NELSON YOU PLONKER!

Started by lawnseed, September 15, 2010, 11:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

limerick and croker neither will be full. ::) what a wasted opportunity. i dont like casement but this would have been something especially if down do the business
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

DoireGael

Quote from: lawnseed on September 16, 2010, 11:31:59 PM
limerick and croker neither will be full. ::) what a wasted opportunity. i dont like casement but this would have been something especially if down do the business

It has to come to ulster the next time, was it not out the west the last time for one game. It would have surely pulled a big crowd at Casement, i remember there was quite a bit of talk about it  ???

MCMLX

Is Casement big enough to hold an International?

lawnseed

it would have been full Cm. they wont get 20,000 in limerick, i think there was only 12000 when it went to salthill. its too late now anyway. there will elections soon hopefully people will think before they put their x and idiots like nelson mccausland will be like the sad old politicians of apartheid-- embarrassing reminders of the past

stibhan

I don't think he believes in Sport being played on a Sunday.

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: lawnseed on September 16, 2010, 11:52:38 PM
it would have been full Cm. they wont get 20,000 in limerick, i think there was only 12000 when it went to salthill. its too late now anyway. there will elections soon hopefully people will think before they put their x and idiots like nelson mccausland will be like the sad old politicians of apartheid-- embarrassing reminders of the past
#

Nonsense. It was a full house in Salthill.

johnneycool

I think Limerick gaelic grounds holds 40K to 50K.

tyssam5

Quote from: DoireGael on September 16, 2010, 11:11:30 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on September 16, 2010, 11:06:21 PM
considering how these guys love having a go at Catriona ruane and Marguerite Richie and indeed anyone who doesn't in their opinion do their job properly the lack of pressure from the meeja and nelson's stormont buddies is amazing. this guy is getting money under false pretences(as is the BBC) and nobody gives a toss. is it the case that none of them wants to call the kettle black. stuff like this is the reason that i believe the first round of the compromise rules should be played in Belfast. i want to see nelson and the BBC squirm under the international spotlight and let the world see them try to side step the juggernaut  that is Gaelic games on this island.  >:(

A sectarian, narrow minded fool. I think he had a couple of stupid remarks about exhibts at the Ulster Musuem in Belfast also  ???

That would definatly be great to see, what was the final verdict on that?

Well I reckon both Gaelic football and rugby and maybe even soccer probably evolved from a common root. However, Nelson reckons all 3 were created in present form 6000 years ago.

Rossfan

it would have been full Cm. they wont get 20,000 in limerick, i think there was only 12000 when it went to salthill.

Stop digging when you're in a hole.
Salthill was filled that night as was Croker for the battle the same year.
Don't know if they will fill the 50,000 capacity Páirc na nGael but I suspect Croker will be near capacity.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lawnseed

well rossfan I'm not getting into attendances at matches the point is that Mr mccausland is the sports minister for the 6 counties he is in receipt of a hansom salary and has a substantial staff also paid for by taxpaying mugs like me, up till now he has spent his time criticising the names of gaa clubs and grounds and using them as a reason to avoid doing his job, indeed threatening to pull funding/grants from our association for that same reason. i don't know of any reason he should schedule other events in his dairy on the 3rd sunday in sept and indeed refuse to say what these other events are. hes a plonker and on that point there can be no despute.

Eamonnca1

Doesn't watch sport of a Sunday, hmm?  If I were interviewing him I'd be asking if he's ever seen a World Cup final, a Wimbledon mens' final, or a Formula 1 grand prix.

Dún Dún

Dún Dún