Was Cowen badly hungover on the radio this morning?

Started by Shamrock Shore, September 14, 2010, 10:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Can't see what the issue is at all. He doesn't sound that bad.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Shamrock Shore

deiseach

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 14, 2010, 01:35:04 PM
Can't see what the issue is at all. He doesn't sound that bad.

I thought he sounded brutal. The slip-up about the Good Friday / Croke Park Agreement makes for a good soundbite for the meeja but that was just the cherry on top of the slurring and stumbling cake that preceeded it. It'll probably blow over - it'll be impossible to prove one way or the other that he was tired and emotional, and it's noticeable the Blueshirts aren't going at this with much gusto - but it has to be another nail in his political coffin

Hardy

I don't know what depresses more. The thought of who we're relying on to lead us away from perdition or the contemplation, listening to Liveline, or the people we have to share this place with.

deiseach

Quote from: Hardy on September 14, 2010, 02:03:10 PM
I don't know what depresses more. The thought of who we're relying on to lead us away from perdition or the contemplation, listening to Liveline, of the people we have to share this place with.

Definitely the latter.

Main Street

Hardy

muppet

I didn't think he actually sounded that bad, but that is not the point.

There appears to be consensus that he was up until 0230 and was drinking. There is some evidence that he was still up at 0330. He was supposed to be at work on behalf of the State at 0845 doing an interview. He was late for that and put in a below par performance.

That is poor judgement for anyone in any normal job and you would expect to be possibly disciplined for it. We now have ministers and even journalists defending this behaviour as normal and acceptable. It isn't either.

Yes most of us have probably done it. But most of haven't advertised it on national radio.
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

Quote from: muppet on September 14, 2010, 06:22:48 PM
That is poor judgement for anyone in any normal job and you would expect to be possibly disciplined for it. We now have ministers and even journalists defending this behaviour as normal and acceptable. It isn't either.

God, can imagine journalists criticising this? I remember talking to a hack on the train to a match once. Obviously he was a GAA enthusiast so I didn't think it was controversial to say that I wasn't particularly fond of Diarmuid Doyle. He frowned at this. "Diarmuid is all right. He can hold his ale." No greater compliment!

seafoid

Fair play to Biffo. Well able to waffle think it's important no question not a sustainable position the real issue for us seriousness of our intent made very clear yada yada. 

The sparring afterwards was hilarious. He was 'hoarse'. You couldn't make it up
anyway I don't see why FG are so interested in getting rid of him. The next 5 years will be hell for the Government.  Try bridging a 20bn deficit with little or no economic growth.   

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on September 14, 2010, 07:22:51 PM
Fair play to Biffo. Well able to waffle think it's important no question not a sustainable position the real issue for us seriousness of our intent made very clear yada yada. 

The sparring afterwards was hilarious. He was 'hoarse'. You couldn't make it up
anyway I don't see why FG are so interested in getting rid of him. The next 5 years will be hell for the Government.  Try bridging a 20bn deficit with little or no economic growth.   

10 year bonds rose 7 points on today Biffo-gate news.
MWWSI 2017

Hurler on the Bitch

He sounded okay to me. But I'm just in from a Freshers' Disco!

ONeill

Sounds OK to me too. You should listen to Barry McElduff when excited.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

And youse had the cheek to laugh at Yeltsin when he was too blocked/tired to get off the plane at Shannon!