Wedding Band

Started by Oglach, September 29, 2010, 09:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: supersarsfields on September 30, 2010, 12:07:07 PM
Blackthorn used to do a Thursday nite gig in Belfast during my years in Belfast. They used to be a great band. haven't heard them in a long time now tho.

They were regulars in what used to be the Elms.

Their set probably hasn't changed either.

The Iceman

Depends on what kind of crowd you have going - if its a country wedding with a lot of older wans and based on your location I would book Chris Dallat. Does a lot of old time dances, plays plenty of games with the crowd, does some set dancing, teaches dances etc... definitely great value and gets everyone up on the floor.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: FermGael on September 30, 2010, 12:56:30 PM
GoodFella's

That's who we had and couldn't speak highly enough about them. Told them to concentrate on our friends & leave the aul ones to the odd tune here and there & they pulled it off in style. Floor was packed all night & the bar staff were loving all the ACDC & Metallica they pulled out of nowhere, highly recommended.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

armagho9

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on September 30, 2010, 02:22:08 PM
Blackthorn in the Elms on a Thursday night. Good times...

We had Juice from Cookstown direction, very highly recommended.

Juice did my wedding last year as well.  2 lads from Cookstown, they did the DJ as well.  They were very good and not overly expensive (think 900 or 1000).  Which is pretty cheap compared to booking the two seperate, saved any long breaks as well

Oglach

I'd like to thank my fellow Geals for your guidance on this matter. My lady friend has heaped the job of finding a wedding band on to me and its something i've never had to think about before lols. We're from the country in county Down to answer someones question. Thanks again

supersarsfields

It's it's any help. I think The James Peake Experience is from Down. Or at least the company that takes the booking are from that direction anyway.

muppet

Quote from: Oglach on September 30, 2010, 11:03:09 PM
I'd like to thank my fellow Geals for your guidance on this matter. My lady friend has heaped the job of finding a wedding band on to me and its something i've never had to think about before lols. We're from the country in county Down to answer someones question. Thanks again

You'll need a suit and some shoes as well.
MWWSI 2017

trileacman

The drummer from Rick. K and the allnighters.

Just the drummer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItZyaOlrb7E

at 1min.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Square Ball

Quote from: The Iceman on September 30, 2010, 02:34:23 PM
Depends on what kind of crowd you have going - if its a country wedding with a lot of older wans and based on your location I would book Chris Dallat. Does a lot of old time dances, plays plenty of games with the crowd, does some set dancing, teaches dances etc... definitely great value and gets everyone up on the floor.

do they do the slush  ;D feck thats a dance I have never mastered.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

dubai2000

anybody - any up to date recommendations?

tyrone girl

Atmosphere are good. Mr Men, Juice. Thats all can think of the top of my head

Hashtag

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 04, 2012, 02:51:08 PM
Atmosphere are good. Mr Men, Juice. Thats all can think of the top of my head

Has Minster Men at my wedding last year. Very good I thought, nice men to deal with as well. They were £1,200 for band (£900) and Disco (£300)

Onion Bag

Limelight are a great wedding band
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

front of the mountain

Itchy Feet - Enniskillen

Square Ball

been at one with Last Man Standing playing, not bad.

http://www.lastmanstandinglive.com/home.cfm
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid