Hardy Bucks

Started by MadMayo, October 10, 2010, 10:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Think it was really good, very different from the youtube ones but still good. Hardy bucks is one of those things thats hard to get in to, but once you do get into it you love it...take it fuckin handy, creeps!

ONeill

The comedy was forced. There were some funny lines but disappointing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

MadMayo

Thought it was quiet good, would have loved to have seen oul Mick pissing about on the farm.....

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: ONeill on October 13, 2010, 12:12:53 AM

A lot if these things are in the eye of the beholder of course. Just for comparison O'Neill, who do you consider funny? Who'd be your favourite comics or comedy shows?

Personally, I think the Bucks are fantastic, and the fitting successors to Pat Shortt, who's been mailing it in for years now.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on October 10, 2010, 11:46:55 PM
Just finished In A Strange Room by Damon Galgut. Only managed to read three of the six Booker short listers (Room and C the others) - the result is on Tues evening and personally it'd be Room (loosely based on the Fritzl case). However, Galgut's novel is rich in geographical references and the first person/third person narrative might be the next big thing and that might just swing it. C is favourite.

I thought Hardy Bucks was rich in geographical references, it mentioned Castlebar AND Ibiza...and the first/third person narrative was fiersh cool altogether.

Seriously though, I thought it was a good start and a hell of a lot better than RTE's other comedy efforts. Hopefully here to stay.

p.s.

I am the only one who finds a lot of them familiar (I don't know any of them) or maybe it is just a Mayo thing?

MWWSI 2017

Bogball XV

I've never been a huge fan and last night didn't do much for me at all - I've a pile of Mayo mates who all think it's hilarious though and I definitely recognise a lot of the sayings and accents from them boys.

ballinaman

Seems like it's a love em or "meh" kind of vibe towards the bucks.It doesn't really matter where you are from in order to enjoy it though, I've a rake of friends from Dublin who think it's hilarious...one even from the depths of the southside.

fitzroyalty

I and loads of other love it and we're in the North! Unreeeel viper!

The Real Laoislad

The biggest load of shite I have ever watched.. even worse than watching Ulster football.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ExiledGael

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 13, 2010, 05:59:25 PM
The biggest load of shite I have ever watched.. even worse than watching Ulster football.

Have to agree with LL here. Can't say I even smiled once at it.
The I Am Fighter episodes are ten times better, but I'm not sure they would even translate that well to a TV series.

ziggysego

I was never a fan of the YouTube stuff, so didn't even bother tuning into RTE. I figured it would be even worse.
Testing Accessibility

southdown

Aul French Toast loves his Buckfast!

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2010, 02:56:25 AM

Just finished In A Strange Room by Damon Galgut. Only managed to read three of the six Booker short listers (Room and C the others) - the result is on Tues evening and personally it'd be Room (loosely based on the Fritzl case). However, Galgut's novel is rich in geographical references and the first person/third person narrative might be the next big thing and that might just swing it. C is favourite.

I thought Hardy Bucks was rich in geographical references, it mentioned Castlebar AND Ibiza...and the first/third person narrative was fiersh cool altogether.

Seriously though, I thought it was a good start and a hell of a lot better than RTE's other comedy efforts. Hopefully here to stay.

p.s.

I am the only one who finds a lot of them familiar (I don't know any of them) or maybe it is just a Mayo thing?

Yeah, it's a Mayo thing, the humour and sayings are familiar to the talk you would get from auld stock families in Castlebar. Castletown is really Swinford which is only 16 miles from Castlebar. Scares me the familiarity and brings back memories of my youth in the '90's. Alot of the talk is from Cant (Gaelic t**ker langauge).

Hardy

These bucks are giving us bucks a bad name.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 18, 2010, 02:26:13 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2010, 02:56:25 AM

p.s.

Yeah, it's a Mayo thing, the humour and sayings are familiar to the talk you would get from auld stock families in Castlebar. Castletown is really Swinford which is only 16 miles from Castlebar. Scares me the familiarity and brings back memories of my youth in the '90's. Alot of the talk is from Cant (Gaelic t**ker langauge).

I'm from Mayo too and it's just young bucks talking like young bucks would anywhere in Mayo.