the pitch) that some lazy bollox hadn't bothered to check the pitch this morning because it is "all-weather". Stupid fcukers, the roads around Mullingar were like an ice rink in parts, no thought or consideration for anyone  >:(
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

INDIANA

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 09, 2011, 09:33:16 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 09, 2011, 04:17:26 PM
Dublin match off.

If that's true that's worse than disgraceful. Presumed (after driving down for it to be met by a load of cars pulling out of the pitch) that some lazy bollox hadn't bothered to check the pitch this morning because it is "all-weather". Stupid fcukers, the roads around Mullingar were like an ice rink in parts, no thought or consideration for anyone  >:(

Just blessed I didnt travel. Only for a late family commitment I was all set to go. With no club action a serious amount of the die-hard dublin fans went all the way down. You'd want to see the pics of the pitch someone sent me on their phone. White as a sheet. It was never playable. Tuesday night isnt ideal for players of either county. Especially in the current economic climate.

laoisgaa

Navan

St Lomans, Mullingar

Ballyhaunis though takes the biscuit!

laoisgaa

Anyone know if LMFM are doing the Meath-UCD game tonight?

Westmeath-Dublin is live on Midlands 103 - www.midlands103.com

Declan

Westmeath 0-9 Dublin 1-1- HT