Derry looking for new miracle worker - sorry Manager

Started by lynchbhoy, September 08, 2010, 10:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

yous wanted paddy crozier in - he won an NFL  - yous wanted him out!
yous wanted God in an he was humiliated by Kildare = worst display in living memory
yous wanted brennan. Yous got fcuk all.
yous have inflated egos -  yous think yous are top ten material!

MOR might actually deliver that. The Mc Ivor combo probably would too. We would give a right arm for either in Antrim.

screenexile

Quote from: bannside on July 08, 2012, 02:32:49 AM
yous wanted paddy crozier in - he won an NFL  - yous wanted him out!
yous wanted God in an he was humiliated by Kildare = worst display in living memory
yous wanted brennan. Yous got fcuk all.
yous have inflated egos -  yous think yous are top ten material!

MOR might actually deliver that. The Mc Ivor combo probably would too. We would give a right arm for either in Antrim.

But you already have Derry's finest!

oakleafgael

Irish News makes for interesting reading this morning. I thought it would be another week or so before a reply would surface and didn't expect it to be from McCloy but he didn't miss with what he said either, in particular about Bradley refusing to be a substitute and walking out. Bradley really should have had more sense than to put on record what he thought but it served Paddy Heaney's purpose anyway.

theticklemister

Quote from: oakleafgael on July 11, 2012, 11:05:46 AM
Irish News makes for interesting reading this morning. I thought it would be another week or so before a reply would surface and didn't expect it to be from McCloy but he didn't miss with what he said either, in particular about Bradley refusing to be a substitute and walking out. Bradley really should have had more sense than to put on record what he thought but it served Paddy Heaney's purpose anyway.

what was said lad; won't see it for an hour or so!!!!

Wildweasel74

McCloy as chairman, some man talking about bradley alright, a man in a greenhouse shouldnt start firing brick i think!! the problem with derry county board is its always bigwigs with money who seem to get the top job in the county, i be more happy if a normal gaa man would get the job, but money seems to talk!! Its time to pull the pin on owenbeg as a backup county ground, was a stupid idea given the facilities at the glen anyway, any straigy thinking derry man on the board should have seen this and stood up and said it!! a pipe dream that should have been stopped by derry clubs before money was wasted on a stand!1 Hell they wouldnt even paint the toilets at celtic park, how hard is that!!  I would love someone from the county board to give the reason for doing this and not having these games at maghera if the need arised!! we have f**k all support and i go to the championship games later in the summer, see the crowds at it and wonder where all these bollocks are when the county is playing!! is it a wonder county players are more into there clubs when more people turn up for their club games than the counties!! i have all the luck, derry and liverpool supporter, oh the misery"!! and of course my tyrone friends (sorry associates) support man utd, of course we have to be polar opposites!!

theticklemister

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 11, 2012, 11:16:54 PM
McCloy as chairman, some man talking about bradley alright, a man in a greenhouse shouldnt start firing brick i think!! the problem with derry county board is its always bigwigs with money who seem to get the top job in the county, i be more happy if a normal gaa man would get the job, but money seems to talk!! Its time to pull the pin on owenbeg as a backup county ground, was a stupid idea given the facilities at the glen anyway, any straigy thinking derry man on the board should have seen this and stood up and said it!! a pipe dream that should have been stopped by derry clubs before money was wasted on a stand!1 Hell they wouldnt even paint the toilets at celtic park, how hard is that!!  I would love someone from the county board to give the reason for doing this and not having these games at maghera if the need arised!! we have f**k all support and i go to the championship games later in the summer, see the crowds at it and wonder where all these bollocks are when the county is playing!! is it a wonder county players are more into there clubs when more people turn up for their club games than the counties!! i have all the luck, derry and liverpool supporter, oh the misery"!! and of course my tyrone friends (sorry associates) support man utd, of course we have to be polar opposites!!

Soccer out now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wildweasel74

Think i support kildare this weather, they are popular these days, goes well with my derry / liverpool wannbees section lol

orangeman

John Brennan staying on ?

Derry manager John Brennan hits back at Paddy Bradley comments
Derry boss John Brennan has delivered a stinging rebuke to star forward Paddy Bradley as the fall-out from the dismal Championship campaign continued.

Brennan rejected Bradley's claim that Derry's senior squad had been under-funded and criticised the player for airing his concerns in the media.

Bradley made his remarks on BBC Radio Ulster after Derry's defeat by Longford in the first round of the qualifiers.

Brennan said Bradley had committed the "cardinal sin of going to the media."

Use accessible player and disable flyout menusFormer All Star Bradley had also claimed Derry had not prepared properly for the Championship and did not have enough players at training to hold 15-a-side practice matches.

He desbribed the three-point defeat by Longford as the lowest ebb of his 13-year senior county career.

In an Irish News article, the Oak Leaf county manager said Braldey should not have gone public with his concerns.

"There is an in-house rule in sport that you don't talk outside the four walls of the dressing room, but Paddy did not observe that," said Brennan.

"He committed the cardinal sin of going to the media and spouting out on whatever grievances he felt he had.

"Paddy should have made his feelings known to the team management and county board officers.

"As far as I am concerned, there was no lack of funding by the county board."

Brennan, who has been in charge of Derry for two years, said he had still to decide whether he wanted to stay at the helm for a third year.

Wildweasel74

John committs the cardinal sin of blaming the ref ever time we lose too, its time for a change, that was the unfittest derry team i have seen in 22yrs!!!