GAA Betting - All Info Appreciated.

Started by youbetterbelieveit, October 01, 2010, 06:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keane

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 02, 2013, 08:50:50 PM
Spot on catchandkick Cork were given too much credit and the odds were correct. The Dublin panel is becoming stronger by the year.

Yeah the fact that Conor Counihan named a dummy team that was weaker than the actual team was a hoot :(

Like Mayo and Longford this weekend, Limerick are also way too big with a couple of bookies IMO.

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/the-proper-punter/the-proper-punter-national-league-round-2/

SHEEDY

wonder how many accums were let down by monaghan? didnt see that result coming.
nil satis nisi optimum

catchandkick

Mine was.

Bet on
Chelsea -1
Monaghan
Dublin -1

Was nearly 6/1, pity. Next weekend I shall recoup the losses of these last two weekends!

beer baron

Had Dublin,Meath,Armagh and Galway. Will i just get paid the double or will they wait to see if the games are rescheduled for midweek?

armaghniac

I imagine the rescheduled games are in 2 weeks time.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rodney trotter

Quote from: beer baron on February 10, 2013, 08:42:20 PM
Had Dublin,Meath,Armagh and Galway. Will i just get paid the double or will they wait to see if the games are rescheduled for midweek?

I had Galway as a 9 team inlcuding soccer, It was given as a void result. Paid up from the other 8 results.

beer baron

Fair play Rodney,you did well. Sounds like ill get paid then so. Cover a few little bets on Champions league midweek  :)

yellowcard

From Paddy power

All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013

Outright Betting

Cork    7/2               
Dublin    7/2
Donegal    4/1   
Kerry    9/2
Mayo    8/1
Kildare    20/1
Tyrone    20/1
Galway    40/1
Meath    66/1
Laois    66/1
Down    66/1
Armagh    66/1
Derry    80/1
Sligo    100/1
Limerick    125/1
Wexford    150/1
Monaghan 150/1
Roscommon    150/1
Longford    150/1
Westmeath    200/1
275/1 Bar

Hard to look past the top 3 of Dublin, Donegal and Cork with Mayo also in with a decent chance. For value its hard to fathom how Tyrone are still available at 20/1 in comparision to say Mayo at 8/1. If Tyrone get into the latter stages they know how to close the deal. However I still think it will come down to Donegal and Dublin with a slight preference for Dublin. Injuries to key players will have a big bearing.

yellowcard

Quote from: AFS on February 11, 2013, 11:30:31 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on February 11, 2013, 11:05:02 PM

Hard to look past the top 3 of Dublin, Donegal and Cork with Mayo also in with a decent chance. For value its hard to fathom how Tyrone are still available at 20/1 in comparision to say Mayo at 8/1. If Tyrone get into the latter stages they know how to close the deal. However I still think it will come down to Donegal and Dublin with a slight preference for Dublin. Injuries to key players will have a big bearing.

Do they? They've lost two quarter finals and a semi final in the last four years.

Very true, but practically all the top teams have lost qf, sf & finals. All I'm saying is that their players have more history of winning big finals in croke park at underage and senior level than say Mayo and it represents better value. I've stated that I fancy Dublin to win it but 20/1 Tyrone is better value than say the 8/1 on Mayo or the 20/1 on Kildare. Both Mayo and Kildare will be involved in the shake up but I can't picture them getting over the line and actually winning it. Would love either of those 2 to do it but just can't see it.

Keane

The difference being Tyrone aren't a top team.

bigfrank

anyone getting involved this weekend? i fancy armagh,derry and dubs for what its worth

manballandall

I had armagh dublin double last night. Not sure about today but punting for kildare, derry and galway

bigfrank

Waiting on derry now for a winning bet..think i will get involved again tho. Can make a good case for donegal if that actual team lines out as named..i doubt it to be honest. Kildare could beat kerry who are a little stronger on paper than they have been but kildare have been going well. Still like derry who managed a huge score against a decent laois team last week.Dont see why an inform offaly team wont beat clare either..and to to finish i think galway will be too strong for westmeath at home

Galway,Offaly and Derry are advised

Milltown Row2

Derry match is defo a banana skin, not touching it, liking Galway (they always beat my bet) Tipp minus 5 though they haven't had a great run and the two crap teams Carlow and Leitrim, I'll plum for Carlow.

Of the rest, Rossie's should win, Cork should win, fancy Donegal to start hitting form, no better place than Healy Park, Kildare to scrape past a resurgent Kerry team and Wexford to beat Derry, should have hammered Armagh last week.

Bet of the day (for best value) is Connacht in the Railway cup. Galway had a great game last week finding goals against Kilkenny is never easy they managed 3 in the first half. Munster hurling (bar Cork this year, so far) hasn't been great of late, haven't seen the line ups but fairly confident that Galway.. oops Connacht should have enough to win.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea