The Apprentice 2010-2011

Started by Square Ball, October 06, 2010, 10:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 18, 2011, 07:20:17 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 18, 2011, 06:37:11 PM
Susan's idea was the best one there. She'll make money.

Not anything worthwhile and maybe soon it will be nothing. 

She has never had any of her products tested and won't be going beyond flogging out a non-brand product over a market stall. Without testing she is treading a dangerous line.

She could never get into a large chain store as all of them are tied into franchises with the multi-million pound cosmetic firms.  The nearest comparison would be the Body Shop but Susan seems to be a kitchen chemist or has someone who is one and is mixing the brew and bottling it.  It would be interesting to see if trading standards pay her a visit to analyse the products.  Paying cash to a handful of students is nothing compared to being sued by your customers when they realised last night that there had been no testing on animals or humans!
She said 10,000 people have used her cosmetics so that's a good sized study. No further data required your honour.

Maguire01

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 18, 2011, 07:20:17 PM
She could never get into a large chain store as all of them are tied into franchises with the multi-million pound cosmetic firms. 
So no new range of cosmetics can be stocked in Boots, Tesco etc? I don't buy that.

Sorry to bring race into it but it sounds like Susan is just doing what many of her compatriots do - take a good product and copy it with cheaper ingredients - fine for a market stall, in fact perfect for it, but as if any of the big retailers are going to end their cosy relationship with their suppliers for a product that is going to reduce their profit margins... 
O'Neills Therapist

Santino

Whats Jim up to now anyone know?

lurganblue

I see Tom is now on twitter. Any sign of old Jim joining up?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lurganblue on July 19, 2011, 08:26:11 AM
I see Tom is now on twitter. Any sign of old Jim joining up?
@Jim_Eastwood_

Maguire01

Quote from: 02 on July 18, 2011, 08:49:41 PM
Sorry to bring race into it but it sounds like Susan is just doing what many of her compatriots do - take a good product and copy it with cheaper ingredients - fine for a market stall, in fact perfect for it, but as if any of the big retailers are going to end their cosy relationship with their suppliers for a product that is going to reduce their profit margins...
How do you know anything about the quality of her ingredients or products?

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 19, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

So you expect designer labels and expensive beauty products to be sold at a market stall? Not if Notts corner is anything to go by!
O'Neills Therapist

Maguire01

Quote from: 02 on July 20, 2011, 07:04:37 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 19, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

So you expect designer labels and expensive beauty products to be sold at a market stall? Not if Notts corner is anything to go by!
Greenwich Market is not Nutts Corner.

And obviously you won't have expensive beauty products at a market stall. Do you know what makes them expensive?

the Deel Rover

Found myself watching this the past couple of weeks . Jesus your wan from the wee six is wild annoying.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

qubdub

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 14, 2013, 10:23:18 AM
Found myself watching this the past couple of weeks . Jesus your wan from the wee six is wild annoying.
Agreed, she needs a good seeing to I reckon. She goes out with Frazer Foster of Glasgow Celtic goalkeeping fame.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: qubdub on June 14, 2013, 10:29:04 AM
Agreed, she needs a good seeing to I reckon. She goes out with Frazer Foster of Glasgow Celtic goalkeeping fame.

Famous?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2013, 11:09:49 AM

Famous?

How on earth did you know that piece of information? Anyway, my missus thinks she had her lips done.

The Apprentice is a great show, but is nearing the end of its natural life.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Orior on June 14, 2013, 11:14:31 AM

Famous?

How on earth did you know that piece of information? Anyway, my missus thinks she had her lips done.

So does mine
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 14, 2013, 11:43:45 AM
Quote from: Orior on June 14, 2013, 11:14:31 AM

Famous?

So does mine

Which ones?  :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea