Odd notions as a child

Started by ziggysego, August 27, 2010, 03:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

As I said in another thread:

When I was a child, I thought my life was a soap opera. I thought there was hidden camera all over the place watching me and the show was being viewed in Australia.

I'd a lot of funny notions as a child.

What strange notions did you have as a child growing up?
Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

Not notions as such, but my sister used to go really quiet, and start whispering, as we were driving along. We hadn't a clue what she was doing until we realised she had misread the 'No Overtaking' signs :D

Niall Quinn

On first learning to swim, I couldn't believe how quick I was. I would revolutionize competitive swimming.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Puckoon

This isn't meant in any way to sound bad - but I used to be fascinated with how Down's Syndrome (of course I didnt know the term, nor the illness) sufferers all looked like each other.

Orior

When driving home from Mass, my Dad would sometimes suggest that he drop me at the Shanks farm, so I could get a ride on their mare.

He never did.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

John Martin

When I had a pain, eg I hurt my leg falling over, I thought it would only be painful a certain amount of times. So I would run on the spot even if it was really sore until it went away.
This didn't help me when I broke my arm for the first time and tried to put weight on it as much as possible.

lolafrola

i had the odd notion as a child that every time i got a new pair of trainers that i could run faster than everyone else

i also had a notion for my mates sister
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

tyrone girl

I had the notion that if we were ever bad we would be sent to live with Pat Dumphrey

ross4life

For my First Holy Communion i had the notion of knocking over the Priest because i didn't like his big silly hat, i also had the notion i could fly, i would get my bike find the largest hill & go flying over the ditch
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on August 27, 2010, 05:07:22 PM
For my First Holy Communion i had the notion of knocking over the Priest because i didn't like his big silly hat, i also had the notion i could fly, i would get my bike find the largest hill & go flying over the ditch

And do you find now that your a year older you don't have these crazy notions anymore?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ross4life

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 27, 2010, 05:10:10 PM
Quote from: ross4life on August 27, 2010, 05:07:22 PM

And do you find now that your a year older you don't have these crazy notions anymore?

I had a crazy nightmare/notion.... I dreamt I was you.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

David McKeown

Growing up I always used to think Ardee was this horrible war torn place. The reason for this was the priest at mass would alwas say "and grant us peace in our day" in such a way that I always thought he was saying "and grant us peace in Ardee". As a result I was always worried when we decided to go near Ardee on the way to Dubkin
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ardmhachaabu

Not one of mine, my brother's, for years he thought that Greenpark CBS was Germany and said it every time we went past in the car because my ma and da had left me off there to go on a school trip to Germany
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ONeill

Quote from: tyrone girl on August 27, 2010, 04:54:50 PM
I had the notion that if we were ever bad we would be sent to live with Pat Dumphrey

Ha! There's a blast from the past. And Tom.

Up until I was 19 I thought we had 4 different moons with different sizes.
I thought you battered an eyelid.
I thought Elvis died from eating too many yoghurts.
I believed in spinach.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

red hander

I used to think the cowboys and Indians shot off those horses in the Westerns actually died.

I also used to think from a very early age the whole ritual of Mass - the candles, the incense etc - was bollix and that many priests were scary, twisted hypocrites who were given far too much respect and were objects of far too much kow-towing by otherwise sensible adults.

Glad I was wrong about the first one