Directions please

Started by tyrone girl, October 17, 2010, 06:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Probably a stupid question and should probably have an idea but anyway, I have to go to an appointment in the Royal tommorrow but from looking at the map thing i have to go to outpatients centre which seems to be away at far end of it on Grosvenor Road. I was gona park at the Park Centre and walk over is that a bad idea or is there handier place to park etc (imagine the visitors car park would be a nightmare). Any help greatly appreciated cos havnt a clue where im going

Square Ball

Quote from: tyrone girl on October 17, 2010, 06:21:24 PM
Probably a stupid question and should probably have an idea but anyway, I have to go to an appointment in the Royal tommorrow but from looking at the map thing i have to go to outpatients centre which seems to be away at far end of it on Grosvenor Road. I was gona park at the Park Centre and walk over is that a bad idea or is there handier place to park etc (imagine the visitors car park would be a nightmare). Any help greatly appreciated cos havnt a clue where im going

its about a 10 minute walk from the park centre to the grosvenor rd, up broadway road first right and follow the road, easy peasy. Not sure what the car parks are like in the hospital
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

tyrone girl

Where is Broadway Road? I hate going to these places on my own cos havnt a notion

Orior

Quote from: tyrone girl on October 17, 2010, 06:51:52 PM
Where is Broadway Road? I hate going to these places on my own cos havnt a notion

Hey sweetie,

Is it the maternity ward you're after?  :P

Here's a map and directions

http://www.belfasttrust.hscni.net/hospitals/MapsRoyalSite.htm
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

pintsofguinness

Quote from: tyrone girl on October 17, 2010, 06:21:24 PM
what's wrong with you?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

flantheman82

Depends on what time your appointment is. Would be ok parking in hospital car parks if your arriving before 9 for a morning appointment or before 12.30/1 for an afternoon appointment.
Car parks cheap enough and secure so I'd try for there rather than park centre.
However, park centre is your next best bet if the timing doesn't suit as I wouldn't recommend parking on the streets. Just walk out of park centre car park, take a left and stay left. Turn up the first road on the left. Thats broadway road. Cross at the traffic lights and that's you onto the royal site. Dander left at the first roundabout and just follow the road right the whole way round until you reach the main hospital where inside, go past the shop, up the escalators and right on to the end of the corridor where there are lifts to the outpatient building.
Bit long winded but should help you, I hope.

Hoof Hearted

yes, park in the Royal, but leave yourself plenty of time. you may have to queue to get in to them
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Orior

You see how much we all care for you Tyrone Girl?

tyrone girl

Hmmm

Appointments at 11 30 so would car park be too much bother at that time? Was gona leave home at 9 45 or so

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone girl on October 17, 2010, 11:28:46 PM
Hmmm

Appointments at 11 30 so would car park be too much bother at that time? Was gona leave home at 9 45 or so
[/quote

Perfect.

Park in Royal Car Park.

WeeDonns

I parked at the park centre a few weeks back when I was in the royal for an appointment and I came back to a big sticker on my window saying that their car park was for customers only.
It was a complete nightmare to get it off my window!

Orior

Quote from: WeeDonns on October 18, 2010, 09:08:09 AM
I parked at the park centre a few weeks back when I was in the royal for an appointment and I came back to a big sticker on my window saying that their car park was for customers only.
It was a complete nightmare to get it off my window!

Hmmmm, I could do with one of those stickers to hold my car together.

tyrone girl

Thanks all those who gave sensible answers. Got sorted. Went on into the Royal car park but feck there was some queue into it at that time but got sorted and got to the app 5 mins to spare so thats that sorted. Ta

ziggysego

Did you get on ok at the doctor's?
Testing Accessibility