Hardy Bucks

Started by MadMayo, October 10, 2010, 10:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

I thought it was a load of dung. There was nothing clever about it unless you think a pile of eejits using local slang is clever. If you do I recommend kilnascully and rest of the crap pat short gets paid to put on rte.

muppet

"I met a girl in the George........I dropped the clutch but the handbrake was up!"
MWWSI 2017

MadMayo

Have to say its hilarious tonight......  :D

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ONeill

Jaysus I must be getting too old in tooth. Thought it was worse. Almost horrific. To me there was so much potential but the acting was absolute shit and the jokes have all been done.

Hopefully just me and I'll accept the torrent of abuse.

I can imagine the 16-24s liking it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Cosmo Kramer

Huge improvement this week, that had me in stitches at times.

Delighted its going well for them.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

fitzroyalty

Would consider myself a Bucks connouser but that was shite IMO...maybe I need to watch it again. The original interview web episode on which that was based was far funnier. They've changed some of the jokes and if anything it has made it less funny. The Viper's character is taking a bashing with these scripts, his original sayings were far better. It's also a bit more PC than I would like..

MadMayo

That was a great scene with yer man outside the window going on about GAA training the whole time while the Viper ignored him.
Then the roll down of the window..

"f*ck off!"
Anyone know that tune the viper plays in the car......

ballinaman

Just saw on facebook...

"You look like you smell of piss" - The Viper     :D :D :D

Can't wait to see it now when it goes up on youtube, rte player has it blocked...the feck wankers!

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: ONeill on October 19, 2010, 11:22:02 PM
Jaysus I must be getting too old in tooth. Thought it was worse. Almost horrific. To me there was so much potential but the acting was absolute shit and the jokes have all been done.

Hopefully just me and I'll accept the torrent of abuse.

I can imagine the 16-24s liking it.

You still haven't told us what you do find funny O'Neill. It might be easier to figure out why you're not getting this then.

ONeill

I just thought your question was pointless for the reason that you offer it. Everyone is different.

To try to answer it - there are bits and pieces of everything from Fr Ted to Frankie Boyle to Fawlty Towers to Blackadder to Will Ferrell - I cannot pigeonhole one comic or comedy as a definitive comedy for me. Some acts, some scenes.

I just find Hardy Bucks offers the odd smile. I can force a laugh if I buy into the idea that it's innovative but I'd be kidding myself. The comedy tries to be natural but is horribly forced/scripted (for me). To amplify that point, you only have to look at the two posts above yours.

ballinaman

There is a definite generation gap when it comes to Hardy Bucks for the most part, although my auld lad is in his 60's and thinks it's hilarious. Some of the lines in the show are ridiculous but I grew up listening to sayings of the same ilk from lads who aren't far off the Hardy bucks.

Thats fair enough ONeill, comedy is subjective, like I can't stand the big bang theory while others think it's hilarious.

ONeill

Thought I liked the Big Bang Theory but agree, twas dung.

ballinaman

Quote from: ONeill on October 20, 2010, 12:54:36 AM
Thought I liked the Big Bang Theory but agree, twas dung.
Ya, i dunno. That show just gets on my nerves. Can't even bring myself to watch it even though the bird in it is a cracker...and thats same something. Chargers special teams are biggest comedy act of the year so far tho :-[