Trapped

Started by maggie, October 12, 2010, 08:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

This is incredible viewing!!!

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Carmen Stateside

Great moment seeing the first man out.  Good luck to them all.

Gabriel_Hurl

The second fella enjoyed that!!

Brought them rocks as presents

gerry

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 13, 2010, 05:20:42 AM
The second fella enjoyed that!!

Brought them rocks as presents

no chance of him staying in hospital
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Bud Wiser

Sky News are bringing in their own engineers and Health & Safety. They want the wheel on the derek to turn at a rate of rise of .0000012 meters per second which means this could run for two or three months.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Bogball XV

Maybe there's something wrong with me, but a footnote at the end of the news telling me that the 30 odd miners in chile have now been rescued would be more than enough for me.  I don't want to see the footage (well maybe of the wives and mistressess and miners all meeting would be good), I am glad they're being saved, but it's gets a bit tiresome hearing about this as headline news, as we will for the next week or so.

Capt Pat

It is over the top coverage, but at the same time, it is entertaining. That is why it is on all the time. I bet if people stopped watching and phoned in complaining they would move on to something else.

Norf Tyrone

It's fantastic coverage. Isn't it good to see good news for a change.

However SKY sickened me when they suggested that the second fella up may have milked the situation in order to generate more interest from the subsequent media bidding wars.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Orior

This is a wonderful uplifting story.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Geoff Tipps

Puckoon

Quote from: Bogball XV on October 13, 2010, 10:16:12 AM
Maybe there's something wrong with me, but a footnote at the end of the news telling me that the 30 odd miners in chile have now been rescued would be more than enough for me.  I don't want to see the footage (well maybe of the wives and mistressess and miners all meeting would be good), I am glad they're being saved, but it's gets a bit tiresome hearing about this as headline news, as we will for the next week or so.

Funny enough I feel the same - but the women at home and work can't get enough of this. I suppose as someone else said beneath you bogball -isnt it great to see good news for a change.

Orior

Quote from: ziggysego on October 13, 2010, 12:25:44 PM
Quote from: Orior on October 13, 2010, 12:19:39 PM
This is a wonderful uplifting story.

Boom Boom ;)

Eeeek. Would you believe that I didnt mean that?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Boycey

Quote from: Puckoon on October 13, 2010, 06:15:05 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on October 13, 2010, 10:16:12 AM

Funny enough I feel the same - but the women at home and work can't get enough of this. I suppose as someone else said beneath you bogball -isnt it great to see good news for a change.

I'm normally a bit of a cynic ( just read my posts!!) but I'm strangely enthralled by this. Picked up the wee fella from school today and we watched three hours straight on Sky news and boy did he ask some questions, I suppose its hard to get your head round when you're 9. Hes wants to know why they can't just put an elevator down and take them all out.

Think the fascination for me is that there is still the potential for disaster