Dramatic Donaldson

Started by winsamsoon, February 18, 2007, 06:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Was watching it on TG4 and his dive was pathetic.He got the throw up so I suppose he can justify it on a result basis.Don't know the lad at all but the personal spite being thrown at him on this thread is not really on.  The Crossmaglen goalkeeper also theatrically rolled around killing time in injury time.

Was it me or did it seem Oisín McConville foul the ball in lead up to  their goal???.

winsamsoon

I'll agree that he a is a dirty bollocks . I will also agree that he ain't the greatest player i have seen but like it or not he is effective at what he does. Saying that the dive was just classic. If i may add he done the exact same in this years county final when he was again brushed by a clans player. He needs to knock this on the head. This carry on of trying to conn referees is something we associate with soccer or canavan  ;) ;) . He has to be embarassed when he sees this on tv. I will agree with pint though he has the medals to prove his success.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: winsamsoon on February 18, 2007, 11:46:04 PM
I'll agree that he a is a dirty bollocks . I will also agree that he ain't the greatest player i have seen but like it or not he is effective at what he does. Saying that the dive was just classic. If i may add he done the exact same in this years county final when he was again brushed by a clans player. He needs to knock this on the head. This carry on of trying to conn referees is something we associate with soccer or canavan  ;) ;) . He has to be embarassed when he sees this on tv. I will agree with pint though he has the medals to prove his success.

Donaldson's dive was a pure joke.  It was blatant Rivaldo stuff.  for shame!!!

lynchbhoy

didnt see it but diving is a disgrace.

The guy is not a bad player though

would get on most club teams...

realredhandfan

Over the Bar

Unfortunately most people cant differentiate between the skill of drawing a foul from your marker and diving.

Hardy

There's been a lot of talk lately about the need for referees to show 'common sense' in their decision making and handling of incidents. I'm all for that. If I was a referee I would make the common sense decision to let it be known that the rest of the game was open season on anybody trying to introduce Rivaldoism into our game. Any lad administering a dacent skelp to the offender would have nothing to fear from me. After all, how can I be expected to decide which of his collapses are caused by real assaults or injuries  and which are feigned, if he starts off by trying to fool me by falling down for no reason? As far as I'm concerned, he can fall around as much as he likes for the rest of the game – I'm not qualified to interpret his choreography and if some or all of his falls are caused by serious injuries, well that'll be his fault, for starting it, not mine for accepting his decision to carry on this way.

full back

Quote from: Hardy on February 19, 2007, 10:38:57 AM
if some or all of his falls are caused by serious injuries, well that'll be his fault

Yep, common sense all the way Hardy

Hardy

You sow the wind, what do you reap?

Cloc Mor

QuoteAt least Donaldson had a mild slap on the jaw before he dropped.

So that makes it ok then?

realredhandfan

The man himself, being the hallion that he is. Did you see the way he went down in the game today? This is from the guy who is supposed to be a hard man. I can tell you this if this would have happened to Bellew he would have took it and moved on.I know Donaldson got a hop ball for it but it is just so pathetic and laughable to watch.

In fairness to Bellew did he not take a serious dive himself against Cavan prevously in the championship. a poor example.  What about the Armagh penalty in the 2002 AIF anyone?

full back

You are speaking about 2 incidents in the last 5 years?
People in glass houses and all that craic

realredhandfan

Christ Im rubbishing the Bellew comparison. 

full back

winsamsoon

If you are refering to the penalty awarded in the final against Kerry???? It was a clear cut decision, Mc Conville was clearly obstructed by the goalkeepers feet. It could have been the defender who knocked him onto the keeper but Mc Conville was still prevented from getting a shot at goal. The Cross team at the moment have got away with so much indiscipline in the past and it was still on show yesterday.  Sean Mc Namee threw a punch into the fellow whom he was marking. The only reason why he did this was because he was getting the run around. I was glad to see Mc Entee getting buried thon time over on the line because that guy has been at the centre of some nasty incidents, But in fairness he took it like a man and got up to play on. For that i give him credit.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.