John Brennan appointed Derry Senior Football Manager

Started by Carnview, September 16, 2010, 09:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnview

thebuzz

Quote from: Carnview on September 16, 2010, 09:44:47 PM
Lavey man John Brennan has been appointed tonight as Derry Senior Football Manager.

Hopefully he'll do well in his new post.

ziggysego

Good to see the former Greencastle manager get the Derry job. I wish John the best. It'll be fun watching Derry this year ;)
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

At last.

I wish him all the best. If anybody can, he can.

DoireGael

I wish him the best, and hopefully he takes Derry football back to the business end of things.  :)

Radda bout yeee

I reckon is a bad appointment! His style won't suit current county set ups! He's too old school now - his time with derry was probably 10 years ago! Hes a culpin in my opinion!

Quarterback

Talk of Conal Sheridan from omagh as the teams trainer.  Had stints with Fermanagh and Cavan

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Club Rossa

People said he didn't have the players at Loup yet he took them to an Ulster club final.Despite all the distractions that he brings,Eoin Bradley will be a big loss to Derry next year so it makes a difficult job all the harder.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 17, 2010, 12:40:28 PM
Doesn't have the players
even though you are prob taking the p**s on purpose !  :D
imo way incorrect.
Kildare are a great example of having no star players (or one/two if you count doyle/early)
and a system and hard work/team ethic.

Derry have enough players to at least replicate kildares 2010 season - though you wouldnt have thought this by looking at them this year!

Main Street

To Derry's credit, the CB made up their mind and appointed a manager in a relatively fast time without obvious rancour.
Maybe they did have much to chose from but that would be a cynical viewpoint to deflect from what appears to be a tidy bit of decision making :)

mackers

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 17, 2010, 02:55:16 PM
Doesn't have the players
imo way incorrect.
Kildare are a great example of having no star players (or one/two if you count doyle/early)

Derry have enough players to at least replicate kildares 2010 season - though you wouldnt have thought this by looking at them this year!
Is Brennan the man to do that though, or will we be hearing this line this time next year? I see in today's paper he reckons he only needs a year to see whether the Derry panel has what it takes.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

whiskeysteve

never seen much of brennan, only been at few games where i was a neutral where he was managing a team but i suppose his record speaks for itself. Always heard previous county boards were against getting him in because he was such a loose cannon, made me wonder what kind of cratur he was...

maybe at his interview for the job he made a speech like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXtF6WRdJtc&feature=related
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on September 17, 2010, 03:25:11 PM
To Derry's credit, the CB made up their mind and appointed a manager in a relatively fast time without obvious rancour.
Maybe they did have much to chose from but that would be a cynical viewpoint to deflect from what appears to be a tidy bit of decision making :)
aye - almost too easy by Derry standards !
:D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mackers on September 17, 2010, 03:46:28 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 17, 2010, 02:55:16 PM
Doesn't have the players
imo way incorrect.

Is Brennan the man to do that though, or will we be hearing this line this time next year? I see in today's paper he reckons he only needs a year to see whether the Derry panel has what it takes.
good question. Hope so. Will find out soon enough !!