Official Meath Manager Thread

Started by Jinxy, September 07, 2010, 03:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

a right royal mess.

This is the sort of carry on you expect from langers and donegal wans.

Jinxy

Quote from: agorm on November 08, 2010, 03:55:15 PM
Who is Eamonn saying should get the job....Cooney?

bit of a worthless interview if that question was not asked.

Eamonn usually says Eamonn should get the job.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maguire01

Quote from: thejuice on November 08, 2010, 11:23:24 AM
Eamon Barry also reckons the clubs are gonig to go against McEananeys appointment.
He's giving out about the PR machine around Banty's application, yet seems to be trying to do something similar to oppose it.

stephenite

Jesus lads, over 2 months in and ye've only managed 13 pages???  :D

Main Street

Meathman is as tight with his words as he is with his cash.

Jinxy

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=138250

I'd rather not read statements from county board members demanding the delegates ratify Banty.  :P

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Jinxy on November 10, 2010, 10:52:04 AM
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=138250

I'd rather not read statements from county board members demanding the delegates ratify Banty.  :P
Jinxy; right now the entire population of Mayo- the living and the dead who still turn up to vote in general elections, are speechless with envy and admiration.
When it comes to making a donkey's haemes out of electing a county manager, we thought we were the best in the business but you lot have proved to be streets ahead of us.
Okay, I am from mayo and all that entails but I do have a snaking regard for Meath and its football and I can't understand why affairs in the royal county are in such a mess and have been so since Sean Boylan retired.
I may well be wrong but it seems to me that you have ongoing tension between the players, clubs and the county board since then. Right now, I feel that relationships between all of them are as bad as they have ever been.
If Banty gets the job, half the county will be against him from the start and Meath will continue to underachieve for the foreseeable future.
What is wrong with Meath football

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

rrhf

I think Meath clubs could be making an interesting stand here.  But in the absence of credible internal volunteers with appropriate credentials who will stand up and say Im prepared to manage the team for nothing, heres my coaching and backroom staff and they are volunteering to do the job for nothing.  This will cost the county board .. nothing.  If a worthy Meath candidate was passed over in those circumstances then that would be disgraceful.  Ill put this another way.  Do they have to pay Meath men to do the job, because if they currently have to then the money arguement weakens any arguement a so called Meath man might have.     

Main Street

Tonight's the night?
Last stand for the blue-blooded Meath man against the imposition of the "band of outsiders" to run the county team.

Aaron Boone

RTE will hope it's sorted by 9.15pm so they can get it onto the news.

Jinxy

We'll wait till half nine just to spite RTE.
That's how we roll.  8)

HiMucker

Money shouldn be a problem, Bantys mileage allowance will be very low considering he only uses laundered fuel

demusicman

I arrived into a well known Co. Meath Pub to have a  quiet pint the other night.The barman turned down the sound on the Telly because he was in stitches [and I joined in] laughing at "we voted tonight to have Gerry Cooney in as county manager at our meeting tonight". This was said several times by the thirsty club committee members.
Now it is my understanding clubs were asked to vote on accepting Banty and Co. not  a choice of AN OTHER.
Hope this is not typical of what is happening around clubs throughout the county.

agorm

I heard that Banty has been ratified, dont know what the vote was.

qprmeath

Banty got the job 53-19  :) :) :) Three year term to be reviewed after two years which surprises me as I thought he would only get a year.